Millionaire achievement

Parnic

Does anyone know if you have to have earned 1 million doubloons throughout your savegame or if you have to have 1 million on you at once?

I beat the game with a ton of hearts and energy charges and have grinded back up to ~250k doubloons but still don't have the achievement.

You need to have collected 1,000,000 in total. You can check how many you've collected in your book by pressing the back button and hitting right bumper. Once "Total Money" is at 1,000,000, it unlocks.

Thanks for the quick answer!

Any tip on some easy zone where lots of enemies spawn near a save point / map change?

I like the hidden Jungle zone ("On the Treetops" I think?) because there are tons of enemies in it. The only downside is that there are no checkpoints and exits are on the extremities of the map. So just be careful not to die and there's plenty of cash to be had.

Any tip on some easy zone where lots of enemies spawn near a save point / map change?

I've been using City: The City Walls. Lots of enemies between the two exits, and not too much in the way of complex platforming or color changing. Just reach an exit, zone out, and go back in and work your way back through the level.

I like the hidden Jungle zone ("On the Treetops" I think?) because there are tons of enemies in it. The only downside is that there are no checkpoints and exits are on the extremities of the map. So just be careful not to die and there's plenty of cash to be had.

That's the map I was using. It's also good practice for arcade mode, if you're in to that. It was also because I'd been through all the maps the first time around a million times looking for marks, so this one was the least familiar. Only down side is dying with no checkpoint means you lose all your damn money.

I'm not sure about how the time compares to other methods, but the big batch of Jellyfish where you get the Beam ability seems like a good location. You've got a crystal of energy there, a ton of jellyfish (and bipedal enemies below) with a checkpoint in between the groups. Then just hit the checkpoint, kill yourself somehow and repeat.

It's obviously really tedious though, so I'd probably use the hidden Jungle zone too.

• 4 months later...