Is this actually happening?

Mariofan141

Yes it is happening, a spokesperson for SEGA have actually announced it, it won't be the same as the other Sonic emulated games on XBLA as this is going to be proper widescreen and in HD.

I can guess what 5 achievements would be already for this and those are the obviuos one for any Sonic game

I'm glad that they're finally putting this on XBLA... unfortunatley for me, they're only including the Japanese soundtrack. I grew up with the 1996 PC version of Sonic CD, so all my memories connected to Sonic CD include the US soundtrack (composed by Spencer Nilsen). Hopefully they'll obtain the rights in time for the release as I'd love an option to be able to select the desired soundtrack.

• 2 weeks later...

This is one of the few Sonic games I haven't gotten the True Ending for. Those Time Stone were pretty difficulty to obtain. If this game isn't an emulation as reported, there will be no game saves which will make this a pretty awesome challenge (assuming there's an achievement for it).

EDIT: I should clarify something. The original game (EDIT: on PC at least) DID have the ability to save your game either after each Act or Zone (can't remember). So yes you can reload a save to replay a level again for whatever reason (beating a certain Act in a certain time, going for Time Stone challenges, etc), you just shouldn't be able to save in progress.

Edited by Veedrock

This is one of the few Sonic games I haven't gotten the True Ending for. Those Time Stone were pretty difficulty to obtain. If this game isn't an emulation as reported, there will be no game saves which will make this a pretty awesome challenge (assuming there's an achievement for it).

+1

Those time stones were really difficult to obtain..

I hope there will be a save feature like STH1、2、3&K XD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm glad that they're finally putting this on XBLA... unfortunatley for me, they're only including the Japanese soundtrack. I grew up with the 1996 PC version of Sonic CD, so all my memories connected to Sonic CD include the US soundtrack (composed by Spencer Nilsen). Hopefully they'll obtain the rights in time for the release as I'd love an option to be able to select the desired soundtrack.

The Japanese soundtrack is awsome !! I really prefer this one !

But I understand your feeling =) Let's hope !

• 3 weeks later...
How did you get those (hard to obtain) time stones? Are they related to speed runs or just well hidden?

If I remeber correctly its the same as Sonic 1, where as you have to get 50 rings and then just through the giant ring at the end of the act, and then in the Special Stage you have to destroy a set amount of UFO's in a set time limit

If I remeber correctly its the same as Sonic 1, where as you have to get 50 rings and then just through the giant ring at the end of the act, and then in the Special Stage you have to destroy a set amount of UFO's in a set time limit

Yes, that's correct. From what I can remember when playing it on the PC when I was a kid, the bonus stages were rather difficult. I can't wait for this!!

All we have at the moment is that the OFFICIAL release is for Late 2011. However, SEGA mentioned that whilst Android get the game in November, the rest will be released in December. And of course, it's obviously going to be December sometime now because we're in December tomorrow lol. I really can't wait to play this fantastic game again - one of my favourite Sonic titles.