Resident Evil 5 FAQ

DefJamV

Contents:

1. Do you think one of your achievements have glitched on you?

(all achievement related issues)

2. Have any questions about the shiny shiny things, aka Treasure?

(all treasure related questions)

3. Struggling to get the infinite ammo perk to unlock?

(all infinite ammo related issues)

4. No idea how to find that final, pesky badge? Or how to obtain a certain something?

(all collectable related issues)

5. Have any questions about how the difficulty system works in this game?

(all difficulty related issues)

6. Don't you have any questions that fit those specific criteria's?

(all other issues not covered in its own section)

7. Have a question which this FAQ hasn't answered, and hasn't been found through the search function?

Do you think one of your achievements have glitched on you?

Is there an achievement guide on this site?

No idea how you missed it, its stickied lol. Its right here: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=131409

I have shot the driver from the truck when i cross the bridge that is full of barrels, yet the Drive-by achievement didn't unlock!

This achievement can only be unlocked on the level where you fire from the back of the vehicle.

I have purchased all the weapons, yet the Stockpile achievement didn't unlock!

You need to find all three types of grenade's, and at least one proximity mine, and you also require to own every weapon at one given time. If you have purchased a weapon, sold it and then neglected to rebuy it, thinking you didn't have to, then you are wrong.

I have found all 4 types of egg, and yet the Egg Collector achievement didn't unlock!

In order to unlock this achievement you must have all 4 eggs in your posession at one time, you must also be in the organization screen.

Me and a my partner just killed a Majini with a 3-hit melee combo, yet The Works achievement did not unlock!

The only player who will get the achievement is the player that delivers the final blow.

Have any questions about the shiny shiny things, aka Treasure?

Oh i am so close to finding every treasure, but there is one or two that i cannot find, can you help?

No, but this guide can: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=133813

If i sell a piece of treasure, will it still count towards the achievement?

Yes it will, you do not need to have every piece of treasure at one time, it is not like the Stockpile achievement.

I cannot find that Marquise Diamond, there isn't a shiny object to shoot or anything!

Well, you have to shoot the large rock to the right of the weak bridge, the rock will fall and Chris can climb over the debri once he falls down, to reach the Diamond.

Struggling to get the infinite ammo perk to activate?

I have unlocked infinite ammo, and i have hosted/joined a game which has the infinite ammo option on, but it hasn't worked!

In order to have infinite ammo, you must first buy the infinite ammo option for a gun through the Bonus option in the Play Game menu. You then have to turn the infinite ammo option on through the Special option in the same menu. When you join a game, make sure you have the weapon you purchased the rights for infinite ammo in your loadout.

When i go to the Bonus Features option, there aren't any options for infinite ammo!?

To unlock the option for infinite ammo for a certain weapon, you must first have fully upgraded that weapon in the past.

Will i still earn achievements while using infinite ammo?

Yes, activating the infinite ammo perk does not affect achievements, that includes War Hero.

No idea how to find that final, pesky badge? Or how to obtain a certain something?

I cannot find the BSAA emblem's, i am simply not observant enough!

No worries, there are guides.

Video guide: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=131999

Text guide: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=131117

I cannot find that elusive oval topaz or *instert treasure here*. Can you help me please?

Sure, check this guide for detailed locations:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=133813

Can i quit a level as soon as i find the final badge i need? Or must i play through the level?

You can simply quit once you find a badge, however you will need to save. Incase you do not know how to force a save, simply reach a checkpoint and quit.

I cannot find the Gattling Gun/Longbow, where is it?

To unlock these guns you must first complete Chapter 6-1, then you must fully upgrade the Skorpion ZV61 for the Gattling Gun and S75 bolt action rifle for the Longbow.

I have S ranks for x amount of chapters on Amateur, however i also have S ranks for x amount of chapter on Normal, must i complete the remaining chapters on the difficulties mentioned above to unlock the figuirine?

No, an S rank is an S rank, the difficulty does not matter.

I have heard people talk about a game mode called "The Mercenaries". How do i unlock it?

To unlock The Mercenaries simply complete the game on any difficulty.

I have unlocked infinite ammo, yet when i buy a rocklet launcher, it dissapears after one shot.

In order to unlock the infinite rocket launcher you must have a total play time of under 5 hours for a single difficulty. Once you unlock the infinite RPG, you do not need to buy it from Bonus Features

Have any questions about how the difficulty system works in this game?

I played the game through on a low difficulty setting, if i start a new game on Veteran/Professional, will my equipment carry over?

Yes, the game even tells you that all current Equipment/Status will carry over when you attempt to start a new game!

Do the difficulty achievements stack, if i play through on Professional will i also unlock the achievements for Veteran, Normal and Amateur?

Yup, they sure do! You must beat Veteran to unlock Professional, although there are some ways around that...

I do not want to play through this game on Veteran, only to have to play it through again on Professional for the full 1000G. Is there a way to unlock Professional right away?

Yes, there is. Simply join a friends game who is on professional and complete the chapter, you should then be able to select the professional difficulty through chapter select afterwards.

Don't you have any questions that fit those specific criteria's?

I have upgraded the Skorpion's capacity to 200, the green bar is full yet i can upgrade it further, is this a glitch? Will the game ever recognize it as being fully upgraded? Am i doomed to never get the Crowd Control Achievement?

Do not worry, the Skorpion carries on to have a maximum capacity of 300 rounds, you will be able to get the Gattling gun and the achievement that follows ^.^

What is the fastest way to gain exchange points?

Well, the fastest way is to SS rank any stage on The Mercenaries, as this will net you 5,000 points in around 5-6 minuites. SS ranking The Mercenaries is no easy task, so here is some info on points earned through S ranking story chapters.

Amateur - 1,000 points

Normal - 1,500 points

Veteran - 2,000 points

Professional - 2,500 points

Another easy way to gain points is to constantly play through chapter 6-2, and use the rocket launcher to instantly kill that certain particular.

Have a question which this FAQ hasn't answered, and hasn't been found through the search function?

Well that depends, where is this so called "search function?

It is here:

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/2696/searchfunction.jpg

Yes!

Then well done, i am sure you will become a valuable member of this community, you may go ahead and make a topic regarding your question now!

Edited by DefJamV

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice FAQ, but you do realise that you can't even play professional mode until you've done Veteran, right?

So the whole 'If I play proffesional mode will my achievements stack?' one doesn't make sense.

Neither does playing through veteran/professional after playing through on a lower difficulty setting.

Hate to be picky, but it might stop some new players getting confused when they can't find professional mode.

Nice FAQ, but you do realise that you can't even play professional mode until you've done Veteran, right?

So the whole 'If I play proffesional mode will my achievements stack?' one doesn't make sense.

Neither does playing through veteran/professional after playing through on a lower difficulty setting.

Hate to be picky, but it might stop some new players getting confused when they can't find professional mode.

if you play co-op with someone who already has pro unlocked you can play with them & piggy back all of the difficulty achievements with them.

I was wonder9 slots are full u cant carry anything elseing if you sell ur weapons do u still get the stock pileing achievement because once those

no, I don't think so. You need to have one of every item in your inventory. When I bought all the guns I was missing a flash grenade in my actual inventory, but they were once in my inventory so I would assume you need to have them all at once.