Spoiler - Airport Mission - Read If You're Confused!!!

On this forum there is a post which claims the Airport Mission is itself, an epic fail. The point of that thread is that it's not realistic as the Airport which is attacked has Security Cameras and therefore would know that it was a Russian that was in charge of the attack, not America. Okay, this is a good point, well it's a good point for someone who is completely obvlivious to the point of the whole damn mission!

I'll explain, very simply, why this mission is not an epic fail, it is infact just an epic mission, one of the best in any shooting game, not for action or high intensity shootouts, but for the general plot and sinister twists that the mission takes.

In this mission you play as Private Class Joseph Allan. An AMERICAN who is UNDERCOVER. He is working for Makarov in an attempt to bring him down. In the mission you are with Makarov and another two Russians. At the start of the mission, the dialougue clearly shows Makarov telling everybody " Remember, No Russian ".

The reason for Makarov telling them not to speak Russian, is....BINGO! So NOBODY knows that the mastermind behind the attack, is Russian. Throughout the mission none of the terrorists speak one word of Russian, and any communication is in English. So 4 guys going through a Russian Airport shooting absolutely everyone speaking in English, who would honestly suspect that they were Russian?

Somebody said, "Surely they can tell, I mean they looked Russian, the security cameras would have seen that". Wrong. You are going by probably what you base as a Russian Stereotype, and they are very rarely correct, for example I am Scottish, yet i have blonde hair and am currently sober and not drinking whisky or eating haggis. You get my point?

Finally, at the end of the mission, Makarov shoots Private Allan. Why? Because he's a damn smart bastard that's why. He was one step ahead of the Americans and knew that Allan was a spy. Being a genius, he managed to think of a plan to get rid of any evidence of the terrorists being Russians, and make the whole of Russia think Americans did this. The solution, Kill Allan. This meant that when they found Allan, and found out he was American, then commence WW3.

I hope this clears any confusion up.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad the overwhelming power of words combined by the lack of things I have to do right now can ease your mind in order for you to get a well deserved shut eye.

Only joking, it was just getting annoying everyone saying how shit and unrealistic this mission was when it's quite clearly amazing.

But considering where the bullet wound was and where the body was found, wouldn't it be obvious that one of their own shot the man? I mean, that would throw up huge red flags in any investigation, right?

Or are Russian investigators retarded?

This could be seen as the typical evil villain leaving his own man behind. You see that plenty of times in movies and in cartoons. If one of their own men is considered dead weight then they just leave that person behind. Plus they were being rushed from the front so the investigators could have assumed that he was hit during the firefight and then left behind due to him being dead weight (no pun intended).

THe original poster is absolutely retarded!!! THE STORY OF THE GAME IS STILL COMPLETELY ILLOGICAL. Let me put it to you all this way. World War 3 would not start just because one American "terrorist" went on a killing spree in a Russian airport. That is ridiculous!!! One extremist terrorist could never cause a world war just because the victims' home country can identify the terrorist's nationality. If a Chinese terrorist went to an AMerican airport and did the same thing, the last thing that would happen would be the U.S. declaring war and invading CHina. BUt in the game, that is exactly what the story is inferring. The same goes for any other example along the same lines.

A country would never start a world war and invade another country just because a terrorist from that country had killed hundreds of people. COmpletely absurd!!

The only way this game could have a plausible story would have been if Makarov could have made the American "terrorist" look like he had been backed by the U.S. government itself. That's the only kind of incriminating evidence strong enough for RUssia to declare war on us over an "american" terrorist attack.

Edited by Bruce14

Furthermore, I would like to refute the aspect of how the RUSSIAN TERRORISTS didn't speak any RUssian to "fool" Russia into thinking they were AMerican. IT doesn't fucking matter if their facial features and language aren't overtly Russian-like. Bottom line is if the U.S. had a double agent working in their terrorist organization than they would be able to notify Russia about the terrorists' identities. BINGO!!!

COME ON!! How could you be so accepting of everything. THINK!!! Modern day governments have intelligence agencies that keep track of Real life terrorist organizations and their members. This applies to Russia just as much as it does to the United States' CIA.

You guys are absolute dumbasses if you are going to tell me RUssia wouldn't have any intelligence on RUSSIAN TERRORISTS. In the REAL WORLD, governments like the U.S., Great Britian, Russia, China, etc are aware of any domestic terrorists. THats why real life terrorist attacks such as the recent Mumbai AIRPOT ATTACK happen in third world countries where they lack the intelligence agencies of countries like the U.S. and Russia.

