Millionaire Achievement Guide

Snake Pliskinn

This will most likely be your last unachievement - unless, like me, you grind this before facing the final boss. By this point, if you've been collecting most of the doubloons during the game (and have smashed most of the big vases), you will have about 500 - 700 thousand.

After spending sometime grinding, I have discovered, what I think to be, the quickest way to make money. Doing this will bank you 100,000 doubloons in approx 25-30 mins.

I recommend doing this achievement last - after obtaining all of the power ups, life/special upgrades. It's probably also best to do the Mask of Gods achievement before this; your sword becomes twice as powerful when you have collected them all.

OK - I found the best level to do this on is the secret area: 'Jungle - On the Treetops.' This level has one teleport at the left hand side and one exit at the far right. Initially, I started running from left to right/teleport to exit and then back again, but found this a little slow. Then I discovered a quicker system which can be done in 2-3 mins.

You are going to start a 'cycle' using the right side of the map.

Now here's my most important tip - use the uppercut move all the time (well, on normal enemies and small spiders). This move gives you twice as many doubloons per kill. With the upgraded sword, all small enemies require two quick uppercuts. Another benefit of doing this move is that the coins are launched into the air, allowing

you to collect them more easily.

First, start at the right hand side of the map. Work you way down to the bottom right (there's a big spider and a small spider down there). Now go up, all the way to the top, killing everything along the way. Use the blue platform to get to the highest level and use the beam attack to destroy the enemy which rushes at you. The beam move is also useful for killing the big spiders and the big guards with swords and shields (note: jump over these when they pound the ground and hit them from behind). When you have killed the big sword guy on the highest level, you will come to some ladders. Go down the ladders and kill the small sword guy at the bottom. NOW, head back to where you started. KIll the guys on the platforms and there is a big sword guy worth killing on the bottom level as you go. Once you have killed everything here, rush back and refresh the level. This process should net you 8,000 - 10,000 per run. Expect to get 2-3 giant doubloons each time.

Expect to spend approx 2 hours grinding using this method.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Snake Pliskinn

This will most likely be your last unachievement - unless, like me, you grind this before facing the final boss. By this point, if you've been collecting most of the doubloons during the game (and have smashed most of the big vases), you will have about 5 - 6 million.

If you had about 5 - 6 million you'd have unlocked the achievement ages ago! ;)

Yeah, but despite that typo the number's right though. I've grabbed pretty much every coin I've seen (and backtracked a couple of times so my total's higher than you'd expect) and now that I'm on the final world, I've almost got 700k.

That's about what I had my first time around. Made about 15-25k a 3-4 minute run in On the Treetops level, after I figured out it was pretty good for making money. Before that I was aimlessly running around for like, an hour or two trying to desperately collect large coins that fell in to spikes or pits when I killed something.

really lazy method:

Sky: Proving Grounds level. lots of those polarity fish. they drop big doubloons a lot, and there are two clusters with two checkpoints close by. kill the clusters, save at a point, kill yourself. repeat. easy with energy shield. usually about 6-8k a go, takes less than a minute to run through

Thanks for this thread guys! Really hate achievements like this so help is always appreciated. :)

I'd just like to post, for anyone else looking for tips, that you should use Snake's method if you want to enjoy the grind at least somewhat and don't want to lose your mind.

...but if you've already lost your mind to countless achievements like this in the past, Tarlol's method requires zero effort and you can sit with your laptop and check out YouTube vids or whatever as you do it. :)

Here's how I do it:

Go to the checkpoint by the energy crystal. "Save" in a blue state (if that matters, you want to be blue when you respawn anyway). Hold left and just swing as you get close to the two fish on the way - they will always be red and you never have to stop to hit them. Go to the rain of bullets and cluster of fish, release two shields and gather up the coins. Head back and save, climb the ladder and stand in that mist of bullets until you die. Watch a video while you wait. Repeat.

• 2 months later...

i found the perfect place for grinding the millionaire cheevo get to SKY THE PROVING GROUNDS up to where the yellow charger crystal is and hit the checpoint from here go to your left and there are loads of fishes that can give anything from 2000 to 10000 at a time all you have to do is use the shield charger attack and then collect all the money hit the checkpoint and then kill yourself a little left and up where there is a red and blue spitter i grinded about 300k in about an hour