PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion > Anime and Manga
Subscribe    Donate

Old Yesterday, 12:25 AM   #24871
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Emerald   Staff - Front Page   Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)
Now the King is playing board games. Such an awesome arc!

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
The Pants Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:15 AM   #24872
Jakez123

Jakez123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   Impossible Trinity - Gold   Staff Club - Minty   Community Gaming - Silver   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Free Agents - First Place   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by institutions View Post
Interesting choice to go with an all-male cast.
LOL, I haven't laughed that hard in quite some time, you're a legend.
Old Yesterday, 08:55 AM   #24873
EliteShadowMan

EliteShadowMan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
One Outs is still going pretty strong. On episode 14 and I'm enjoying the hell out of it still. As long as my schedule doesn't go too far off course today, I should have One Outs, K, and Black Rock Shooter done today.

This Johnson guy on the other team is a beast tho.

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention how awesome that rainy game was where Tokuchi just mind fucks everyone. Those episodes with that team were really great.
Old Yesterday, 04:16 PM   #24874
TemporalWizard
Guide Team

TemporalWizard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   Submit - Platinum   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - troy0891   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pants Party View Post
Now the King is playing board games. Such an awesome arc!
Yeah, he'll be doing that for a while.
TemporalWizard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:30 PM   #24875
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Emerald   Staff - Front Page   Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold
Why is this regarded as the best arc? Seems extremely drawn out and disjointed to me.

Old Yesterday, 04:41 PM   #24876
EliteShadowMan

Quote:
Why is this regarded as the best arc? Seems extremely drawn out and disjointed to me.
You'll understand once the whole arc is finished. You most likely won't enjoy it though because it doesn't end with Nakama Power.

Most of the good fighting is in that arc, and the character development is the best in that arc as well. The biggest flaw I had with it is that it did seem to be super drawn out to me as well, but I still loved it.

Last edited by EliteShadowMan; Yesterday at 04:49 PM.
EliteShadowMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:09 PM   #24877
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

You can't win without Nakama Power, what madness! (Plus don't pretend Killua didn't just spend a few episodes gushing over Gon and how he had to protect him. Then they both immediately made friends with enemies because they're such super good dudes.)

I'll trust the second half is good then. There's been very little fighting at all yet.

Last edited by The Pants Party; Yesterday at 05:15 PM.
Old Yesterday, 05:14 PM   #24878
tehapoc

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Greed Island was better.

tehapoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:42 PM   #24879
EliteShadowMan

Quote:
You can't win without Nakama Power, what madness! (Plus don't pretend Killua didn't just spend a few episodes gushing over Gon and how he had to protect him. Then they both immediately made friends with enemies because they're such super good dudes.)

I'll trust the second half is good then. There's been very little fighting at all yet.
The bromance is real in that arc. You'll enjoy it more as soon as they invade the palace, which I don't know if they did yet where you're at. It still gets dragged on regardless even when the fighting starts though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehapoc View Post
Greed Island was better.
Nah. Yorknew was better than Greed Island was.
Old Yesterday, 09:30 PM   #24880
tehapoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteShadowMan View Post
Nah. Yorknew was better than Greed Island was.
No way. Greed Island is the best grill.

Old Yesterday, 09:35 PM   #24881
alec613

York Shin arc > any arcs in shounen anime

Myanimelist
alec613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:51 PM   #24882
tehapoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by alec613 View Post
York Shin arc > any arcs in shounen anime
It's not a bad arc by any means, but I don't think it's the best arc in Hunger x Hunger or in shonen anime period.

Old Yesterday, 10:17 PM   #24883
alec613

Watched EP 4 of Ore Monogatari...Dem cheap plot device, again.
Man, Ore Monogatari is better than this. Why does it rely so much on cheap plot devices?. Shit, they always come out of nowhere. Would it hurt to use some foreshadowing? It doesn't have to be obvious.
The writing just way too forceful to me. It's as if it's trying not to get distracted with stuff like side-character characterization, subplots and etc

Quote:
It's not a bad arc by any means, but I don't think it's the best arc in Hunger x Hunger or in shonen anime period.
I like Greed Island, it's fun, but it just lacks the emotional punch that York Shin arc had.
Not to mention, the villains were awesome as villains and as characters. You could actually sympathize with them.

Myanimelist

Last edited by alec613; Yesterday at 10:41 PM.
Old Yesterday, 10:48 PM   #24884
tehapoc

Quote:
I like Greed Island, it's fun, but it just lacks the emotional punch that York Shin arc had.
Not to mention, the villains were awesome as villains and as characters. You could actually sympathize with them.
Not sure what 'emotional punch' you're talking about.

It's been awhile since I've watched it, but you would hold the Yorkshin arc over the Kyoto arc?

Old Today, 05:43 AM   #24885
alec613

Quote:
Not sure what 'emotional punch' you're talking about.

It's been awhile since I've watched it, but you would hold the Yorkshin arc over the Kyoto arc?
I exaggerated.

