455 members have voted

1. 1. Gnasher or sawed off? (online)

• Gnasher
    • Sawed off

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sawed off users are pathetic. Unless theyre only using it for fun. But seriously, the Gnasher isnt hard to use, so people need to stop going for easy kills, because it's like one man army noobtubing on MW2. Everyone hates you.

This. Especially since frequently, like just OMA tubing in MW2 the individuals won't even bother to use their primary weapon the lancer/hammerburst but will souly use the Sawn-off.

lol ok so i put away my sawed off, and pull out my chainsaw.... no difference at all. People will still hide behind corners and get the cheap kills, it happens in every game.... and always has with gears. The Sawed Off has added nothing new in that department. Plus if it didn't kill in one shot, it would be utterly pointless unless they added two shells to the barrel

I'm disgusted at the amount of people complaining about it. I've been killed by the gnasher a lot more then I have the sawed off, thats for sure.

If it was such a noob friendly gun, then everyone would be dying by it, but its still the gnasher that nets the most kills, not the sawed off

True, camping with a chainsaw has always been a noob move but its pretty easy to avoid/hear (atleast with my X11's) The Sawned-Off however promotes such gameplay, the gun is only useless from point blank. Best way to use it then is either to bumrush and fallback if you fail, or to camp and wait for someone to attempt to counter you.

Ofcourse you have been killed by the Gnasher more, it is more widely used and also have far more potential to do damage than the Sawed-Off but instead it is done in a skill/dignified matter not simply getting as close as possible and pressing RT. Conflicts with the Gnasher are heart racing, both players using a mix of hipfire and aiming down the sights, bouncing of walls untill either one hits that sweet 1shot spot or downs the other; the Sawed lacks this.

You have missed the point of the argument the gun can still be a noob weapon without being a superior weapon as i dictate below.

The gun is cheap and a clear indiciation of Gears wanting to open the multipler up to 'new'/'bad' gamers. Its one almost always instant death shot generally allows the person to get 1 kill before that die due to lack of skill in other areas which i'm fine with.

I just did my Bronze with the SOS, and I will say that it really takes no skill WHAT SO EVER. No aiming, just run through any fire and bang another kill. It's the dumbest weapon in the game hands down and it was entirely unnecessary to add it. I will be getting my kills with this piece of shit in private matches, it's border line cheating using it public matches. Anyone claiming that it requires skill to use, you are just in denial, learn to aim, and active reloading, this gun needs neither.

I just hate the way the Sawn off is used. Run, shoot, get kill, run away. OR Run, shoot, miss, jump everywhere and run away, get active, run back at later time, get kill. Its just annoying when your shooting someone with any other gun and Bam...Sawn off instant kill. Best tactic so far is just aiming down with the gnash and backing up while they are rushing, its helped alot.

I agree its ruined the game for me.

gnasher, i've always used it so no need for the sawed-off. plus, i tried the sawed-off during the beta, it's good but it's not as satisfying to take people down with it as it is with th gnasher. plus you can never have the absolute hilarity of popping peoples heads off with a lucky blindfire shot lol, like today i got 2 super mans because of some lucky shit blindfire as someone was rolling towards me with a sawed-off. if it wasn't a sawed-off, it wouldn't have been as funny because at that range, it's more likely for me to get bodied with the sawed-off than to super man them. people who use the sawed-off will never have that reward. it's also quite useful if u have alot multiple enemies to deal with.

i noticed they changed the reticule of the sawed-off from 3/4 of the screen to a tiny dot like in the HB irons sights XD

I agree its ruined the game for me.

i wouldn't go that far, but it's now just a pointless weapon because the idea of it was to give the noobs a chance against people with gnashers, but now that doesn't matter since not every1 uses gnashers and the rifles arn't completely useless. but the main reason why it's pointless if because of the casual MP area. with that in the game, the only reason the sawed-off still exists is because it was already official. plus, the sawed-off execution is pretty sweet.

I just did my Bronze with the SOS, and I will say that it really takes no skill WHAT SO EVER. No aiming, just run through any fire and bang another kill. It's the dumbest weapon in the game hands down and it was entirely unnecessary to add it. I will be getting my kills with this piece of shit in private matches, it's border line cheating using it public matches. Anyone claiming that it requires skill to use, you are just in denial, learn to aim, and active reloading, this gun needs neither.

much agreed, im never using it in MP, only in horde or private VS with bots just to get the execution and onyx skin so that i dont bring the shame of using the noob tool in public upon my self.

Gnasher. Hated the Gnasher in GoW 1 & 2, but hate the sawed off even more in 3.

gow1 gnasher is almost exactly the same as the gow3 gnasher, only difference is in gow3 there's no bullet lag and the gnasher is more consistant. by consistant i mean there's no bullshit like when you shoot some1 at touching distance and they dont die, there's none of that with the gears 3 gnasher.

