What cars are looking forward to the most?

Evil Epyon

With the release of this game looming on us, It seems like a pretty relevant question. Which cars are you most looking forward to driving that are returning and that will be new?

For me, i'm most excited about the return of the 350z (its fun to be able to drive your rl car in one of these type of games), and the Audi R8 5.2 which was a great awd mid level car.

In the new cars, I think i'm most excited about the Tesla as lame as it sounds. In GRID in was a great car to drive and the electric engine had amazing pickup. Otherwise the 458 challenge should be very interesting.

What are your thoughts?

The whole Skyline range obviously: 2000GT-R, R32, R33, R34, GT-R SpecV, GT500 GT-R

For my livery design: E92 M3, Ferrari 458, Charger SRT8, Zonda R, Evo IX MR, GT-R SpecV

Aside from that all the new supercars; the Mercedes C63, E63, and CL63 AMGs; and the Limited Edition cars, BMW art contest cars, VIP pack cars, etc. And I know this is stupid but the Hummer H1, it's so silly I'm excited.

Im not going to lie seeing the hummer lumbering around would be pretty hilarious.

MxPx I definitely feel like they have strayed more towards the super and hyper car ranges though because they excite the average player. Seems like Forza 1/2 had more cars you'd see on the roads

MxPx I definitely feel like they have strayed more towards the super and hyper car ranges though because they excite the average player. Seems like Forza 1/2 had more cars you'd see on the roads

I think you need a balance of both. I love to get into cars like the Skyline, Mercedes-Benz AMGs, and Mustangs because those are attainable for me in real life. But at the same time I want to experience what it's like to have a Lamborghini at my disposal.

You might wish there were more common cars but I haven't seen a game that strikes a better balance than Forza, it's really the best choice we have.

I think you need a balance of both. I love to get into cars like the Skyline, Mercedes-Benz AMGs, and Mustangs because those are attainable for me in real life. But at the same time I want to experience what it's like to have a Lamborghini at my disposal.

You might wish there were more common cars but I haven't seen a game that strikes a better balance than Forza, it's really the best choice we have.

I'm not saying they shouldn't be in the game, but I'm just saying it should be more realistic. It's a racing game...it should be about cars that are actually raced.

Nobody races their store-bought Ferrari...it's too expensive, parts cost too much. If a Ferrari is getting raced, it is a purpose-built race car that was built for the track.

If you go to a track IRL, you'll see Miatas, RX-7s, Corvettes, Mustangs, Acura ITRs, etc.

I'm not saying they shouldn't be in the game, but I'm just saying it should be more realistic. It's a racing game...it should be about cars that are actually raced.

Nobody races their store-bought Ferrari...it's too expensive, parts cost too much. If a Ferrari is getting raced, it is a purpose-built race car that was built for the track.

If you go to a track IRL, you'll see Miatas, RX-7s, Corvettes, Mustangs, Acura ITRs, etc.

I think it depends what track days you go to. I agree if it's a competitive race you see more mid priced cars like the ones you mentioned, but earlier in the year i went to a non competitive track day (i myself didn't take my car for the reason you mentioned) but i was surprised at the amount of pricey cars, mostly 911's, 2 Astons: V8 Vantage & DB9, there was even a 360 Modena and a Gallardo and the drivers were pushing them hard.

First off I don't agree with the idea that no one races their Ferraris and Lamborghinis. You might not see them on a track near your home but go to one in a rich area and you see nothing but expensive cars. Like that episode of Top Gear where they took their Alfas onto a track. They were getting blown away by Porsches, Gallardo Superleggeras, Lotus's; it all depends on what track you go to and what track meets are going on. Just look into historic races at Concourse events, people race cars like the 250 GTO (worth up to $20 million), classic Bugatti's (worth up to $5 million), and pretty much any car worth more than you could ever imagine; cars that are so rare they make a normal Ferrari seem as common as an M&M.

