WOW users beware (possible phishers about)Not me)

DrMmmPie

^*^

If you play WOW you may have gotten an Email from "Blizzard" saying.

It has come to our attention that you are trying to sell your personal World of Warcraft account(s).

As you may not be aware of, this conflicts with the EULA and Terms of Agreement.

If this proves to be true, your account can and will be disabled. 

It will be ongoing for further investigation by Blizzard Entertainment's employees.

If you wish to not get your account suspended you should immediately verify your account ownership. 

You can confirm that you are the original owner of the account to this secure website with: then a link

Login to your account, In accordance following template to verify your account.

* First and Surname

* Secret Question and Answer

Show * Please enter the correct information

If you ignore this mail your account can and will be closed permanently.

Once we verify your account, we will reply to your e-mail informing you that we have dropped the investigation.

Regards,

Account Administration Team

Blizzard Entertainment 

another link here.

World of Warcraft , Blizzard Entertainment 2010

here the funny part I did sign up back in 07 when they were doing a free promo but, my laptop couldn't run it. So I never played WOW. So my guy is a lv 0(good job phishers way to go after the best(!) WOW player.

Also I think it's the norm for compaines not to ask for passwords and the like. And if you break any of their rules your account is gone with out a warning.

Well….thanks for the info. Unfortunately there are always people out there who try to get hold of other people’s accounts. It’s not a new development.

I remember when I played there were 3 people in my guild who got there accounts hacked all in the same week, one of them being the GM. The guild vault got wiped out as well. Coincidence? I don’t know.

I’m glad I quit that game.

I tried the tutorial of WoW and WOW, I think its terrible. They can have my account gladly :)

I played it for about a month and a half, then when all my free time ran out, I just couldn't find any ambition to pay for it as often as you have to. It's just not worth it to me.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I thought the game was really fun, and I only got to like level 38 so I didn't come close to fully experiencing the game, but I just couldn't financially do it.

Well….thanks for the info. Unfortunately there are always people out there who try to get hold of other people’s accounts. It’s not a new development.

I remember when I played there were 3 people in my guild who got there accounts hacked all in the same week, one of them being the GM. The guild vault got wiped out as well. Coincidence? I don’t know.

I’m glad I quit that game.

You weren't in Cataclysm were you (the guild - named from launch nothing to due with the new expansion).... That sounds exactly like what happened when I was still playing. Of course, that GM got his account hacked several times heh....but the first time the guild bank got cleaned out - afterwards others were promoted and when we saw dudes several alts logging on randomly we kicked him heh.

Anyway, this is kind of old news....with phishing happening all the time like others have said and for WoW specifically. I've been getting e-mails like this for several years now and I haven't played for two years!

I actually delete the e-mails without reading them. I don't do anything illegal in the Blizzard games anyway, so don't really care heh. Plus, I ended up getting one of those passcode things that link to your account....another reason I just shrug crap off (and I don't think Blizzard would actually be e-mailing me for anything). I'm just glad they made a universal login for Blizzard users now and the authenticators can be used on that - since I play SC2 sometimes...

You weren't in Cataclysm were you (the guild - named from launch nothing to due with the new expansion).... That sounds exactly like what happened when I was still playing. Of course, that GM got his account hacked several times heh....but the first time the guild bank got cleaned out - afterwards others were promoted and when we saw dudes several alts logging on randomly we kicked him heh..

No I don’t think that guild was on our sever. I played on Darkmoon Faire. :)

No I don’t think that guild was on our sever. I played on Darkmoon Faire. :)

Cool, I used to play on Darkmoon Faire too! ;)

Anyway, if you're not sure that your mail is from Blizzard, they have a list of their official "email names" on battlenet. ( not aimed at you OP) :)

EDIT: We are back from the hospital and she is alright for now. I read the post again and you know what, I was being a dumbass but doesn't mean you need to call me one. At the time my attention wasn't completely focused on the thread (as my gf was in pain). I was busy sitting beside my girlfriend (for about 2 hours so I grabbed her netbook to keep me awake; it was late at night). Anyways point being, I made a mistake and I am only human.

Edited by Venomized

Never played WOW and never will. But that sounds like bullshit to me that they would do that if they are. And all the more reason why I will never play wow.

Cancelling accounts if they don't reply....honestly.