Been a long time since I watch Kenshin, but I like the Spiders more than Juppongatana as an enemy organization, since they're a very tight-knit group.

I love the Kyoto arc and all, but I realized I'm not a fan of the typical shounen formula of beating all the underlings first (mostly 1-dimensional) before getting to the last boss.

Myanimelist

Last edited by alec613; Today at 05:55 AM.
Old Today, 07:45 AM   #24886
tehapoc

Quote:
I realized I'm not a fan of the typical shounen formula of beating all the underlings first (mostly 1-dimensional) before getting to the last boss.
Even though it'll probably end up that way with both Beyond and the Ryodan?

Old Today, 02:29 PM   #24887
alec613

Quote:
Even though it'll probably end up that way with both Beyond and the Ryodan?
Probably, but HxH isn't your typical shounen anime, so I'm hoping it wouldn't be the case. And if it were to be case, I have no doubt that the execution will be good. Though it will probably be a while before we see it happen considering the long-ass hiatuses. Shit, we might not even see the manga conclude in our lifetime

Don't really care about Beyond because I haven't seen much of them ; Ryodan, on the other hand, is a very compelling group.

Myanimelist

Last edited by alec613; Today at 02:32 PM.
Old Today, 04:25 PM   #24888
tehapoc

Quote:
Probably, but HxH isn't your typical shounen anime
There's a lot of pretty typical shonen elements there. Again, I think you're giving the series a little bit too much credit.

Old Today, 04:31 PM   #24889
EliteShadowMan

Quote:
There's a lot of pretty typical shonen elements there. Again, I think you're giving the series a little bit too much credit.
Tehapoc, pls.

Come watch the rest of One Outs with me, dawg.

Shingeki no Bahamut is getting a 2nd season! Get hyped!

Last edited by EliteShadowMan; Today at 04:48 PM.
EliteShadowMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:55 PM   #24890
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Quote:
Shingeki no Bahamut is getting a 2nd season! Get hyped!
Eh, it went steadily downhill throughout the season. I'll watch it though, it's pretty.

Old Today, 05:25 PM   #24891
xTomacyde

xTomacyde's Gamercard
Quote:
You'll understand once the whole arc is finished. You most likely won't enjoy it though because it doesn't end with Nakama Power.

Most of the good fighting is in that arc, and the character development is the best in that arc as well. The biggest flaw I had with it is that it did seem to be super drawn out to me as well, but I still loved it.
The character development is definitely the main reason I like that arc more than any other. I'll agree that the first half was really drawn out, but there were so many characters introduced that it had to be, and I'd rather see the chimera ants evolve over time than just all of a sudden be really strong ant people. Although, back when I was watching it I was complaining about the same things Pants is too. Eventually it got so good that I couldn't complain anymore.

Pants, those board games that the king's playing become a big part of his character development. Watching him play those games was honestly one of my favorite parts of that arc.

Specifically, I liked the matches against that girl with the big eyebrows and runny nose.

Quote:
Greed Island was better.
Woah. Teppypoc pls, I know you really like it when characters get stuck in games, but come on, the villian guy of that arc was lame. You aren't allowed to have a different opinion than everybody else.
Old Today, 06:42 PM   #24892
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Hey runny nose is annoying, but otherwise that part has actually been interesting. Finally saw a fight at lunch! Knov lost his mind, but Morel fought the lion and that was cool. Things are slowly picking up (after 30 episodes).

Old Today, 06:59 PM   #24893
EliteShadowMan

Quote:
Hey runny nose is annoying, but otherwise that part has actually been interesting. Finally saw a fight at lunch! Knov lost his mind, but Morel fought the lion and that was cool. Things are slowly picking up (after 30 episodes).
What part is interesting, the game part? Weren't you just sarcastically excited a day or two ago about the King playing Gungi?
Old Today, 07:11 PM   #24894
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Quote:
What part is interesting, the game part? Weren't you just sarcastically excited a day or two ago about the King playing Gungi?
I was indeed sarcastically excited when he was beating world champions after reading the rules for ten seconds, then murdering them. Because that was stupid. It became interesting when this girl kept beating him though.

Old Today, 07:19 PM   #24895
EliteShadowMan

Quote:
I was indeed sarcastically excited when he was beating world champions after reading the rules for ten seconds, then murdering them. Because that was stupid. It became interesting when this girl kept beating him though.
Oh. When you made that comment, I figured he was already facing her in that. My bad.

Have about 6 episodes left in One Outs. This cheating ass team is getting mind fucked so hard by Tokuchi right now.

Finished K last night and thought it was a decent show. Liked it a lot in the beginning, and some of the plot twists were somewhat decent I guess, but the show doesn't really do anything all that amazing. Will watch the movie for it later tonight to see if that's any good.

Black Rock Shooter is getting pretty damn crazy. Didn't think the show would get so dark, although it is a little silly.