Aside from that whether you think cars are raced or not should have no bearing on whether they're included in a racing game. This isn't real life, the whole point is to escape the limitations of reality, and in the case of racing that's money.

much OT, so I'll get back to topic:

Ford Focus! :D

Lexus LF-A (already waiting too long! :/)

OT: I have been waiting for the LF-A for so long, I think its just a great looking car and quite the machine. Though I did like what Clarkson said about it "Is it 5x quicker than a GTR? Is it 5x faster that a GTR? Hammond "No" Clarkson "Then why wouldn't I just get 5 Nissan GTRs?"

It was so funny and as much as I love the GTR especially the SpecV, I still want one.

OffT: I think that the racing scene is so different across the world. Here in the states I think that we see many more purpose built race cars because we don't have the same depth of ultra high end cars that Europe does. In Europe especially at the Nurburgring it is pretty common place to see people drive their Lambo or Ferrari to the track and run some laps for a fun track day.

2011 #02 Audi A4 Touring Car

2011 #03 Audi A4 Touring Car

2011 #04 Audi A4 Touring Car

2011 #05 Audi A4 Touring Car

2011 #06 Audi A4 Touring Car

2006 #2 Audi Sport North America R8

2008 #2 Audi Sport North America R10 TDI

2009 #2 Audi Sport Team Joest R15 TDI

2011 #4 Forza Motorsport R10 TDI

2004 #8 Team ABT Sportsline TT-R

2009 Q7 V12 TDI

2008 R8 4.2 FSI quattro

2010 R8 5.2 FSI quattro

2009 R8 LMS

1995 RS2 Avant

2006 RS4

2003 RS6

2009 RS6

2000 S4

2004 S4

2010 S4

2007 S5

1983 Sport quattro

2004 TT Coupé 3.2 quattro

2007 TT Coupé 3.2 quattro S-Line

2010 TT-RS Coupe

much OT, so I'll get back to topic:

Ford Focus! :D

Lexus LF-A (already waiting too long! :/)

I never understood the LF-A, i don't see the point of it in terms of it's place in the market and at the end of the day, it's a Lexus?

I can't wait to try the new Morgan, take it round a few of the tracks to get a feel for the road before i start racing.

I never understood the LF-A, i don't see the point of it in terms of it's place in the market and at the end of the day, it's a Lexus?

Purely a matter of taste! And yes... it's really unreasonable. Saw such a car in front of a hotel and it just looks great imho... and the sound! :woop:

Lexus needs to fight perceptions like that to be taken more seriously. They already own the top spot in the luxury market, but the general perception is the same as that towards Toyota, reliable and comfortable but boring.

Mercedes has AMGs with enough torque to alter the Earth's orbit, BMW has the M division that focuses on handling, and Quattro Gmbh has the AWD V10s and Avants. Lexus has never had anything to compete there. The IS-F started it, the LF-A stepped it up, but expect more from them from now on. There have actually been spy shots of a super-LS on the Nurburgring in the past month. An LS with a 5L V8, 641hp, 524lb-ft, 0-60 in 4.2 seconds, and a 200 mph top speed.

Lexus is becoming a whole different beast.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/09/21/super-lexus-ls-has-a-name-and-specs-tmg-edition/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+weblogsinc%2Fautoblog+%28Autoblog%29

Lexus needs to fight perceptions like that to be taken more seriously. They already own the top spot in the luxury market, but the general perception is the same as that towards Toyota, reliable and comfortable but boring.

Mercedes has AMGs with enough torque to alter the Earth's orbit, BMW has the M division that focuses on handling, and Quattro Gmbh has the AWD V10s and Avants. Lexus has never had anything to compete there. The IS-F started it, the LF-A stepped it up, but expect more from them from now on. There have actually been spy shots of a super-LS on the Nurburgring in the past month. An LS with a 5L V8, 641hp, 524lb-ft, 0-60 in 4.2 seconds, and a 200 mph top speed.

