Zombie Genocide Master Guide

PhyscoticScot

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehe, anytime sir! There's loooots of infos in here. :drunk

Well I'm like the resident bargain magazine dropper person and I've had the 1k for quite sometime. However, I know that a lot of people look at this forum but don't post so hopefully this helps. :D

I'm going to attempt this without doing any of the cases. If I come up short I'll try doing it the case way.

Wish me luck!

I'll post what happens.

I'd recommend -WITHOUT CASES-. I managed to do 74.000 Kills as you can see on my picture in this thread. But some also managed to do it during the cases, guess of the more numerous Gas Zombies. Anywayz, let me know which method was better for you. ;)

I'd recommend -WITHOUT CASES-. I managed to do 74.000 Kills as you can see on my picture in this thread. But some also managed to do it during the cases, guess of the more numerous Gas Zombies. Anywayz, let me know which method was better for you. ;)

I'm in the middle of getting Head Trauma and the Cross Dresser achievement so after I get both of them I will work on doing the zombie achievement but if I get bored then I'll attempt it. I'm home from work today so I may just pull an all day thing.

Quick question about the case way; you ignore all survivors and are killing zombies with the SUV in between case files/zombrex for Katey, right?

Also, is it recommended swapping to the bike after Leon appears? (And after killing him, of course.) I imagine it'd be a lot quicker getting the achievement with Gas Zombies about, but I was afraid to try... I would hate to realise I've come up short after attaining so many kills! :p

Depending on the response, I may need some magazines dropped. =)

Quick question about the case way; you ignore all survivors and are killing zombies with the SUV in between case files/zombrex for Katey, right?

Also, is it recommended swapping to the bike after Leon appears? (And after killing him, of course.) I imagine it'd be a lot quicker getting the achievement with Gas Zombies about, but I was afraid to try... I would hate to realise I've come up short after attaining so many kills! :p

Depending on the response, I may need some magazines dropped. =)

Ignore the cases, ignore the survivors, and ignore Katey. Just focus mainly on killing the zombies with the SUV. Try to find a good and effective route you can take with the SUV without damaging it too much.

I did it without any of the cases, just good old fashion running over zombies. I got my SUV stuck twice and had to reload once and run halfway down the strip to get an SUV (saving was good but never reload the game) and I still had time left over.

I did it without any of the cases, just good old fashion running over zombies. I got my SUV stuck twice and had to reload once and run halfway down the strip to get an SUV (saving was good but never reload the game) and I still had time left over.

Hehe, good for you. :) At least you managed to get the cheevo in the end.

*UPDATE*

It's 10 AM on Day 2 and I'm up 26,100+ kills.

According to the long hour list a couple pages back, I'm behind 2k so either that list is hopefully just a rough estimation of kills or I'm screwed.

Edited by BTips1

*UPDATE*

It's 10 AM on Day 2 and I'm up 26,100+ kills.

According to the long hour list a couple pages back, I'm behind 2k so either that list is hopefully just a rough estimation of kills or I'm screwed.

Day 1 - 7pm - 10000 kills

Day 2 - 7am - 22000 kills

Day 2 - 7pm - 34000 kills

Day 3 - 7am - 46000 kills

Day 3 - 7pm - 58000 kills

Day 4 - 7am - 70000 kills

Day 4 - 10am - Game over

According to this, you're on track, mate. Ahead by 1k kills, in fact. I'm ahead by 2k but I'm still before 7am so I'll see if I can get an extra 2.5-3k kills before then. I'm worried about failing but I'm ahead of the estimated schedule myself. =p

Edit: 26.5k kills, 7am. I think I'm ahead of schedule still. xD

Edit #2: Google, thanks for the reply. As I just said, I'm ahead as it is, but I'm still a little bit worried about failure... Don't like putting in a lot of time to fail. :(

Edited by chris-da-fur

Don't forget matey, you have a couple hours extra to catch up on a few k kills. Just pace yourself and save often; if you think you've had a bad run - reload! :)

I've already hit 31k or 32k at exactly 12 pm on day 2 (yes, I'm slow at racking up kills... it's boring so I take many frequent breaks, haha.) so I know I'll be far ahead by 7pm.

Don't forget matey, you have a couple hours extra to catch up on a few k kills. Just pace yourself and save often; if you think you've had a bad run - reload! :)

I've already hit 31k or 32k at exactly 12 pm on day 2 (yes, I'm slow at racking up kills... it's boring so I take many frequent breaks, haha.) so I know I'll be far ahead by 7pm.

Couple extra hours? The military shows up at 10 A.M on Day 4 and the chart said I needed 58,000 by 7 P.M on Day 3.

I'm currently at 55.1k and it's 5:45 P.M so I'm off by 500-almost 1k kills.

Chill! :)

It says you need that many; but you've got an extra hour. I've read quite frequently that many people have about 4+ hours spare; you've got time to catch up and get that extra 900 kills.

From personal experience, I think it's better to get at least 1.5k kills instead of saving after ever 1k. Running out to the cart and driving up to the SUV takes too long in my opinion, and as the SUV can last for 5k kills (without crashing badly) you don't have to worry about it exploding on you.

If you're still worried about failing, make another save as backup. It's what I'm doing.

I didn't get it...I was off by 1400 kills...I figured I had an extra hour since the One Hit Wonder mission was still up. I was hoping it went until 11 A.M on Day 4 but alas...

I had a save a couple hours back so I'mma try doing the Yucatan technique and see if I can get 72000 slightly faster.

Edited by BTips1

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...