Need Help With ALLY Achievements? Post Here.

The Pants Party

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!

I get to Virmire and I have to choose either Kaiden or Ashley to go with the diversion team. I chose Kaiden. Then, I had to leave Ashley while going to save Kaiden. Then half way to Kaiden, I have to choose if I want to go back and save Ashley or continue to save Kaiden. I chose Ashley, but now... No more Kaiden... How do I continue on with getting the Sentinel achievement?

At that point in the game you have to choose which to let die, so if you need the Sentinel Achievement you need to save Kaiden at that point. Reload a save and do it again.

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At that point in the game you have to choose which to let die, so if you need the Sentinel Achievement you need to save Kaiden at that point. Reload a save and do it again.

Oh... That makes sense. So in other words, kill the one I want to keep first. I got it. Didn't even think about it...

I'm currently working on the Soldier/Sentinel ally achievements (Ashley/Kaiden) on my Hardcore run. The mission I have completed are:

Sidemissions

Citadel

Asari Consort

Xeltan Convinced

Reporter's Request

Jahleed Returns Materials

Scan the Keepers

Presidium Prophet

Rita's Sister is Safe

Signal Tracking

Homecoming

I Remember Me

The Fourth Estate

Doctor Michel is Safe

Family Matter

Planting a Bug

Asari Diplomacy

* The Fan & Schells the Gambler - I'm having trouble with those because I don't know where to look for Conrad Verner and I don't know how to complete the gambling mission without gaining Renegade points. And Wrex & Garrus' sidemissions haven't been completed either because I don't know who to bring whether I should split Ashley & Kaiden up or not because both Wrex & Garrus want to go on their respective missions.

UNC

Distress Call

Major Kyle

Privateers

Missing Survey Team

Hostage

Hostile Takeover

Rogue VI

Missing Marines

Cerberus

Hades' Dogs

* Valuable Minerals, Locate Signs of battle, Asari Writings, Turian Insignias, & Prothean Data Disks have not been completed because those require finding artifacts and whatnot.

Story Related Missions

Prologue: Find the Beacon

Citadel: Expose Saren

Citadel: Garrus

Citadel: Wrex

Find Liara T'Soni

Besides the finding artifacts missions and Wrex/Garrus' sidemissions, I have no other current sidemissions. My options are to go to either Noveria or Feros. Here's another question I have: If I go to Noveria, that's the mission where you find Liara's mother and Kaiden proposed that we bring Liara along or atleast go tell her. Should I take Liara for the mission and if I do, will that mess up my current progress with my ally achievements??!

I'm currently online right now. My gamertag is kingdook24 and I'll be online all day. If anyone can help me, I would sincerely appreciate it.

Take Kaiden and Ashley to every mission and forget about who wants to go. It will help in the long run. For the gambler mission just hand the device to the Volus bar owner at the back of the machines for Paragon. Conrad only gives you new dialogue after each plot world. I would do Noveria then Feros but make sure that you go to Virmire last. You want to save before Virmire and make sure you get it to pop during that mission for those 2. Don't know if you have beaten the game before so I don't want to say anything more specific.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Playing with Kaiden from the very beginning and Tali as soon as I could, this is what I needed to unlock their respective ally achievements:

Kaiden: 16 primary quests, 30 assignments

Tali: 16 primary quests, 32 assignments

I completed Feros, Noveria, Virmire, and returned to the citadel for the lockdown. During the lockdown I completed the gambler, negotiator, and Terra Firma assignments to unlock both achievements.

I now have all of the Ally achievements and am sitting at 910/1050. Not sure I have the desire to go back and hit level 60 or beat the game on Hardcore or Insanity though.

• 1 month later...

JOJO, if you have a Level 50+ character, beating the game on Insanity is a cake walk. I did my first playthrough on Normal with Tali/Garrus mostly, soldier. Then went to get the Level 60 player on the next one and ended up finishing about 100,000 short. So i did a third speed run playthrough and just blew through it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just finished my Insanity playthrough and it was a piece of cake - it just took longer to kill things. I ran through with a Level 60 Soldier, fully kitted out with Heavy Colossus X armor, Spectre X weapons, etc. Definitely made it easier.

I went for (and got) Asari and Soldier Ally on this playthrough. I can't remember when I got Soldier, because I didn't care. She was early enough that it wouldn't matter, especially since I was after Asari.

Asari popped for me halfway through Feros (when I stopped at the camp halfway up the sky bridge on the way to the main building) during a random conversation.

Feros was the last of the first three planets that I went to (I went and got Liara, then did Noveria, then Feros).