In Conclusion, I have clearly made my point. Modern Warfare 2 is a great game imo but that doesn't give you all the right to be fanboys and say the crazy ass story is realistic because its not. Even the first one's multiple usage of nuclear weapons was unrealistic just because its so and i mean SOOO unlikely

Edited by Bruce14

I thought he said "No Rush" as in "take it slow". What does "No Russian" have anything to do with the attack, other than the mission title? I don't understand how what telling someone "no russian" is supposed to mean.

mm nvm the guy above me brought up the language thing. I still thought he said "No Rush" though

On this forum there is a post which claims the Airport Mission is itself, an epic fail. The point of that thread is that it's not realistic as the Airport which is attacked has Security Cameras and therefore would know that it was a Russian that was in charge of the attack, not America. Okay, this is a good point, well it's a good point for someone who is completely obvlivious to the point of the whole damn mission!

I'll explain, very simply, why this mission is not an epic fail, it is infact just an epic mission, one of the best in any shooting game, not for action or high intensity shootouts, but for the general plot and sinister twists that the mission takes.

In this mission you play as Private Class Joseph Allan. An AMERICAN who is UNDERCOVER. He is working for Makarov in an attempt to bring him down. In the mission you are with Makarov and another two Russians. At the start of the mission, the dialougue clearly shows Makarov telling everybody " Remember, No Russian ".

The reason for Makarov telling them not to speak Russian, is....BINGO! So NOBODY knows that the mastermind behind the attack, is Russian. Throughout the mission none of the terrorists speak one word of Russian, and any communication is in English. So 4 guys going through a Russian Airport shooting absolutely everyone speaking in English, who would honestly suspect that they were Russian?

Somebody said, "Surely they can tell, I mean they looked Russian, the security cameras would have seen that". Wrong. You are going by probably what you base as a Russian Stereotype, and they are very rarely correct, for example I am Scottish, yet i have blonde hair and am currently sober and not drinking whisky or eating haggis. You get my point?

Finally, at the end of the mission, Makarov shoots Private Allan. Why? Because he's a damn smart bastard that's why. He was one step ahead of the Americans and knew that Allan was a spy. Being a genius, he managed to think of a plan to get rid of any evidence of the terrorists being Russians, and make the whole of Russia think Americans did this. The solution, Kill Allan. This meant that when they found Allan, and found out he was American, then commence WW3.

I hope this clears any confusion up.

Dont get me wrong. I like the mission but the security cameras would show Makarov . He is a high profiled guy and he isn't even wearing a mask or anything to disguise himself. Surely Russian intel would know what he looks like, if they didn't the CIA or MI8 could send him them their intel. That doesnt bother me that much though. What confuses me the most is why not just shoot Makarov in the airport shooting? He is already a target for the west. That is why they put you undercover with him. I accidently shot him several times in the mission , he tells me to quit the friendly fire. lol

Again , don't get me wrong I love that mission but why didnt they just wear mask or something. Atleast Makarov. All in all it isn't that big of deal to me. Still a cool mission to a bad ass game.

THe original poster is absolutely retarded!!! THE STORY OF THE GAME IS STILL COMPLETELY ILLOGICAL. Let me put it to you all this way. World War 3 would not start just because one American "terrorist" went on a killing spree in a Russian airport. That is ridiculous!!! One extremist terrorist could never cause a world war just because the victims' home country can identify the terrorist's nationality. If a Chinese terrorist went to an AMerican airport and did the same thing, the last thing that would happen would be the U.S. declaring war and invading CHina. BUt in the game, that is exactly what the story is inferring. The same goes for any other example along the same lines.

A country would never start a world war and invade another country just because a terrorist from that country had killed hundreds of people. COmpletely absurd!!

The only way this game could have a plausible story would have been if Makarov could have made the American "terrorist" look like he had been backed by the U.S. government itself. That's the only kind of incriminating evidence strong enough for RUssia to declare war on us over an "american" terrorist attack.

My friend if you are going to share your ideals with the community you should never begin by insulting someone's opinion with a slanderous quote; all credibility your post may have had is lost.

Yes, the story may have a few extreme scenarios in it's plot that may seem a bit absurd to some, but for you to call the story far fetched is in fact the absurdity. Don't get me wrong, I respect your opinion, but there are some facts that you have neglected to compare to the story.

