Raccoon City's Best Weapons?

As the title says, I'm wondering what the most effective weapons are? I'm looking at getting the Mob Special, mostly due to it costing so much, and am wondering if it is worth the price. I now know that price doesn't necessarily dictate the strength of a weapon because I bought the Ravager- the most expensive assault rifle- and I feel like it is less powerful than the standard assault rifle, even though the stats beg to differ.

Also, which handgun is more effective? The Lightning Hawk or Samarai's Edge?

Samurai's Edge beats LW. Case-in-point about price not necessarily meaning it's better. I'd say the Mob Special is worth it; that's what I'm saving up for now (having just bought the SE).

The Riot Gun is good as well, if you're looking for a shotgun.

that's about it

edge for pistol

MOB for machine gun

riot gun for shotgun

Samurai's Edge beats LW. Case-in-point about price not necessarily meaning it's better. I'd say the Mob Special is worth it; that's what I'm saving up for now (having just bought the SE).

The Riot Gun is good as well, if you're looking for a shotgun.

Question then for both you: What about those weapons makes them better? Is the Samurai more accurate, powerful, etc. than the Hawk? And what about the Riot Gun is better than say, The Juggernaut? And what about the Mob Special could be better than the Heavy Machinegun?

Question then for both you: What about those weapons makes them better? Is the Samurai more accurate, powerful, etc. than the Hawk? And what about the Riot Gun is better than say, The Juggernaut? And what about the Mob Special could be better than the Heavy Machinegun?

I can't answer the pistol one (as I've only used the LW when I picked it up, and own the SE) but for the shotguns;

The Juggernaut SOUNDS better in theory, but it just doesn't preform. It takes far too many shots to actually bring someone down, and you need to get even closer than the RG. The Riot Gun, on the other hand, requires you to time your shots, as it's pump-action. Once you get the hang of that though, you roll through people in CQC.

The MS beats the HM, because it has a higher R.O.F, and better accuracy. It's a bloody pain to try and connect with the HM.

As the title says, I'm wondering what the most effective weapons are? I'm looking at getting the Mob Special, mostly due to it costing so much, and am wondering if it is worth the price. I now know that price doesn't necessarily dictate the strength of a weapon because I bought the Ravager- the most expensive assault rifle- and I feel like it is less powerful than the standard assault rifle, even though the stats beg to differ.

Also, which handgun is more effective? The Lightning Hawk or Samarai's Edge?

Mob Special is behind a train car at the end of the game.

By Far The two best guns I've used are the Samurai Edge, It's Not about Damage... It's about the ammount of times you can inflict that damage. Basically the Samurai Edge isn't as powerfull as the Lightning Hawk but You can shoot more and faster with the Edge so you Ultimatly deal more damage.

Second, The Juggernaught is a Good shotgun but is Barely Usefull at Longer ranges, Try the Mob Special it's powerfull and fast at chopping down Zombie's The only Problem I've Encounterd is Ammo Consumption, it eats bullets Fast. If you have Spector he has a skill to reveal objects on the map so locating a ammo deposite is relitively easy. So you Verdict, Try the Mob Special and Samurai Edge and be ready to save up 50,000exp for them.

I bought both the Mob Special and Samurai's Edge and here is my verdict:

Samurai's Edge is a beast, I use it as my main weapon and really only switch to my primary when it runs out of ammo, there is a huge hoarde, or I'm fighting a B.O.W.

Mob Special is a good weapon, but certainly not worth 25,000xp. It really doesn't do anything that the other machine guns can't, aside from looking cool. Also as a poster above me said, due to its high rate of fire, it eats ammo like candy. It also isn't very effective at range, but I suppose if you had a full team that could cover you as you move closer to enemies, it would be deadly at close range.

• 3 months later...

I used to be a HUUUUUGE fan of the Juggernaut, it used to be all I ever used for my primary weapon. However, I think that its effectiveness was modified in a recent update, as the Juggernaut seems unable to take down anything well now, even zombies. A real shame, cause I like the fire rate of it. (The Grenade Launcher was modified down to 4 shots as well). So now I mainly use the Assault Shotgun. Slower fire rate and reload time but much more powerful. Great for zombie crowd control and killing Hunters. Will use it on multi against players if necessary, but I tend to find it too slow and short-range to be effective for that, unless I'm using someone like Willow to sneak up on people and blow their heads off lol.

Pistol-wise, I go with the Samurai Edge always. As far as the special weapons I loooove the flamethrower. Very effective. ;) Much more than the grenade launcher which is just a pain in the ass 8 out of 10 times.

• 2 months later...

I noticed many people prefered juggernaut or riot shotgun but assault shotgun is a way to go for professional. First two shotgun I mentioned usually take two shots at zombie 2-3 times. It take too much time to take them down while assault shotgun only take once and it's a beast. It's good for crowd control and take one hit kill. It helped a lot. Sometime when I'm in a critical situation with soldiers, I used assault shotgun and it will stun them then other player or I take an advantage for spare 1-2 seconds to kill them.

Juggernaut and riot shotgun is no-no.

Assault Shotgun and Samurai Edge Pistol is the best way for all enemies.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I lol at my last post almost a year ago @ assault shotgun

When it comes to MP shooters, for me, I do have a group of guns I prefer, but it ultimately comes down to my mood, what class, and the people playing.

Shotgun - Cowboy/Riot

M. Rifle - Hammer/Advanced SMG

Sniper - Anti-Material R. (for sniper glitching only)

Pistol - Samurai Edge