Guido Challenges

BigEasy

Yeah....I am certain they made the Guido challenges the way they did because they dont expect kids to notice the crappy racing dynamics!!! I wouldn't expect Guido to drive like a finely tuned Forza car...haha!

I am stuck trying to beat BUBBA at the Rustbucket for now, I beat him once...but I came in second in the race and so I didn't "win"!!! Boo!

• 3 weeks later...

In the first Guido challenge, no matter if I place 1st or 4th, every time I go to the marker, I see no standings for the races I've completed for that event. Is this happening for anyone else?

**Update: Just did the second one and the same result. Placed first but no standings when I go back to the event.

Edited by minkster74

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I try not to post to complain but this was some of the worst designed controls in a game I've ever seen. It felt like my controller was broken with spinning out sometimes for no reason and forget trying to turn properly. In the end, relied on luck to get through it after much screaming. To think this is a kids game is a huge shame for these developers. I can't imagine any kids that this game is targeted towards getting through these.

Tell me about it. Never thought I'll get this much stress playing a VG that's supposedly aimed at kids. Heck, if my cousin (who's 4) played it, I'm sure he'll pull a tantrum. My swear box is practically full at the moment.

Here's a Q: to unlock the feathered yellow car, do I have to come 1st place in ALL Guido's races? I've completed the game 100% & checked my vehicle list & she's absent. I know this cuz I used a cheat to unlock every1 just so to use as a checklist of how many vehicles I should unlock (also I don't want to use the cheat every time I boot up the VG - I'm a perfectionist when it comes to unlocking characters/lvls even though I doubt I'll use the character anyways). I hope this is not the case as its a pain to play through these races (apart from #1 & #9), I'm lucky to get to 3rd place (just) nevermind 1st.

In the first Guido challenge, no matter if I place 1st or 4th, every time I go to the marker, I see no standings for the races I've completed for that event. Is this happening for anyone else?

**Update: Just did the second one and the same result. Placed first but no standings when I go back to the event.

i too have noticed that happening it makes me mad, i spend longer playing these races than the story to get into first, and what happens no standings at all

and does anyone know what the patch did to this game i just loaded it up and it made me update?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Well ive just smashed another controller, 4th lpa 2nd place then hit up the arse 7th place = 1 smashed controller r.i.p

Glad I'm not the only one. Slammed the controller on the ground and broke the A and B buttons. Wife was pissed at me. Fuck it though. I orded a new one off amazon since they are running deals on them for 29 bucks.

• 3 months later...

After going to hell on this insane hard cart ride I have completing it (kart race 6 took about 12 tries), I have some tips.

On kart race 6 you can use a short cut right after you make a hard turn and go under some eh rings then race for a couple of seconds and cross over to the other side.

Even if it tells you you're going off track you just have time to make it and save valuable time. Without this trick it seems undoable.

The Cart race In Santa Burbura has only 2 real bad spots where you must never drift, 1 = before a high jump) remember them and use a lot of drift throughout the rest of the track and you make it after 5-10 tries.

900/1000 and no more unlocking thus far.

• 2 weeks later...

On kart race 6 you can use a short cut right after you make a hard turn and go under some eh rings then race for a couple of seconds and cross over to the other side.

Even if it tells you you're going off track you just have time to make it and save valuable time. Without this trick it seems undoable.

Oh god thank you! I was going insane, only 3 races left of this hell.

• 2 months later...

Just finished them & only advice I can give is persevere - you will eventually have a race where you dont spin off too much. Found on the mine level that the best way to avoid spinning on the railtracks was to steer into the side "walls" on the corners.

At least no never ending collectable acheivement!

• 4 weeks later...

Sincerely hope there is a special place in Hell reserved for the game designer of the Guido Kart Races, for the developers that coded it, for the crappy QA that said it was working, and for everyone associated with it's inclusion in the Cars franchise game. May you all rot.