Revamped Leaderboards, Genre Leaderboards and Social Media Links!

The Pants Party

All three of these features went live late yesterday. See Webb's announcement on the main page here, you can see the social media clickies below the post. This should also fix the gamercards on the various places throughout the site. Enjoy!

Ever wanted to see how your Gamerscore compares to the rest of the biggest achievement chasing community on the leaderboard? Course you do. Furthermore, ever wanted to see how you rank in certain genre leaderboards? See how many achievements you have from RPGs or sports games? See your completion percentage in those brackets? The answer should be a resounding yes, especially if you’re reading this post. Then, my friends, you’re in luck.

Here at X360A we’re always busy beavering away behind the scenes. Whether it’s us sorting out our MCM London Comic Con stage show or whether its Aleks feeding and disciplining the server hamsters, the fact remains that we’re always working on new and cool things, and today we’re proud to announce and unveil the latest feature: the new community leaderboards.

Aleks has been knee deep in stats and Gamerscore for sometime now, refining what is the coolest addition the site has had for quite sometime. The community leaderboards not only give you a wealth of stats (see below), but they’re all automated as well, meaning if you’re a regular member of the community, you don’t need to do anything, you’ll be up on there.

Firstly, what constitutes a “regular member of the community”? Well, simple, it’s this:

- Have 50 forum posts.

- Have posted in the last 60 days.

That’s nothing to regular forum goers, after all, we do have thousands upon thousands of threads of juicy and awesome content. It’s worth nothing that the requirements and such aren’t set in stone either, and we’re likely to tweak them to find the happy balance that appeases the vast majority of our huge userbase – which is harder than it sounds!

To get added all you need to do is have your GT attached to your forum profile and then our crazy script squirrels will do the rest. It’s that easy.

"So, what do these new leaderboards offer?" "Well, that’s a good question, Dan, you’re growing up to be a rather outstanding person, your mother will be proud… ish." The new leaderboards offer:

- Your score, your rank, how many achievements you’ve unlocked, your completion percentage and your country.

- The above in all 14 genres, from obscure genres like “Card and Board” and “Puzzle and Word,” to more popular genres like “Shooter” and “RPG.”

- The genre leaderboards also shows your genre overall completion percentage amount!

You can even click on people and see their profile from there, from their wishlists and collections, and recent games, to their maxed out games, checklists and their achievement case.

This isn’t the finished product either, we’ll be adding to it and refining it from here on out. Whether it’s more stats or more integration into your user profile, we’re going to keep working on this till the end of our days.

That’s not all either. Today we’re also launching our new social media links too (to Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus – for now), so you can click on these links and share your favourite stories, lists, guides, reviews and what not, with the rest of the world with little to no effort. It means you can show the rest of the world how awesome we are, thus enabling us to grow quicker and give you even more cooler things, and more importantly, it gets us closer to world domination – and yes, we’re bringing you for the ride along with us!

Sorry about all the obscure animal references… I shouldn’t have written this on an empty stomach, but we hope you enjoy the new features we’ve added and we hope too many of you don’t get obsessed over your completion percentage… like me… my completion percentage for racing games is far too low! 40%!? I need to play more Forza Horizon…

(P.S. #1 in RPG, baby! :p)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice work guys! It's great to see all of this up and running.

I know you just got a big task out of the way but I've got to ask. Any idea if we'll be able to link to Twitter, YouTube, and Facebook under our usernames in the near future?

Edited by StayonTarget

Pretty stoked I'm in the top #500 (#458) of the site. Pretty happy to see the correct completion % to. At least I know the game/completions are organised right, compared to other sites!

Quick question though. Does this mean the GT's on the left in the mini-profile will be/get fixed with the new updates?

Edited by Nozza

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1wzh3OOQf1r2e1lj.gif

This is awesome news! Looks good too. :woop:

Pretty stoked I'm in the top #500 (#458) of the site. Pretty happy to see the correct completion % to. At least I know the game/completions are organised right, compared to other sites!

Quick question though. Does this mean the GT's on the left in the mini-profile will be/get fixed with the new updates?

I'm just over 500 hundred, now... I just need to get all my games out and play them all to death! Muahahaha!

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1wzh3OOQf1r2e1lj.gif

This is awesome news! Looks good too. :woop:

I'm just over 500 hundred, now... I just need to get all my games out and play them all to death! Muahahaha!

Love the gif! I was close to 200 before the change, now I'm at 350.

Edited by Skorpion XBA

The one under my name in posts works properly now (it's current and not a year out of date anymore), but the one on my profile page in the top right corner still doesn't load... but the one that's in the top right on EVERY page does. Hmm. Still some work to do I'd say :p

Looking amazing. Though I must say, I think I need to get a move on with some of these dancing games in the backlog. I'm only #4 on the Music and Rhythm leaderboard. Worst genre is Shooter (unsurprisingly) where I am all the way down at #1328.

It's worth noting that the leaderboard link in the "achievements" section of the main page does not work, though.

Good work guys, keep it up! :)

Was really hoping for this to fix the gamertag issue, but beggars can't be chosers I suppose.

Quick question, if anyone knows the answer, my old gamertag works when I put that as my tag, but my current one doesn't. What does this mean?

Edited by Spade.

Quick question, if anyone knows the answer, my old gamertag works when I put that as my tag, but my current one doesn't. What does this mean?

I have the same thing. I may be because it's been stored before the whole thing crashed, meaning it can still be pulled up from the database... :confused:

I have to say that I really like how these turned out. The issue I've had with TA's leaderboards is that they were so slow to load. I have to wait several seconds over there every time I change the filtering. Over here it's less than a second, very nice! Also like that it shows what percentage I've completed of all games in a given genre, not just what I've played. Keep up the good work, excited to hear of these possible future updates Webb speaks of :)

Just a quick question. Would it be possible to add a sort by country option? The countries are already listed, so I assume "Country Leaderboards" might be appreciated by a lot of people.

Otherwise, nice implementation.

That will be coming, yes.

Good work guys, keep it up! :)

Was really hoping for this to fix the gamertag issue, but beggars can't be chosers I suppose.

That means that we still have a few bugs to work out, but we didn't want to wait on the leaderboard part any longer. We will get them working shortly.

Those new leaderboards look sweet. Good Job to all those involved.

I'm totally not just posting in here to get myself on the leaderboard.

LOL! I see what you did there, Stoph...be interesting to see if you kick me down on the Simulation leaderboard. Not worried about the Strategy one at all. :p

Looks good fellas, rank 607!

Don't think my GC is fixed though.

Yeah, we are using you as a test case actually. Keep it as Spanish Assault if you could.

That will be coming, yes.

That means that we still have a few bugs to work out, but we didn't want to wait on the leaderboard part any longer. We will get them working shortly.

LOL! I see what you did there, Stoph...be interesting to see if you kick me down on the Simulation leaderboard. Not worried about the Strategy one at all. :p

Yeah, we are using you as a test case actually. Keep it as Spanish Assault if you could.

Done....thanks!