Is this game a prequel???

Dan aKa Lanky

The Resident Evil Universe bounces around...they tell you what happens in the future before they give you the present...then when they do give you the present, they take you on a wild ride somewhere else that happens the day before with someone else, and shows how they all tie in...so 5 could be what happens before Code Veronica...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
many of my mates and me think this may be a prequel, due to the fact that in Code Veronica X Chris Redfield dies. so how can he be in this one.

well resident evils usually have multiple endings so maybe u got one of the other endings and not the best ending

also im pretty sure that this is the farthest along in the resident evil series after doing some reading up on the game. still no zombies:(

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
It's a sequel... Steve Birkin Dies...not Chris.

That's the end of Code Veronica up there :S

not berkin, Burnside its Steve Burnside and who ever said chris died is an idiot. did they even play the game. stupid peole need to think before they write that kinda stuff.

Plus He may not be completley dead anyway wesker took steve at the end of veronica so he may come back.

• 1 month later...

Chris Redfield doesn't die at the end of Veronica, unless you are talking about the "Gun Survivor" version of Code Veronica in which I've never played, but I doubt Redfield dies in that and if he does; who cares? The Gun Survivor games are horrid side-missions to the real storyline of Resident Evil.

Spoiler:

The end of Code Veronica is the battle with Alexia and she dies from the linear launcher. The base is about to explode and you fight Wesker as it's happening. A bunch of pipes fall on Wesker and he's obviously weak to fire, so he leaves like a schoolgirl. Chris and Claire get into the jet and fly away before the base explodes. Don't forget the little mouse, too. You did know about him, right? :D

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Not a prequel.

Him dying in Code Veronica didn't happen. So many canon things say this after. The trailers for RE5 (with mention of several years after Raccoon City, and mentioning after RE4 with the Kennedy Reports). Even Degeneration says Chris is alive, along with hinting of the formation of BSAA.

RE games basically follow a linear progression, unlike, say, the DMC series.

You know, I would REALLY like to know where anybody got the idea that Chris dies in Code Veronica. Unless they died during gameplay and had an intelligence level low enough to believe their own gameplay was canon, there is absolutely no reason to think Chris dies.

Chris Redfield does NOT die in code veronica, its the other guy Steve I believe was his name, he had the golden pistols, so no I dont believe that 5 is a prequel.

By the Code Veronica was AWESOME