Fable2.com AND Lionhead's page Not Working

BlinkerBoy

Before you say anything, I have read at least 20 different FAQs and forum posts on various sites and forums, and yes I have searched and read all similar topics on this forum.

It's been six days now since I bought Fable 2, and I want to complete it 100%.

Six days since I logged into Xbox.com and signed up with a Lionhead account using my Live ID and password.

Six days since I visited that damn page that tells me I unlocked everything and that it should be in that chest.

Six freakin' days.

And everyday since, I repeat the process at least 3 times a day:

- I save and quit my game, I've done it right next to the guild chest and outside by the lake.

- I exit to dashboard, and log out. (I've even tried it staying logged in).

- I go to Xbox.com and sign in . (I've even tried it skipping this step).

- I go to http://lionhead.com/Fable/FableII/Experience.aspx and sign in using the Windows Live "Sign in" button (When I first visited, it asked me to create an account. It had already pre-filled in the box for the email address with the one I use for Windows Live and Xbox Live. I just had to pick an account name and password, both which matched my Gamertag and Live password, respectively).

- I then see the "Congratulations, you've received all the extra items! Please collect them from the chest in your Fable II game" screen, and then I turn my Xbox back on and load up Fable 2, and it still tells me to visit Fable2.com in order to unlock the items.

I know I need the items in the Guild Cave chest for completion, but for the love of Christ IT WILL NOT OPEN. Any help please? Other than the same stuff I've seen, or is it a lost cause? Am I screwed?

Also, I know I can just trade and attain items from others online, but I would really, REALLY like to not take that route. I'm more of an on-my-own kinda guy. Plus the co-op in this game blows hard.

So if a kind soul would explain what is going on here, I'd greatly appreciate it. I've read of plenty of cases where the chest opens instantly for some people, and others say it could take 1-3 days MAX. I'm heading on my seventh day, so I'm assuming I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance,

-BlinkerBoy

Strange that you say that, as posts not even a month old have people confirming that they received it from the Lionhead webpage.

Maybe you should read more carefully.

So I guess that's it then? No one else having problems? Oh well, thanks for all the help.

No, everyone as having the problem the website hasnt worked now for a very long time just as rekikire said. Lionhead studios isnt supporting this anymore.

When it was working the stuff would be transferred to chest immediately. If your having to wait for days then your not getting the items.

Edited by Foxxy kyle

I just got this to work. I went to lionhead studios site and signed up with them and got a message that i got all the items, while the game was on and staring at the chest. But when i checked the chest it wouldn't open. So i checked and made sure i was logged into hotmail then did the lionhead thing again, and again the same message no chest though. then i exited out to the dashboard loaded the game again and it opened!!!!!

I have done like BlinkerBoy any and all steps to make this try and work to no avail. I just tried the suggestion by vueduebabe as well, and had no luck.

Just wanted to pass along the info.

(P.S. - I have also heard that you have to start a new game to find the items, is this true?)

I can't get the crate to work no matter what combination of logging on to xbox.com, lion head or xbox live either.

BUSTED I proclaim! If they knew they were pulling support for Fable2.com why didn't they release an "unlock chest patch" instead of making an entirely different web page that doesn't work for the vast majority of people.

• 3 weeks later...

I just recently had this issue also (Pretty much the same day this was posted I came on here looking for help). I tried all the same things mentioned in here for 4-5 days, then gave up. and kept on playing the game.

I turned my 360 on and played some Fable 2 after 2 weeks or so, and ended up in the Guild Cave after the Tattered Spire, and guess what? BOOM! The chest opened for me, and I got my chicken suit and hero doll, among the other things it shot out for me.

All I can say is patience sometimes pays off. LOL. Not sure if it matters either, but I had actually started a new game about a month ago after not playing for 2 years.

• 3 weeks later...

I know this will really suck to hear cause I was in your boat for a long time but it did just work for me. I bought this game thru pre-ordering then played and played never thinking of opening the chest for some stupid reason until they took the site down. Some time later I found out that they had opened and closed the site again without me having gotten it. Pissed off wouldn't have even begun to address how I felt about finishing this shit. I tried all the tips people have offered for well over a year. Today it occurred to me to check it out since Fable 3 was apart of that bundle pack and lo and behold it said I had to just go and get it. Didn't work though. But just a minute ago it did. Lionshead studios may make some games that are bad ass and also make you want to feed the discs to a shredder. I originally was in another save game when I opened the site, didn't work, went to my original (and most progressed), didn't work, signed in and out of Live while signing in xbox.com and lionshead and while they were both logged in I logged back into Fable and it opened right up. I'm sure you're thinking you did all this shit before but I thought throwing this out there right now might give you another option. Good luck with it all. If you get really fed up suck up your pride (I was on the verge if this didn't work for me after two-three years) and I'll help you out.

I know this will really suck to hear cause I was in your boat for a long time but it did just work for me. I bought this game thru pre-ordering then played and played never thinking of opening the chest for some stupid reason until they took the site down. Some time later I found out that they had opened and closed the site again without me having gotten it. Pissed off wouldn't have even begun to address how I felt about finishing this shit. I tried all the tips people have offered for well over a year. Today it occurred to me to check it out since Fable 3 was apart of that bundle pack and lo and behold it said I had to just go and get it. Didn't work though. But just a minute ago it did. Lionshead studios may make some games that are bad ass and also make you want to feed the discs to a shredder. I originally was in another save game when I opened the site, didn't work, went to my original (and most progressed), didn't work, signed in and out of Live while signing in xbox.com and lionshead and while they were both logged in I logged back into Fable and it opened right up. I'm sure you're thinking you did all this shit before but I thought throwing this out there right now might give you another option. Good luck with it all. If you get really fed up suck up your pride (I was on the verge if this didn't work for me after two-three years) and I'll help you out.

ITS F***ing Work,

Just:

1. Stay on Xbox Dashboard

2. Enter lionheart webpage

3. Sign out

4. Sign in

5. Click on http://lionhead.com/Fable/FableII/Experience.aspx

6. Play Fable 2

7. Load game

8. Open chest and enjoy :woop:

Just done few minutes ago.

Thank You bbird0407 for the tip.

• 3 weeks later...
ITS F***ing Work,

Just:

1. Stay on Xbox Dashboard

2. Enter lionheart webpage

3. Sign out

4. Sign in

5. Click on http://lionhead.com/Fable/FableII/Experience.aspx

6. Play Fable 2

7. Load game

8. Open chest and enjoy :woop:

Just done few minutes ago.

Thank You bbird0407 for the tip.

I just tried this and it actually worked! I now have 100% completion in Fable 2 :)

• 10 months later...