Exceptional Weapons Easter Egg (names)

xkin87x

I just wanted to start a post with people sharing the exceptional weapons they have located and their names and if possible what the weapon references (in my experience they all are homage to something).

1) A one handed hammer named "Ban" - Ban Hammer- Internet jargon for A metaphorical weapon used by moderators to ban a user.

2) A two handed giant wrench named "Italian Plumber" - Super Mario Bros.- If you don't get the reference here I can't help you, you shouldn't even be playing video games :)

3) A two handed sword named "Zeds Demise"- Pulp Fiction- In the movie "Pulp Fiction" a man by the name of Zed is slashed and stabbed with a two handed sword leading to his demise.

I honestly laughed, out loud, at these three weapons names. Any and all others that are found would be appreciated and probably also laughed at.

I haven't payed that much attention as mine as usually low level brass knuckles for the orange items.

Where did you find the ban hammer? I want it!

I found the ban hammer at the end of the game (about 94% complete) in a weapons case. When I saw the name I said "I don't get it..." then I saw it was a hammer and started rolling.

I also found the Italian Plumber, I got Zed's Demise through a quest too. Also found a small dagger called Assassin's Greed. I don't like using the exceptional weapons cause most are garbage but I keep looking for them even though I have Rootin' Tootin' Lootin' just to see if I get some cool names :] Love all the easter eggs in the game. I knew the writing on the walls in some rooms would be there like in L4D but my favorite was the "don't open, dead inside" in Mugambe's side mission.

Found the hammer named M.C.

Want this as well, we need to set up a rare weapons duping thread

I'll have to check mine later but I think the best I have is the Viking of the south. Kinda wish I woulda paid more attention to the names of all the crappy brass knuckles

Also found a small dagger called Assassin's Greed. I don't like using the exceptional weapons cause most are garbage but

If they are lower level than you they aren't always good, but at high levels (50) and fully upgraded I think the can be pretty awesome, from what I've heard

Edited by ofay

I haven't got the ban hammer yet, but I did get the other two. I also found an exception rifle... but i couldn't pick it up because I wasn't high enough.

-_-

Wait what? You know that your level doesn't affect what you can pick up at all right? You just can't equip it. As long as there's room in your inventory, just pick it up and save it til you level up!

On topic: basically all of the "exceptional" (orange) weapons I've looted have been pretty poorly named - "Hatchet"... "Wrench".... not very exceptional. I had Gabriel's Sledgehammer from the side quest in Act II, but it was worse than most weapons I was already using, plus it was two-handed, so I just sold it.