The assignments that I'd completed were:

UNC: Asari Diplomacy

UNC: Cerberus

UNC: Dead Scientists

UNC: Depot Sigma-23

UNC: Distress Call

UNC: Espionage Probe

UNC: Hade's Dogs

UNC: Hostage

UNC: Hostile Takeover

UNC: Listening Post Alpha

UNC: Listening Post Theta

UNC: Lost Module

UNC: Lost Freighter

UNC: Major Kyle

UNC: Missing Marines

UNC: Missing Survey Team

UNC: Privateers

UNC: Rogue IV

Citadel: Asari Conort

Citadel: Dr. Michel (Dr Michel is Safe)

Citadel: Family Matter

Citadel: Homecoming

Citadel: Jahleed and Chorban

Citadel: Old Friends

Citadel: Planting a Bug

Citadel: Presidium Prophet

Citadel: Reporter's Request

Citadel: Rita's Sister

Citadel: Scan the Keepers

Citadel: Schell's Scanner

Citadel: Signal Tracking

Citadel: The Fourth Estate

Citadel: Xeltan Convinced

Feros: Data Recovery

Feros: Geth in the Tunnels

Feros: Power Cells

Feros: Varren Meat

Feros: Water Restoration

Noveria: Espionage

Noveria: Smuggling

Garrus's mission (Dr. Saleon)

X57: Avoid the Blasting Caps

X57: Bring Down the Sky

X57: Missing Engineers

Given how early it popped for me, I think that the DLC missions really had a big impact on it. Hope that helps someone. :)

Didn't see this thread so posting here as well :)

Started this game after owning it for too long, but kinda shot myself in the foot with these achievements...

I'm going for the Krogan and Quarian Ally Achievements, and have had them in my party for every mission and assignment. Only problem is, I started some of the citadel missions too late and cannot return to complete two of them. Does this mean I cannot get the achievements? Or, will it be ok to complete more side quests? I still have the Lios missions and Pinnacle DLC to start so hoping this helps...

Another thing, my Noveria: Espionage assignment is not in the journal :s Any idea if this disappears when it's complete or where I go to get it?

Edit: Right, just completed all the Pinnacle Station missions and after finishing Ahern's special mission both the Krogan and Quarian Ally cheevos unlocked as well as the Undisputed DLC achievement. Pretty strange they unlocked at the same time because I thought Quarian required 45 and Korgan required 40 assignments, but oh well. Hopefully this'll help some other people.

Edited by The60ftOctopus

• 2 weeks later...

I had major panic with the Asari Ally achievement so I hope this can help someone.

I had done the bare minimum before getting the Asari. These are missions, not assignments.

Prologue: Find the Beacon

Citadel: Expose Saren

Citadel: Garrus

Citadel: Wrex

Find Liara T'Soni

I didn't talk to anyone, so no codec entries, anything, just in case it activated an asignment. Once I got her, I used her and Garrus (for the Turian Ally) non-stop. I hadn't used him before so they were both fresh, so to speak. I got the Turian Ally achievement after doing all sidequests I could before going to . I didn't do any collection missions and I accidentally killed some of the colonists on Feros, disabling 3 of the sidequests. I then went to Virmire, hoping that the few sidequests there would put me over the edge. It didn't. I hadn't lost all hope though, I still had 2 missions in the Citadel lockdown to do, I did them; no achievement. I nearly died. So I bought both DLC, after that I got it. The DLC have an extra 6 assignments (if you do them properly) so get them if you are stuck for assignments. I hope this helps anyone.

My first playthrough, I played with Ashley and Kaidan on my team. Yes, it is possible to get theyr achievements before heading to Virmire. I did every quest I had besides the collection quests, unlocking when I got my Completionist talking to Opold in Noveria. I missed 4-5 quests and missed 1 or 2 main quests with Garrus replacing Kaidan, still knocking both ally achievements in the same quest.

Got my first two ally achievements, soldier and asari. The soldier one unlocked after some unc assignment i believe, together with the completionist achievement. I had only done noveria up to aquiring the pass from lorik qui'in. So that one unlocked really early.

Eventually i finished ferros and continued with noveria, where the asari achievement unlocked after i made a cure at the lab and gave it to the doctor. I had completed 13 missions and 50 assignments at that point.

So of course I was really surprised to see the asari achievment pop up, especially after reading all the horror stories. It may not be noteworthy, but I had finished all collection assignments, apart from the medallions one (signs of battle). I tried to find as many collection items on foot and made sure I finshed the assignments on foot (planning needed).

Hope the info helps someone.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree. These achievements aren't particularly hard. You just need a strategy i got them all in 4 play throughs because the first play through I didn't do any side missions. Here is what I did and highly recommend cause it makes them all very easy including the asari achievement which btw was one of the first I got.

First google "mass effect walkthrough ign" into goodle click on ign's guide of it.

go to the side missions section and copy and paste all of them into a document.

Now the rest is easy, playthrough the game till you have reached the citadel and gotten all the main characters, make sure not to do any side quests!!! once you have all of them go get liara. If u don't know how 2 do that just look her up in the walkthrough. once you have all the characters never switch them out. period.

Plan of attack---> start at the citadel and do all the side missions there. (i like doing the scaning the keepers first to get it out of the way). Then go on to do every single space side mission with the exception of the collections one. If you have the dlc, do those first cause they help significantly. In order to not get confused on which missions i had or hadn't done i deleted them from the list on my document as i went. So i did those till then unlocked then did the story from there.

If your getting bored you can do feros or somthing, remember too that the story missions have side missions in them as well. getting them makes it yet again easier. I got liara before i even went to virmire. If you have questions you can just message me.

I have used Wrex and Liara since the very beginning, no one else as soon as I got them. I have done every single assignment I could get, and done Noveria/Feros. Also did Bring Down the Sky, and a Pinnacle Station 1st place. I just did the scanning of the slot machines and then got Krogan Ally. No Asari yet, but I heard she takes a few more. Hopefully I'll get her by Virmire. Nothing else to do, I think I'm off to Virmire.