"Over Achiever!" achievement glitched?

hellboundsoul

I just completed the game with all of the attainable achievements, except for "Over Achiever!" (which you have to unlock all of the other achievements to get it), and the achievement didn't unlock. Is anyone else having this issue?

I've tried repeating races that would normally trigger an achievement/save. I've cleared my cache. I've tried doing this with the title update, and without.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just completed the game with all of the attainable achievements, except for "Over Achiever!" (which you have to unlock all of the other achievements to get it), and the achievement didn't unlock. Is anyone else having this issue?

I've tried repeating races that would normally trigger an achievement/save. I've cleared my cache. I've tried doing this with the title update, and without.

I've been trying to be 1st in the world to finish this game (you probably beat me). I've had the same problem.

I'll try calling THQ when they open in a few hours.

Cool. Keep us posted. I sent in an e-mail/bug report to THQ last night. If I hear anything, I'll post it here.

I called them, and they said they didn't have any information yet, and to send an e-mail, so I did.

I started playing this game before the title update, so I wonder if that has anything to do with it. Since this Achievement triggers when you unlock all the others, and since we've already unlocked all the others, there's nothing we can do but hope they release another update that somehow lets us trigger it.

I received an e-mail from THQ asking whether or not if I had installed the update. I responded, and I sent them a link to this thread.

-As far as completion time is concerned, probably around 5-6 hours to complete all of the events. There are a ton of side "missions/quests" that you'll need to complete to get the full 1000... err... 900. :)

Having started playing the game before the patch/title update came out may have something to do with it. But, I would think that the save system would run a check of all achievements earned each time you save any event. But, who knows?

I'll keep you guys posted.

I received an e-mail from THQ asking whether or not if I had installed the update. I responded, and I sent them a link to this thread.

Here's the response I recieved:

"Unfortunately this is not a known issue and no suggestions are available at this time. We are currently looking into the matter and if a solution or suggestion is found, we will provide it in the Support section of our website."

I've found something else that may help. Although THQ publishes this game, it was designed by a company called Incinerator Studios. You can send them an e-mail at [email protected], and their Web site is

http://www.incineratorstudios.com

If we let them know about this problem, it might speed things up.

is any body sure that we don't need to win all races and mini games in gold to get this achievement? I won some " Guido Kart champ " races in silver (damn it. what kind of a race was that. you felt like racing with ball not car!)

Well it say's "unlock all other achievements".These guys have done that.It says nothing about gold medals so I doubt it.However,it is possible (though doubtful),some DLC is inbound and that has screwed it up,as it would take the highest amount of ineptitude to mess up the coding of the achievement unlocking.Honestly,it's level 1 basic at best.

I actually posted the question to their "support" page. This is the answer I got back, which is the typical answer I would expect.

Thank you for contacting THQ Customer Support"

Unfortunately this is a new issue which we are currently looking into. At this time we do not have any solutions or suggestions. Please continue checking the THQ Supports section for any further info/updates

So I see it was being an SOL problem, kind of like Ghostbusters.

This is just ridiculous!!! How hard could it possibly be to make sure the code that unlocks the "unlocked all other achievements" code is programmed into a kids game? I know it must be extremely difficult and time consuming (insert sarcastic face) to remember to insert code ---->HERE<---- into this game?!?!

I am super angry at not being able to add this to my 1000 point completion list....maybe they will fix this soon enough!