Lexus is becoming a whole different beast.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/09/21/super-lexus-ls-has-a-name-and-specs-tmg-edition/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+weblogsinc%2Fautoblog+%28Autoblog%29

The LFA is double the price of most AMG Mercs, 4 times the price of an M5. The badge comes with little kudos and even less history. For the same price as some Zonda's and Koenigsegg's you get a car with similar performance, but with more than a touch of the Toyota Celica about it. Talk about niche.

The LFA is double the price of most AMG Mercs, 4 times the price of an M5. The badge comes with little kudos and even less history. For the same price as some Zonda's and Koenigsegg's you get a car with similar performance, but with more than a touch of the Toyota Celica about it. Talk about niche.

1 - AMGs and M5s are nowhere near the LF-A's market position

2 - Badge kudos are for badge-whores who only care about showing off

3 - Koenigsegg and Pagani have no heritage or history. They're new to the game, a decade is nothing.

Playing the heritage card is a tired argument.

3 - Koenigsegg and Pagani have no heritage or history. They're new to the game, a decade is nothing.

Skyline we can be friends lol. The real thing is that I'd love to see an M5 or AMG Merc achieve the same lap times as an LF-A around the Nurburgring, it's not even comparable. Its sort of like saying that a diesel truck is comparable to the LF-A only on the grounds of it having a lot of torque. Power numbers aside those sports saloons or big coupes aren't in the same class as a super car. As for Pagani or Koenigsegg we haven't had to live with them quite long enough to have a sterling rep, in its heyday TVR made cool cars but where are they now?

AMG prices are ridiculous... like the LFA's.

Everyone's a badge whore (even rice). Show me someone who isn't and I'll show you someone who doesn't care about cars.

Koenigsegg and Pagani aren't an exercises in premium brand marketing from a big motor manufacturer.

Btw, kudos and heritage are not the same thing... that's why they're spelt differently.

Everyone's a badge whore (even rice). Show me someone who isn't and I'll show you someone who doesn't care about cars.

This was my original trail of thought, not saying off the bat that the first and only factor you consider before buying a car is the badge, but it plays a big part.

If someone gave me a couple hundred thou and told me to buy a car with the sole purpose of being a track car, then the LF-A is a serious contender, it's numbers and stats are impressive, so i understand the purpose of the car in terms of performance. However if i was buying a car for general driving/living with, then i would chose the European counterpart, only because car badges have become so much more of a branding tool in recent years, that even non-car enthusiasts know the stereotypes behind each badge. For the same reason i wouldn't buy the new FT-86 (if it's ever made) for the simple fact it's a Toyota

From a business point of view of selling a product in the market, would you rather have the Pagani or the Lexus?

Although i have to admit, if Lexus can break into the high price/performance market with the LF-A, then the brand would be a serious contender on all markets and possibly introduce new fans to the brand, (myself included)

This was my original trail of thought, not saying off the bat that the first and only factor you consider before buying a car is the badge, but it plays a big part.

If someone gave me a couple hundred thou and told me to buy a car with the sole purpose of being a track car, then the LF-A is a serious contender, it's numbers and stats are impressive, so i understand the purpose of the car in terms of performance. However if i was buying a car for general driving/living with, then i would chose the European counterpart, only because car badges have become so much more of a branding tool in recent years, that even non-car enthusiasts know the stereotypes behind each badge. For the same reason i wouldn't buy the new FT-86 (if it's ever made) for the simple fact it's a Toyota

From a business point of view of selling a product in the market, would you rather have the Pagani or the Lexus?

Although i have to admit, if Lexus can break into the high price/performance market with the LF-A, then the brand would be a serious contender on all markets and possibly introduce new fans to the brand, (myself included)

You need closer to 400k (USD) to buy an LFA. If you're that serious about track days, then surely 20% of the price for a GTR would be the way to go. I'm betting $250k of after market tuning on a GTR would put it well ahead of an LFA in performance terms (for the same money).

Lexus (apparently) lose money on every LFA they sell... so from a business pov you'd have to give it to Pagani.