14 Year Old Boy Trapped in a Woman's Body

Summer

At least that’s what my friends always tell me. I collect action figures. My diet consists mostly of Coke & Flaming Hot Cheetos. I play paintball (or at least I did until I tore my ACL during a one-on-one match.). I love gaming, and I’m female.

I figured I might as well introduce myself seeing as how I’ve stopped lurking and stepped into the forums. It looks like I’m yet another of the influx of gamer chix joining the site lately, which is pretty cool since I don't feel like SUCH a freak now.

I guess I’ve always been somewhat of a gamer- my parents got Pong when it came out, but I wasn’t allowed to touch it because I was too young. The Forbidden Fruit of Pong probably has a lot to do with my current love of gaming. I wonder what Freud would have to say about that? Throughout my childhood we always had some console in my house: Atari, Intellivision, Colecovision, NES. But as I got a into my early teens, gaming kinda fell by the wayside.

Everything changed when Resident Evil came out. I sat at my boyfriend’s house & played that game night & day for weeks. I ate, slept & dreamt of Resident Evil. Then Tomb Raider was released and I finally bought my very own PS1. For the next few years, the only games I ever played were the Resident Evil & Tomb Raider series. After awhile, the series’ started to get old & stale & not nearly as fun as the originals, so I pretty much stopped gaming.

Then last year, my brother bought a Wii & I was kinda “Meh. Not really interested.” Until I found out that there was a Resident Evil for the Wii. I figured I might as well at least check it out. Of course, as anyone who’s played RE4 knows, I was hooked immediately. It was back to being like the original! Yay! I must have played that game 100 times. I played every mini-game. I played through again with each new weapon. I played every mini-game with each new weapon. I played through again just to play through again - I played through again for just about any & every reason. I played just biding my time until Tomb Raider Underworld was released. I figured if RE4 was such a blast on the Wii, Tomb Raider would be too. Wow, was I wrong. TR for Wii was HORRIBLE. The whole time I was playing it kept feeling like things were missing: levels, items, pieces of the story. I finally went online to see if it was just me or if other people were as seriously disappointed as I was. That’s when I found out that the Wii version was, in fact, a chopped up watered-down version. So I immediately went out & bought an Xbox. I was still so disgusted with Wii’s Tomb Raider, that I refused to buy it again for Xbox, so I got Assassin’s Creed instead.

I was floored by the difference in graphics & gameplay. It was just such a gorgeous game that I was quickly immersed in Altair’s world. I started noticing these little bleeps & green boxes coming up saying I had done some achievement, but figured it was just part of the game. It wasn’t until I had moved on to Prince of Persia & they started coming up again that I realized it was an Xbox thing. Once I figured that out & looked on the Dashboard, I KNEW that I had to have all of the achievements I could get my grubby hands on. That’s when I found this forum, trying to figure out how to get that last damned lightseed in Prince of Persia.

That was about 2 months ago, and I’ve been here pretty much every day since. I’ve become a total achievement whore. I’m super-paranoid about spoilers, so I always do at least one playthrough on my own before looking at any guides to get my missing achievements. So I usually end up playing most games several times, which is why I’ve only played a few games so far: Assassin’s Creed, Dead Space, Bioshock (which I fell in love with even though I never thought I’d like FPS’s), Prince of Persia, and I finally gave in & bought Tomb Raider (though 100x better than the Wii version, still kinda “Meh” about it). I’m currently playing Mass Effect on the recommendation of another site member. And though I thought for sure I wouldn’t like RPG’s, and was bored out of my mind for the first 4 hours, I’m actually really starting to like it. Go figure.

So yeah, that’s my WAY too long history of gaming & how I got to this site. If there’s anything else you wanna know, just ask.

Edited by Summer

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like I’m yet another of the influx of gamer chix joining the site lately, which is pretty cool since I don't feel like SUCH a freak now.

Don't worry about looking like a freak. The guys that will stalk you now that they know you're female, they're freaks. ;)

Welcome to the forums summer, I'm sure you fit in just fine with the other female gamers here.

Thanks for the welcomes :)

Welcome and dam you tore your acl i had to get knee surgery from football and im only 13...

Yeah, I had to have 2 surgeries on my knee from it (ACL & meniscus). Kinda put a damper on my future sporting endeavors. Knee surgery blows goats.

Nah, don't ask Vader, he's crazy >_>

Welcome. If you're one to boost, the achievement trading threads are the place to go. And don't be one of those people that just leaves their GT. :)

*makes note to self re: Vader's mental state*

Thanks, I don't currently have Live. I'm torn because on the one hand, I refuse to pay $100 for a wireless adapter that cost MS $1.98 to make, but on the other hand it's driving me crazy that I don't have Brass Balls on Bioshock. Chances are Bioshock will win out. Damn you, Microsoft! :rant:

Welcome and dam you tore your acl i had to get knee surgery from football and im only 13...

I don't think that she means that she's actually just 14.... just that she has the habits of a 14 year old boy.

And welcome to the site, I enjoyed your intro. I for one, hate Tomb Raider but I love the RE series as well :) Feel free to send me a message if you wanna talk nerd I'm always up for it. My first gaming system was the Genesis (long live it!)

And may I be the 3rd to say don't trust Vader :)

It looks like I’m yet another of the influx of gamer chix joining the site lately, which is pretty cool since I don't feel like SUCH a freak now.

Girls gaming hasn't been a rare thing for quite a long time now IMO. Don't really understand why people still think it is. I suppose the sweaty teenage boys drooling over girls on XBL doesn't help!

Anyway, welcome to the site!! :)

Welcome to the site and enjoy it here...I love how in every greeting Thread people are being warned of both me and Vader lol!

Deep down, it's because we are both loved.

Enjoy your stay and if you need anything just ask any of us well any of us except for Vader who is a 14 year old boy :p

Excuse me, 16 thank you very much. People these days.

Edited by Lordvader178

FUCK YES!! WE NEED FRIENDS REUNION. I started crying when the show ended, i was so sad to see them leave. I know that sounds gay, but seriously, i don't care, best show ever. If they do a reuninion, i would see it 3 times per day., and buy it on dvd, 18 times. After all, i do have every season on dvd :p.

Only if it was done right though.

Proof of Vader's bad mental state :D