Are you kidding me? It's not actually Blizzard dumbass.

Meh I get these everyday, no biggie.

Love this guy. He didn't even get that the OP intended to warn people that it's not blizzard sending these emails.

Your comprehension fails again Venom. The first time it failed you was in your understanding of my OP you quoted in your sig. I'll shoot you a PM so as not to derail the thread.

On topic: Phishing is everywhere these days. As long as there are people dumb enough to believe they are reps from whatever company they claim to represent, they will continue to steal from the gullible.

Edited by lifeexpectancy

EDIT: I was being a dumbass but doesn't mean you need to call me one.

How are you sir!?

You do remember me right? I thought you should know, that you are by far the most ignorant, arrogant, foolish person I have ever come across on the internet. And let me tell you, I have encountered quite a few. You may think (as you already stated) that me commenting to you about a closed thread is pathetic. Perhaps it is, but then what does that make you? Because you are the most pathetic, and biggest pansy that I have ever met. I could'nt not say something. I have never seen someone like you that I had to say something.

First of all, you need to realize that the people who use their brain, and intelligence exceed in life compared to people who "care about their image". Any person with common sense entering a contest to win a 2010 Ford Mustang would go about it in the easiest way.

For majority of people, throwing a football in a hole 5 yards away would be easiest by tossing it underhand. If it was me against you, and you wanted to throw it overhand, I would honestly beat you with ease. How is tossing underhand in a competition to win something make them a pansy? It doesn't. The contest does sound pretty pathetic, as it is only 5 yards. But I bet a quaterback would even toss it underhand for a Ford mustang.

You said in your post something along the lines of "it's not like it's the 4th quater and they are tossing a hail mary bomb". What kind of logic is that? Who would, or even could throw it that far underhand? I do hope you realize and admit that you are even retarded to say that.

Another thing you said was "if the underhand toss was so god-awful accuarate QB's woud use them all the time". Really? Tossing it underhand takes longer for it to reach the target, therefore making the person you passing it to an easy target to hit, or making it an easy interception. What were you thinking when you posted these things to defend yourself? You just continue to prove you are an utter retard.

You are so pathetic that reading your post actually made me laugh. What's even more hilarious is that you made a thread about GRAMMAR and yet in your other thread your GRAMMAR, punctuation, etc was horrible!

On a side note: majority of the games you played are pathetic and way too easy to 100%. And some of those games are even childish! I really do hope you have a little sister or something. Even with your so called 100% (actually 99%) you probably glitched a few achievements at the least. Not saying you used a program (which is possible). You really do need to get a more entertaining life and do something else beside game all the time if you have that much gamerscore and almost 100% completion.

You can block me again if you want, go straight ahead, as I have no reason to talk to you anymore. Just know that you are a complete utter moron. As proof, you could go through the comments on that one thread of yours and look at how many people disagreed and thought you were an idiot. Hell, even an ADMIN thought you were! Which is funny cause they aren't suppose to be rude, but you were such an idiot that he HAD to post. I actually showed my GF and her brother cause I thought it was the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen.

Anyways, hopefully you will man up and stop being a pansy. Peace.

Hypocrite much? You send me a PM of such blatantly rude and insulting filth, yet you complain in this thread for being called out on your own error? Glass houses man.

Oh, n no I haven't glitched a single achievement, ever. But I doubt your ego will ever allow you to believe that.

Edited by lifeexpectancy

my account got hacked ages ago and i lost my account, they put an authenticator on it so i couldnt get it back without sending in my drivers license... which i was no way going to do

i get bombarded with this crap like twice a day, i contacted blizzard just to destroy my account already, but even with the original CD key and my drivers license scanned and sent via email they said no

Seem to get those emails every single day. Although now they at least go into my junk folder so I never read them anymore. Quite funny considering some of them are poorly written.

Saying that, there's a member in my guild who's a complete noob and had his account hacked about 3 times. You'd think he'd be smart and get an authenticator or something. Quite funny seeing the hacker online though.

GM also got hacked once, had everything from the guild bank taken out and god knows what else he had on his characters. Needless to say he got everything back and even more. I've been lucky though, never had my account hacked and since I've had an authenticator I don't get why more people don't get one. Hell they have a free version app of it for the Iphone and the Android now.