FEZ Achievment guide proposal

russian box

Hey 360a! I know the way people start guides is to get the game early (know somebody, work in a shop that sells it, or other means) blast through it before release date, then bang out a guide.

Now I'm not against people doing that, it helps us all right? but if somebody who doesn't have insider access to the game before release, it means they probably won't do a guide.

FEZ is a game I've been following for years now, I've also got a FEZ t-shirt and even went to see Phil Fish in Nottingham when he was showing it off, So FEZ is a game that I'd like to write a guide for BUT I don't have any way of getting it early.

I was responsible for the SUPER MEAT BOY Super Achievement Guide:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=270106

With this in mind I'd like to put it out there that I want to do the guide for FEZ. however I'm not here to complain at others if they want to too.

If you want to make the guide just post in here and I'm happy to let somebody else do it. Its all a bit of fun.

-russian box

Edited by russian box

Any number of people can make a guide for the same game and mods will pick what the best one is.

Thats why I'm putting this out there, to save peoples time, if someone wants to do it then I'm happy to step back and let them.

I think there is also a rule (not sure how often it gets enforced) that no one is allowed to post a guide before the release date.

well thats good I guess.

• 2 weeks later...
Aslong as you write a better guide than everybody else, yours will be the one used by the community. Dosen't matter about who's the quickest to create a thread called achievement guide.

Yeah but the idea is if somebody else wants to then I wont spend the time, thus saving my time, I don't want to go in for that look at me I'm better than him thing because in the end somebody loses.

That time can be spent gaming!

I think the real work will lie in figuring out where all of the collectibles are.

Well, with negative cubes figuring out where they are is only half the work. The real work is figuring out just how to get them.

Anyway after a 5 year wait, I'm not putting this game down till I complete it 100% and experience every single piece of enjoyment it has to offer.

I don't recall the meatboy guide being very comprehensive. Other than the gameplay videos of course. But by all means give it a go. I was thinking of throwing together a guide myself but it all depends on how much time I get to spend with it in the upcoming days. Really just stoked to play this!

Edited by Bum Commando

Hey 360a! I know the way people start guides is to get the game early (know somebody, work in a shop that sells it, or other means) blast through it before release date, then bang out a guide.
That actually never happens... It's always just whoever is the fastest to compile the best info that makes the guide, and that's the way it should be.

No offense to you personally but I've seen some people here and there feel like they have some sort of right to make the definitive guide based on this or that and honestly, that's all just bullshit. Whoever is the best writer and collects the best tips should be the one to make it; fandom is entirely irrelevant. You having Fez t-shirts doesn't exactly help us find anti-cubes better, does it?

If you make a guide and it's good, we'll support it and give you credit. If it's crap, we'll hate it and make our own. Just how it goes.

That actually never happens... It's always just whoever is the fastest to compile the best info that makes the guide, and that's the way it should be.

No offense to you personally but I've seen some people here and there feel like they have some sort of right to make the definitive guide based on this or that and honestly, that's all just bullshit. Whoever is the best writer and collects the best tips should be the one to make it; fandom is entirely irrelevant. You having Fez t-shirts doesn't exactly help us find anti-cubes better, does it?

If you make a guide and it's good, we'll support it and give you credit. If it's crap, we'll hate it and make our own. Just how it goes.

Pretty much what the above guy said.

Just started playing got 3 achievements so far can help you out.

Get a cube - Cube GET! = Simple just collect your first cube!

Equal and opposite -Negative space. = Find a Negative cube, First one can be found with 'Achievement unlock' achievement.

Achievement unlocked - Unlocking achieved. = When you get back to your town after learning how to change dimentions press RT RT LT RT RT LT LT LT.

Just started playing got 3 achievements so far can help you out.

Get a cube - Cube GET! = Simple just collect your first cube!

Equal and opposite -Negative space. = Find a Negative cube, First one can be found with 'Achievement unlock' achievement.

Achievement unlocked - Unlocking achieved. = When you get back to your town after learning how to change dimentions press RT RT LT RT RT LT LT LT.

Thank you NATZ.:Bounce: