My Opinion on this game.

lilsting

I just finished getting all the achievements in this game like 10 minutes ago so I wanted to let all those people wondering if they should pick this game up how I feel about this game.

I give this game a solid 9/10. I love games like these where the achievements don't stray too far away from the actual gameplay. I was allowed to actually just enjoy the game while at the same time still picking up achievements. Everywhere you go beautiful art fills up the screen while at the same time the game still runs at a steady framerate.

My favorite thing about this game has to be the controls. The controls are very intuitive and allow you to make even the smallest of movements with pinpoint accuracy.

In the end, I got all the achievements at the 9 hour mark (9 hours 13 minutes to be exact). Again, I want to restate that this game is well worth the money and that anyone with even a remote interest in sidescrolling adventure games should give this game a whirl.

A few tips for when you guys pick up this game. The achievements that have to deal with killing enemies can normally be done right after you get the power. For example, when you get the laser beam power up, the achievement for killing 6 enemies with one laser can be done right in the same room. Also, your special moves are your friends. I came into this game playing like how I play most other adventure games. By that I mean I always save my special moves for a tough opponent (like a boss). DON'T DO THIS. You don't even need your special moves for any of the bosses. The first time I even thought about using a special move on a boss was for the last boss. I recommend using the hell out of your powers because killing enemies refuels them back fast enough. A guy named Auburok made a thread with locations for all the masks of the gods (an item you have to collect). When you start this game makes sure you follow his guide as it is well laid out, simple, clear, and concise. Lastly, grab every coin that you see. I explored a lot, but I barely backtracked. By doing this when I finished killing the last boss I was at 760k doobloons leaving me to only have to grind about 240k for millionaire cheevo which I was able to do in under an hour. (killed last boss at 8 hours 20 mins, got millionaire cheevo at 9 hours 13 mins). If you have any questions that you want to ask me, post them in here.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy this game as much as I did, but now it's time for me to go start Ms. Splosion Man and Trenched. If anyone want's to play either of these two games with me, shoot me a friend request. My gamertag is : lilsting

Edited by lilsting

• 7 months later...

cool! thanks alot man! nice review! i just recently played the demo & was going to allow myself to think about buying it before i actually did; however, the demo sold me & i bought it right away! This is probably one of the BEST platformers ive ever played, hands down.

I really enjoy (besides the breath taking artwork, of course!) how this game REALLY makes the payer think outside of their "traditional box". It keeps you challenged, without frustrating you, imo.

Thanks also for the tip on Auburok's Guide! I'll definately take a look at that before i proceed any further in the game.

i HIGHLY recommend this game for anyone looking for a unique game, that (imo) TRULY makes you feel as if youre on a spiritual journey yourself!

• 2 months later...

I'm sorry but I don't believe you got every acheivement in 9 hours unless you were using a guide and rushing through it. I am now at 13 hours (only missing 4 acheivements and half of the god heads) and am finally at the Sisters boss, which is giving me a very hard time.

• 1 month later...
I'm sorry but I don't believe you got every acheivement in 9 hours unless you were using a guide and rushing through it. I am now at 13 hours (only missing 4 acheivements and half of the god heads) and am finally at the Sisters boss, which is giving me a very hard time.

I just got my last achievement after playing for 8 hours and 10 minutes. And that was with missing about 8 Marks of the Gods and having to replay levels to find them. So it is definitely possible to beat it way under 13 hours.

• 3 months later...
I just got my last achievement after playing for 8 hours and 10 minutes. And that was with missing about 8 Marks of the Gods and having to replay levels to find them. So it is definitely possible to beat it way under 13 hours.

Yup, definitely possible. I finished in less than 13 hours as well, and used the "Mark of the Gods" guide after I beat the final boss in order to help collect the ones I missed during normal playthrough.

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I just saw this on sale and the review has me definitely contemplating it. I saw that Splosion Man was mentioned, so I wanted to check on the difficulty level of the game. I seem to be lacking when it comes to side scroller skill. IE: I can't get past first mission in Comic Jumper and never finished Splosion Man. Would someone say this is a similar gamestyle/difficulty? I'd hate to get another game that only frustrates me.

• 1 year later...