True, WWIII may not result over a simple terrorist attack, however the act of terrorism is to create conflict. So assuming for a second Makarov had the camera system destroyed, and Russia now thinks an American terrorist is responsible, the Russian public will be quick to rally under their flag. Don't believe me? Take the events that occurred on September 11, eight years later and there is still a terrible stigma associated with that certain ethnic group within our Country. Also do you remember the events that followed? Where did our troops go? Where are our troops now?

So with that said, your prior statement "A country would never start a world war and invade another country just because a terrorist from that country had killed hundreds of people. COmpletely absurd!!" seems a little less credible than you originally thought. Just something to think about my friend.

I think all of this could have been avoided if they had told us the Russian leadership was a mad dictator who was just itching for an excuse to invade America. Hell, I think it would have been cool if Makarov was actually working for the Russian government to accomplish this goal.

There are clearly a lot of people on these forums who don't keep up with current events. As I said in the other thread, if this exact same scenario happened in Iran tomorrow you can bet your ass that the guy in charge over there(honestly, I can't spell his name and I don't really feel like looking it up) would be doing his best to start a war with us. As it stands right now I don't think Iran has the capability to invade our shores, but a larger country such as Russia or China certainly would be able to given the right amount of crazy in charge.

Oh and as for "A country would never start a world war and invade another country just because a terrorist from that country had killed hundreds of people. Completely absurd!!"? I really hope that was meant to be some lame ass attempt at sarcasm, because otherwise it invalidates any other point you may have had in your post. That's not meant to be a flame or an insult, just an honest assesment. Osama bin Laden was not even an official Afghanistani government employee and we went to war over his actions. The guy in the game was an American CIA agent. It really doesn't even matter if he was working undercover at the time, an official American government agent walked into an airport with an assault rifle and gunned down dozens of innocent civilians and law enforcement officials. That alone could be seen as an act of war.

Lets just face it. MW2 has a crap story compaired to the first one. Its no where near as interesting, detailed or realistic. THe whole russia invading thing is just dumb, russias military is in even worse shape than ours, they dont have the money to spend on it like we do. I will admit im not done with the SP yet, having only bought the game today, but so far I am disappointed in it. Kinda wishing I would have just rented this one.

You guys are all comparing the in-game Russia to the real world Russia. This isn't a Tom Clancy game where he takes the current state of the world and tries to make an educated guess about how the future might go if certain events happened. This story, like most all games, books, movies, etc. requires a certain amount of suspension of disbelief. The game is a work of fiction, and as such, by definition, anything is possible.

And also, the Taliban in Afghanistan is using the same busted up weapons they used against Russia in the 70's and we've been there for 8 years fighting them, so superior technology doesn't always mean a swift and certain victory.

Lets just face it. MW2 has a crap story compaired to the first one. Its no where near as interesting, detailed or realistic. THe whole russia invading thing is just dumb, russias military is in even worse shape than ours, they dont have the money to spend on it like we do. I will admit im not done with the SP yet, having only bought the game today, but so far I am disappointed in it. Kinda wishing I would have just rented this one.

ok i didnt want to get involved with this but that sentence made me post, we are $12 trillion in debt we do not have money to spend -.-

Lets not forget the ultra-nationalists rose to power and Zakhaev is a hero in the new Russia. They would only need something like that to invade. Furthermore it would have been possible to claim that America as a nation attacked Russia as Allan was a soldier. It may seem farfetched but any government can spin a story like that. I don't think the scenario is farfecthed if you consider that the ultra-nationalists are in power.

Edited by bloodswan

To the guy who said that a government wouldn't go to war over a terrorist attack, you are seriously forgetting 9/11. Hell, we are in TWO wars because of that. Also, people are forgetting that this game is set in the future. CoD4 was supposed to be 2011 and MW2 is 5 years later. Plus a large country like Russia (while still recovering from the Ultra-Nationalist regime) has the balls to invade the U.S.

On a side note, why does this thread exist? Shouldn't it have been posted in the thread mentioned by the OP?

you sir, are an idiot. The airport terrorist attack that was staged to make it look like america did it was just the push over the line for the russians, and is designed like that. If you watch the start it says how the Russians hate the americans and shit because of what happened with Zakaehev (idk spelling) from the first game. He was named as a hero in russia, and America (as the russians saw it) had killed him and taken out alot of russians in the process.

This started a potential war, and the terrorism that looked like it was america's fault pushed it over the limit.

The game is a carry on from Modern Warfare, it does NOT just have its own story line for a terrorist attack that leads to WW3.