How is this compared to GUN?

wwwGODcom

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Visually and stylistically, it reminds me a lot of Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath. I half expected to see something from that game pop on to my screen at any moment.

Anyway...

Visuals and Audio are better than GUN. Though GUN had a stellar voice cast. And the character animations in CoJ are awkward and terrible, which makes it obvious that they didn't bother using mo-cap for anything. Which is pretty inexcusable for the current generation of games. I've also noticed that adjusting the in-game brightness on the darker levels just washes out the color instead of making it easier to see. So again, it's obvious that they used darkness not for atmosphere, but as a shitty tool to make the game harder than it would've been. And that sucks.

Not looking forward to going for those online achievements, either. When the hell are developers going to learn that the gaming population in general hates them?

Overall, GUN was a more enjoyable experience. But that had largely to do with the more "arcadey" type of gameplay. This game just takes itself a little too seriously for some reason.

Not a bad game. Not great, either. But good enough to where I'm interested to see how Bound in Blood turns out.

• 1 month later...

I rented this game, I already despise it after seeing the horrible gfx very start of it your on some cheesy looking gatling gun shooting at basically looks like shadows.

Im going to go back to the store tomorrow and tell them it was a horrible game and id like to get my money back or least get different game cause this blows.

• 2 weeks later...