Achievement Guide & Roadmap

Maka

We have some good tips and ideas going over in my rage-named gold medals thread. I thought I'd cross-post this post I just made, as it has two very nice little tips in it:

I found a very sweet little tip for this achievement... Not sure if it's obvious and everyone already knows about it, but what I found out was that if you restart or quit level, you keep your Inner Board perks. They only go away when you finish a level and see your characters standing on the prize podium thing.

This means you can do some nice little things:

- Start over on the same level if you were just a few hundred coins short of the gold.

- Leave and play another level if you find that the level you're playing is too easy with the perks you have (so you can use the perks on a level tha tactually needs them).

- "Scout" levels to see how hard they are with various perks from Inner Board, without wasting the time. If you don't gold the level you're "scouting," just quit and do one you think you can do with the perks you have.

Medals in Dark Albion appear to be glitched. They display as silver even though you have gold. erico360 has confirmed that his game also displays silver on every dark level, but he still got the achievement.

Yeah but Dark Bowerstone has them all the way through pretty much. So playing a level with constant Hobbes and chests, you'll have a better chance than playing a level all the way through right to the end to then have a 1 chance of getting the right Power-up.
True enough. Now I realize that I'm not sure why I even threw that out there - if someone can't find Hobbes in this game they might want to pick up another hobby. ;)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those aren't bad tips, but just to point out... Money is absolutely not a problem in this game and does not need to be boosted. I've got 5 gold medals left to go and I have over 3 million spread across my characters and I don't need any of it.

World Champion: Quick layout of levels and what you'll need.

Below is the perks I recommend you have before you go into a level;

x6 Multiplier, Coin Magnet and either Stealth or Multiplier Retainer. If you're missing one of the last two or both it's no big deal, just make sure you don't get hit.

Characters;

Garth - You

Reaver

Ben Finn

Maze

Keep the 3 AI as low level as possible. They'll keep at a distance and let yourself go a little further forward than them the aim is to get your multiplier up and keep it that way throughout the whole level. Make sure you collect the coins but the main bulk of your money will come from the kills you make, and the spare dropped coins will be picked up by the magnet perk.

Below are the levels and the goals you need to reach for the Gold medal;

Level/Light/Dark

Millfields: 30K/60K

Gravestone: 25K/40K

Misspeak: 40K/70K

The Cloud: 65K/90K

Hobbe Cave: 45K/65K

Bowerstone: 50K/35K

Aurora: 60K/90K

The Credits: 55K/70K

Edited by Nozza

World Champion: Quick layout of levels and what you'll need.

Below is the perks I recommend you have before you go into a level;

x6 Multiplier, Coin Magnet and either Stealth or Multiplier Retainer. If you're missing one of the last two or both it's no big deal, just make sure you don't get hit.

Characters;

Garth - You

Reaver

Ben Finn

Maze

Keep the 3 AI as low level as possible. They'll keep at a distance and let yourself go a little further forward than them the aim is to get your multiplier up and keep it that way throughout the whole level. Make sure you collect the coins but the main bulk of your money will come from the kills you make, and the spare dropped coins will be picked up by the magnet perk.

Below are the levels and the goals you need to reach for the Gold medal;

Level/Light/Dark

Millfields: 30K/60K

Gravestone: 25K/40K

Misspeak: 40K/70K

The Cloud: 65K/90K

Hobbe Cave: 45K/65K

Bowerstone: 50K/35K

Aurora: 60K/90K

The Credits: 55K/70K

Cheers mate, although i have a fully upgraded Reaver and he's pretty adept too. So to my understanding i can have up to 5 perks active at one time? (If i have 5 dice rolls obv.?)

Cheers mate, although i have a fully upgraded Reaver and he's pretty adept too. So to my understanding i can have up to 5 perks active at one time? (If i have 5 dice rolls obv.?)

Yes, this true. Though if you have all achievements but this one, there is one empty space. So if luck is against you, you could end up with less depending on the role of the dice.

You may land on a perk you've already landed on or the empty tile, so you could end up with less, but in theory you can get a total of 5 activated for the next level. I'd always use all 5 roles because the more perks you have the better the outcome.

The only one I skip is the one where the enemies are attracted to you more than your teammates. As this will most likely get you hit and make you lose your multiplier which you don't want!

Yes, this true. Though if you have all achievements but this one, there is one empty space. So if luck is against you, you could end up with less depending on the role of the dice.

You may land on a perk you've already landed on or the empty tile, so you could end up with less, but in theory you can get a total of 5 activated for the next level. I'd always use all 5 roles because the more perks you have the better the outcome.

The only one I skip is the one where the enemies are attracted to you more than your teammates. As this will most likely get you hit and make you lose your multiplier which you don't want!

You can have more than 5 dice rolls if you get a +1 dice roll from a chest. I got two in one level so I ended up with 7 dice rolls.

Ummm... why does your guide say that playing Fable: The Journey is "unnecessary" to unlock Gabriel and Theresa? You mention no other way of obtaining them, and I have not read anywhere else online that this is even possible. Surprised no one else noticed this.

It is not necessary to unlock the achievements for obtaining all characters.

If you read carefully, I do not talk about unlocking them. I am just saying that they are not needed.

Edited by Maka

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2267/UP0zLho=.jpgBetter When Shared - 5:gsicon:

Complete a level as part of a four-player team. This also unlocks a tile on the Inner Board.

Just gather 4 total players, and start a new game. I suggest just completing Millfields, and choosing the right hand path at the end to make it go more quickly. You can also do this with 4 controllers, although it may be cumbersome by yourself that way.

I did this locally with 4 controllers doing the "Chicken Kicker" mini game. All I did was dodge the chickens as the NPCs took the hits.

Hey Maka, first off, great guide, thanks for the help. Just waiting on my turbo controller for fast and furious. I noticed a possible bug when going for World Champion so figured that I'd share.

You may know that if you quit out of a level with perks activated, you can start another level or repeat the level and keep your perks.

What I found out was that, for me, I could complete the level in offline mode, roll the dice for my character, then quit to the main menu after rolling for my character (before rolling for the AI), then start the game again (by selecting offline mode again, with the same characters as before) and while it would save my score for the level that I just completed, I'd still have the same perks to use in another one.

It might have been mentioned before, but I figured I'd share just in case. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Any tips for Veg Head? I am doing the survival arena thing. Problems that arise:

-they rarely throw their heads

-there are too many around that get in the way when I kick back

-the pumpkin never goes in the direction I want when I kick it

-AI teammates kill them too quickly (even when they have never once had an ability bought for them)

Hey, I've found that you don't need to hit the head back at the same one that threw it at you, I got it by kicking the head at a different one. Hope this helps!