Extreme Solo

JohnnyBoosh

What I found works best for extreme mode, is not using cover, by this i mean pressing A to cover against a wall, I found that going into cover always means your taking bullet richocets most of the time and even when you pop up you get popped.

What I did was I'd stand behind the cover but not actually be in cover with the A button, aiming my weapon and adjust the camera angle then when someone's in your crosshairs kill them, and they dont even get a chance to hit you at all, as your abusing the camera angle and not leaving yourself open to be popped for the sixhundreth time.

obvisously the cover has to be tall cover and not boxes or crates that mean you have to crouch, then just be conservative with your ammo, and sqeeze of rounds on your enemies without being hit.

I've ran through most of the game using this way, without dying on most of the levels unless i've been careless of course, but this is definalty the way to make extreme alot easier.

This really made the last few levels I had left a breeze and saved me a lot of frustration. Thanks for the tip.

This really made the last few levels I had left a breeze and saved me a lot of frustration. Thanks for the tip.
no worries mate, glad to help. I breezed through extreme, once I discovered this, hardly died in the later levels using this little trick.

No it probbebly isnt even possible

its very possible, I got through it no problem.

• 2 weeks later...
No it probbebly isnt even possible

He's just spamming, he seems to do it in every thread.

Question:Could your AI partner die in Kane and Lynch:dead men?

If not, I may replay it on hard.

I don't think I have the patience to try this the game on extreme because sucks as it is. Well it sucks compared to what it could of been. The original had so much potential.

Edited by jamie1000013

• 2 weeks later...

Starting this now, having read through this thread. I played it through on co-op, but only the other player got the achievement. When going back to the menu the game now denies I've completed any mission, in either SP or co-op, on any difficulty.

Shame that it's so glitchy. Little things like that really take the shine - what little there is - off the game.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm just past thousand cuts atm , started playing on extreme right away , only got the game 2 games ago and been playing with caution (as in playing other games after a chapter etc) as it can be a ery frustrating game .

I mean the enemy doesn't fight fair at all , and need alot of patience .

Having fun with the game tho and might pick kane & lynch 1 , would also like to do the whole game in co op after i'm done with it solo as i always enjoy playing in co op .

Cheers

So far only had to look at 1 walkthru and was on the thousand cuts escape part since the part before was so frustrating that i couldn't be assed to figure out the sneaky part heh .

Don't play this solo if you have rage issues ;) .

Can you solo the first kane & lynch too or it's impossible ?

Edited by gstn

• 2 weeks later...

Kane & Lynch is a lot easier on it's hardest setting than Dog Days is. With that said though, this game is made a lot easier if you avoid pressing against cover and just exploit corners. The hardest part so far for me has been the Helipad at the beginning of 'Resurrection'. That was until I found it was super easy to do without getting spotted and you didn't have to get into any firefights. I'm dreading the airport, but so far, so good.

• 1 month later...

Me and a mate went thru half of the Story on Extreme and then he dropped out because it was getting annoying. I did the whole 2nd half on my own in Extreme and did it. It wasn't too hard, you just need to stay back and dont move forward until you kill everyone and you get a save point.

• 1 month later...
Any one actual beaten Extreme solo?

I did. Easier than co-op. The cover glitch is awesome. If you take cover and lean out they kill you just like that. But not taking cover just strafe out the cover and you are good because you can hit them but they can't hit you. The starting is hard because those thugs only have those () shaped machinepistols and those are crappy. You basically can't hit anything. Pistols are great especially Lynch's magnum for those levels. The defending parts are the hardest. Defending the car is not easy but later defnding the stupid british boss is a bit harder just tke it SLOW. 4 shots and you are dead except it is a shotgun from a distance thats 2. Later in the game the MG and those very accurate assault rifles are the best, not the AK47 shaped ones.

And always bring those CANISTERS.

Kane & Lynch is a lot easier on it's hardest setting than Dog Days is. With that said though, this game is made a lot easier if you avoid pressing against cover and just exploit corners. The hardest part so far for me has been the Helipad at the beginning of 'Resurrection'. That was until I found it was super easy to do without getting spotted and you didn't have to get into any firefights. I'm dreading the airport, but so far, so good.

You just saved my day!

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

Really ?

Then I might pick up that game after all. I played the demo and thats what made me get this game for 8$. Unfourntaly This game is nothing like that games's demo.

This game sucks,bad AI,Broken Aiming,cover system. No Story at all. Thankfully Only 3 levels left on Extreme to get my achivement. This game has made me so mad,that I was yelling at the TV and making animal noises ha ha. No other game has made me that mad. I've beat Gears 1 2 and 3 on Insane,Duke Nukem Forever on ''Duke Incarnate'' and ''COD World at war veteran twice. This game is on par with Duke Nukem forever as its more cheap,then ''hard'' in a way Due to bad game desighning. Haven't played Co op at all yet. :woop:

Edited by Deadsea 1993

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I just finally did this.....and I will say it is BEYOND frustrating to do. The 2nd level for me was the hardest freaking there ever was because overall the guns in this game are absolute garbadge. Your in a situation with terrible cover...the cover system is awful anyways but this level was particularly poor in that. The best thing I could say to anyone is do NOT think you can hang peering out of cover because you WILL die instantly alot. I died so many times from BLIND FIRING let alone just TAPPING LT....enemies are %100 lethal with every single weapon at every single range. The only hope is....that as the game goes on you finally get "more control" of things because once assault rifles and longer range weapons become readily availible you can at least compete against guys like 50 yards away who can snipe you with a one handed SMg while your in cover.