Using the Gnasher atm, I only have 2 kills with the DBS right now. It's not hard to keep the DBS at a distance, just hard aim with your gnasher if they are rushing at you and you'll down them in 2 or 3 shots. Problem solved.

or use the retro lancer, which IMO is more effective because it also slows them down alot so they cant dive about and run towards you.

I love the sawed off, but I definitely don't camp corners with it. I use it more for defense when someone else is rushing me with a shotgun, or I use it with the mantle kick to get a quick kill.

i like this guy, this is what the sawed-off was meant for, that's why epic put it in the game so that people who arn't so good with the gnasher could have a taste of what it's like to take people down in gears of war.

would you believe someone actually missed and got bodied when they mantle kicked me with the sawed-off a few days ago? XD idk who said this, might have been on another thread but what's really funny is to see people with the sawed-off miss the shot, and then make pathetic attempts to melee u and end up getting bodied or they panic as they try to reload and as they're shitting them selves running they get downed and executed rofl.

Edited by chainsawsquirrel

I've never seen so much rage an stupidity in one post before!

A perfect example of how to blend the two! Throw in a little cry baby thinking and u have a gem here! Nice!

I'm not sure what game you've been playing, but I'm seeing alot more wreckless sawed off rushing than I ever have with a gnasher. It's not hard given that the damn thing has nearly a full 180 degree frontal cone, you don't even have to aim the piece of shit, and it has a ridiculous instagib range. So what ever 'tactic' you're referring to goes right out the window.

All the sawed off is is Epics way of combining the 2 piece into a single button for those who couldn't manage doing it properly in the first two games.

You can try and defend it all you like, but when push comes to shove it's a cheap weapon, and majority of people only use it because it nets easy kills with little effort.

I've used both before, as I'm sure anyone on this site has. We have to use it for Seriously 3.0. So please, save your bullshit excuses for all the people sending you XBL hate mail calling you a noob. You're among friends here.

A perfect example of how to blend the two! Throw in a little cry baby thinking and u have a gem here! Nice!

Dude calm down, we are here to express our opinion on the weapons, dont start any arguments, everyone has their own opinions valid or not

if it's so stupid, then why is it stupid? it is a cheap weapon, people usually say 'if you let people get that close to you that's you're fault'. this is hardly the case all the time because people either corner camp or catch you when you're to preoccupied defending your self or killing some1 else, other wise they're a joke and are far from difficult to stop. IMO, i think it's best to facepunch/arm rip them when i get the chance just to show them how useless and pathetic that noob tool is. it does sometimes work lol, i see people changing their loadouts from SO to gnasher as a result.

plus, when you were saying about the "rage", do you actually know how annoying and humiliating it is to be taken down by some noob with a cheap weapon like that? as hot juicy pie said, it's blast cone is near 180 degrees. i do know (i think rod fergusson said this in an interview b4 the beta launched) that the bullet spread is actually 151 degrees. basically meaning if they're simply infront of you within range they'll be dead, and if they're lucky they'll be grazed by it if they're in range.

there are a few nice things about the gun tho. firstly it looks pretty cool because it's ur classic DBS with the break barrel reloading mechanism, and i love those. the execution is pretty sweet, even when there isn't much blood and gore, it looks nice. and thirdly the ability to take out multiple people in one shot with it. multi-kills with the sawed-off arn't cheap, they're just lucky and hilarious to watch XD

IMO, i think it's best to facepunch/arm rip them when i get the chance just to show them how useless and pathetic that noob tool is.

I do this every single time (if its safe) when i know the person has the Sawed-Off. I also fuck them in the ass like the bitch they are when they are downed. I'm not at all one for 'teabagging' and all that shit, but the Sawed-Off is an exception; the deserve all the humiliation they can get.

Sawed-Off is a bitch gun. Everyone knows it.

i officially despise the sawed-off now, sometimes it's all people use and they only ever move out of cover when they blast people with it, i got no problem with people rushing u with it because the retro lancer just owns them completely. what i've found recently quite annoying is some people just activing 24/7 with the gnasher to win gnasher fights, i can't stand that. it's almost as bad as using the sawed-off due to the fact that it's one hit down/gib most of the time. btw anyone notice how the mantle kick almost never works now? i mantle kicked somebody (the mantle kick icon even appeared as i did it) and it just volted over cover infront of him instead and ended up getting blasted instead >=O

I do this every single time (if its safe) when i know the person has the Sawed-Off. I also fuck them in the ass like the bitch they are when they are downed. I'm not at all one for 'teabagging' and all that shit, but the Sawed-Off is an exception; the deserve all the humiliation they can get.

Sawed-Off is a bitch gun. Everyone knows it.

It's in the game to be used, not to be seen as a decoration. I don't even use the sawed-off and absolutely rage when someone camping just pops out of their cover to kill me but in the end you have to accept the fact that it's in the game to be used.