Rocket League Tourney Groups and Scheduling

bigbear.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/screenshots/3894/med_20151203_rocketleague_xbox.jpg

Signups are done and we have 8 teams. So we will be splitting into 2 groups of 4.

Group A:

-High Octane

-Anonymous

-Shake 'n Bake

-Dude Where's the Ball?

Group B:

-WE LIKE TURTLES !

-50% off every Tuesday and select Sunday's after 4

-Who needs a license? Crash Bang Destroy!

-The Alaskan Ghost Riders

Each match will be a best of 5 games. The 1st two games will be played on servers and maps decided by the designated "home" team (chosen randomly by me). The 2nd two games will be played on servers and maps picked by the away team. The 5th game if needed will be played on a server randomly chosen by me and posted below. All 5th games will be on the Mannfield map.

Group A Matches:

Anonymous (home) v. High Octane (away): Anonymous 0, High Octane 3

Shake 'n Bake (home) v. High Octane (away): Shake 0, Octane 3

Dude Where's the Ball (home) v. High Octane (away): Dude 3, High Octane 0

Shake 'n Bake (home) v. Anonymous (away): Shake 0, Anonymous 3 (FF)

Anonymous (home) v. Dude Where's the Ball (away): Anonymous 3, Dude 0 (FF)

Dude Where's the Ball (home) v. Shake 'n Bake (away): Dude 3, Shake 0

Group B Matches:

Turtles (home) v. 50% off (away): Turtles 3, 50% Off 0

Who needs a License/CBD (home) v. Turtles (away): License 0, Turtles 3

Turtles (home) v. Alaskan Ghost Riders (away): Turtles 3, AGR 0

50% off (home) v. License/CBD (away): 50% Off 3, License/CBD 0

Alaskan Ghost Riders (home) v. 50% off (away): AGR 3, 50% Off 1

Alaskan Ghost Riders (home) v. License/CBD (away): AGR 3, License 0

Note: if both teams 100% agree on a different server for the 5th game you may play on that server. My server locations are in case of disagreement.

Finally, it is up to you to schedule all your matches. The time frame for group play is 2 weeks but there is some very small leeway in that. Use this thread, PMs and VMs on site or XBL messages. Please save any communication done outside of this thread. That will be used in case a forfeit needs to be declared.

Good Luck and Have Fun!

Edited by bigbear.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For our matches:

I know Shake 'n Bake are Aussie, we should be available during the afternoon your time most days.

I know Forty9 is UK and I assume your teammate is, we should be available to you at 8-10pm GMT most days.

As for our other opponents, I see one is Aussie so like with the other team, we are available most days during the afternoon your time.

Also, since both Floyd and I ping well to either coast in NA, we will do US West as our home versus Shake 'n Bake, US East versus Anonymous and whatever works best for Dude Where's the Ball (US West probably). We aren't out to ping screw people more than necessary. Our map will likely be DFH Stadium. Just letting people know so they can prepare if they want.

Edited by bigbear.

So, I may be useless this tournament. Been practicing with Pat the past two days since I got back to Toronto and, as I expected, Rocket League plays like stop motion for me. It's the only game that lags and I can't hit the ball or line up aerials. So unless Pat could take on all the weight while I hover useless in the background, RIP. :mad:

So, I may be useless this tournament. Been practicing with Pat the past two days since I got back to Toronto and, as I expected, Rocket League plays like stop motion for me. It's the only game that lags and I can't hit the ball or line up aerials. So unless Pat could take on all the weight while I hover useless in the background, RIP. :mad:

Gabe I'm pretty sure your first match is against ME. I'm sure I'll out lag you ;)

What time zone are you guys? My team is GMT.

Would it be better to set it to a set stadium for all games during the tournament? Just to make things easier?

Edited by Sonic Riptide

Gabe I'm pretty sure your first match is against ME. I'm sure I'll out lag you ;)

Would it be better to set it to a set stadium for all games during the tournament? Just to make things easier?

We are EST. We can play tonight from 5 - 9:30 pm EST. Let me know if you're available. And haha, you're right but we each get two games on our own local servers, so you'll get to play without lag. My problem is that I get lag in my local servers.

WE LIKE TURTLES ! are ready to dominus the competition :cool:

Pat, you noob, leave the title bar empty when you post hahahaha

I'm waiting to hear back from Ed but I have a lot of free time this week.

Let's do it.

The list I posted above is in no particular order. You can play your opponents in whatever order you want. Whatever works for everyone's schedules

WE LIKE TURTLES ! are ready to dominus the competition :cool:

OMG! Pat made an account!

I don't have the game but I might watch a stream! That would be pretty cool.

The problem is with my PC that has my recording software. Something is wrong with the WiFi card on the laptop. It connects to the router fine and everything else on the router has an internet connection. But the computer doesn't.

So I can probably record on it. But not stream. Unless I plug it it hardline but then I have to move my entire gaming setup.

The problem is with my PC that has my recording software. Something is wrong with the WiFi card on the laptop. It connects to the router fine and everything else on the router has an internet connection. But the computer doesn't.

So I can probably record on it. But not stream. Unless I plug it it hardline but then I have to move my entire gaming setup.

Well don't do all that. It's not that important. But couldn't someone just stream through the Twitch app?