Perk question

Does anyone know the max number of perks you can gain as I started as a Dark Elf assassian who is going the DB, Thief, Vampire route and anyother dark/evil route but I had my perks worked out then reading thru achievements I have to add extra perks to vampire

Also have a Redguard class assassin ok not a class suited to that play style but noticed need to make him a werewolf with full perks

Ok sort the same play style but taking different routes Dark Elf went to Falkreath doing dungeons clearing and killing poisoned arrows and poisoned daggers.

Where as the RedGuard went to Whiterun and got abit lost on the way attacking anyone that attacked him he ended up with a good bow attacking a necromancer ... He playing as someone that destroys DB joins imperials and becomes a vampire hunter ... But will he be able to become a werewolf

Yeah I know alot of play time involved in skyrim lol

Have the dlc dawnguard

I'm not sure I understand your question. If you're asking how many perks are possible, with the 1.9 update, 256 and then you start back with 0 if you go over. This all has to do with legendary skills. I'm not sure if I answered your question as it doesn't relate to being a vampire or werewolf which have their own perk trees and experience for those comes from kills, not leveling up.

Guest Scotty
Does anyone know the max number of perks you can gain as I started as a Dark Elf assassian who is going the DB, Thief, Vampire route and anyother dark/evil route but I had my perks worked out then reading thru achievements I have to add extra perks to vampire

Also have a Redguard class assassin ok not a class suited to that play style but noticed need to make him a werewolf with full perks

Ok sort the same play style but taking different routes Dark Elf went to Falkreath doing dungeons clearing and killing poisoned arrows and poisoned daggers.

Where as the RedGuard went to Whiterun and got abit lost on the way attacking anyone that attacked him he ended up with a good bow attacking a necromancer ... He playing as someone that destroys DB joins imperials and becomes a vampire hunter ... But will he be able to become a werewolf

Yeah I know alot of play time involved in skyrim lol

Have the dlc dawnguard

perks are essentially infinite now, like 0913 said above, when you hit level 100 in any skill, you can make it legendary, which will turn the skill back down to 15(?) but you keep all the perks you have already put into it as well as being able to earn more by leveling up. you can, if you spent the time, get enough perks points to fill every single slot.

as for being a vampire, the perks you get for that aren't from leveling up, they're from feeding on people as a vampire. you need to be in the vampire lord state to access the perks for vampires, and to earn xp towards unlocking them. this is the same for werewolf too.

and you're dude can become a werewolf, so long as he isn't a vampire. you can become a vampire as many times as you want and get cured then be one again, etc, but you can only be a werewolf twice. if you cure yourself twice from being a werewolf, you can never be one again. just a heads up.:)

slight correction

once you hit 100 in a skill. hit Y to make it legendary, it will reset it down to 15, and refund any points you've put into it.

so if you've unlocked all points in smithing, let's say... and you make it legendary, you will get back 10 points.

getting it up to 100 again will net you roughly two levels (and also two more points).

there are 251 perks in the game.

so while getting everything is certainly a possibility, it's gonna take you a very long and boring time.

Guest Scotty
slight correction

once you hit 100 in a skill. hit Y to make it legendary, it will reset it down to 15, and refund any points you've put into it.

so if you've unlocked all points in smithing, let's say... and you make it legendary, you will get back 10 points.

getting it up to 100 again will net you roughly two levels (and also two more points).

there are 251 perks in the game.

so while getting everything is certainly a possibility, it's gonna take you a very long and boring time.

really? i didn't know your perk points where removed. still, it's a good update to the leveling system for making a super character. not that i need a super character playing on easy:p

So perks have no limit if you play for a very long time ... What I meant was when you gain a new level you have a perk to spend in light armour, one handed etc ... Was wondering on what the max was but thinking about it if there is not a lvl cap perks are unlimited .... Just I had a planned route on my skill trees was going to take up to lvl 60 .... But if I'm either a vampire/warewolf would still need to spend perks as well as getting either to 100

So perks have no limit if you play for a very long time ... What I meant was when you gain a new level you have a perk to spend in light armour, one handed etc ... Was wondering on what the max was but thinking about it if there is not a lvl cap perks are unlimited .... Just I had a planned route on my skill trees was going to take up to lvl 60 .... But if I'm either a vampire/warewolf would still need to spend perks as well as getting either to 100

you still need the planned route somewhat... but it will be complicated by the fact that while you may have a point to spend, the planned perk might not be unlockable for you yet (example: you need a skill of 70, but you've only got 57)

OH, and in case you've got the wrong idea:

Vampire and Werewolf perks don't take the same kind of points as skills do.

you get those points by feeding as either a vampire lord or in beastform.