The Town

XxBlueSpade2xX

Anyone else seen it? I won't spoil anything, because it is worth seeing if you like bank robbing/action films. I thought the acting was really decent, especially from Renner. Affleck laid the Boston accent on a little thick, actually a lot of the characters did. But, it's a lot better than most of the drab that I've seen lately. Also, Ben Affleck impressed me with "Gone Baby Gone", but this film seemed to take way to many cues from Heat and other Michael Mann films. IMO.

What did you guys think?

I thought Gone Baby Gone was a really underrated film. The Town isn't at all like it, except it's based in a working class part of Boston.

This was a great movie. And it's about my town. I live near all the places. (Flower shop, laundromat, ironside bar, fenway, cambridge bank) I know guys like in the movie. They all hang out at the shit hole bar down the street from me. There are a TON of bank/ armored car robberies in the boston area every year. AND i've heard alot of people with boston accents 100x stronger than affleck's. So much so its hard to understand wat there saying.

Best line in movie- "All you care about is coke and xbox"

Edited by damtalldylan

This was a great movie. And it's about my town. I live near all the places. (Flower shop, laundromat, ironside bar, fenway, cambridge bank) I know guys like in the movie. They all hang out at the shit hole bar down the street from me. There are a TON of bank/ armored car robberies in the boston area every year. AND i've heard alot of people with boston accents 100x stronger than affleck's. So much so its hard to understand wat there saying.

Best line in movie- "All you care about is coke and xbox"

LMAO can't wait to hear that line.

LMAO can't wait to hear that line.

Yeah, that was particularly pointed for me. Seeing the Town with a buddy was my break from whorin' for the night during GSL. Decent movie, though, not brilliant (no self respecting Bostonian would even consider having a gun fight anywhere near Fenway), but a decent movie.

The movie is absolutely phenomenal and I recommend it to anyone! It seemed very reminiscent to the atmosphere of the movie 'Four Brothers', which I absolutely love as well.

Ben Affleck did a great job directing and acting, as did the other supporting actors. It's definitely an 'edge-of-your-seat' action movie. Good times!

One of the best movies in the past five years.

Is this the film with Chris Brown in it? I swear it was this film. Looks good though, I'll wait till I can find a better copy though, if you know what I'm saying.

No that's Takers I think

OT: I thought the film was pretty good, but i just found Ben Affleck funny when he was trying to be tough. It's a good film nonetheless and i would recommend it

Is this the film with Chris Brown in it? I swear it was this film. Looks good though, I'll wait till I can find a better copy though, if you know what I'm saying.

Is this what you are saying? http://10starmovies.com/Watch-Movies-Online/The_Town_2010/

Now kiddos, remember, watching movies for free is criminal and I don't endorse it. (; so don't do it.

Anyone else seen it? I won't spoil anything, because it is worth seeing if you like bank robbing/action films. I thought the acting was really decent, especially from Renner. Affleck laid the Boston accent on a little thick, actually a lot of the characters did. But, it's a lot better than most of the drab that I've seen lately. Also, Ben Affleck impressed me with "Gone Baby Gone", but this film seemed to take way to many cues from Heat and other Michael Mann films. IMO.

What did you guys think?

Haven't seen it yet but want to bad!