Dig is IMPOSSIBLE.

BadWolfTommie

I don't care if you have it, I don't care if there are guides...this achievement is IMPOSSIBLE.

...maybe not...but seriously, I can't do it. My patience is gone. I've been trying for months and months to clear a screen and get this achievement, and I just cannot do it. The longer I last, the faster the enemies get, and they eventually get me.

How? Howwwwww?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I played for several hours and got too frustrated and had to put the game down, a couple days later i picked it up and decided to try again, with a much calmer head I was able to do it in just a couple of tries with ease. The trick is to get the enemies to go up a path that gives you enough time to get rid of a row.

• 2 months later...

This is so weird! Okay, so I was looking at a forum for another game in the "D" category... and I spotted "Dig Dug" (a game I finished YEARS ago... 2008), and I remembered that many of my friends (including a few who like to complete ALL games) did not have the "Dig" achievement.

I was surprised that SO MANY PEOPLE are having trouble with this achievement! Seriously... I got it on maybe my third or fourth try. The first time, I cleared the entire screen where I can "dig" but didn't think about "digging" that top row (above ground) - no achievement. I looked on a forum (different web site... didn't know about this one at the time), and read that you needed to dig the very top area of the game... so after a couple more tries, I did that... kept playing the game, and when I lost my last life... the achievement popped. It IS the second achievement I unlocked in the game!

I think I played the game off and on since it came out for the 360, and didn't finish the other achievements until sometime in 2008. I never realized that so many people were having such a problem with that "Dig" achievement!

As long as you have 2 enemies left on the screen... they don't leave, and the level keeps going. I would just "pump-up" the enemies periodically, and keep digging all the areas you can walk-over, and then I killed [at least] one of the enemies. I don't remember if I had time to kill both, but then again... it's super easy to get both, if you inflate one partially, then blow-up the second one... then blow-up the first one before he deflates.

I almost feel like playing it again with my testing account... just to see if it's still just as easy as it was 6 or 7 years ago! Just keep pumping-up the enemies to keep them at bay (and don't "pop" them)... and it should give you enough freedom to clear the entire screen!! Memorize the most you can inflate them without popping them, and you should be okay (don't leave "fire-breathers" alive for your last 2 enemies... too dangerous)!

Maybe the game is easier for me... because I played it when it was originally in the arcades?!! ;)

It takes some practice but it really isn't that hard to dig the entire level once you figure out a pattern and learn how to quickly turn and pump up the enemies a bit.

The problem for me came from the fact that the achievement is glitchy so I ended up have to dig the entire level many times for the achievement to unlock.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...