New controller, or new thumbsticks?

x3cha0s

I picked up this controller from a mate just under 8 months ago, and it's just started doing something with the thumbsticks that I've ended up placing blame on wear-and-tear.

Whenever I nudge the left stick slightly to a 10- or 11-o'clock, it tends to keep sending that signal or something to the console even after releasing it, and only stops when I move it around. The same thing happens with the right stick, although it likes to do it on its own and only toward 12-o'clock.

I have an older controller for which I replaced the thumbsticks about a month after getting the new controller, and the thumbsticks work just fine, which leads me to believe that the problem lies in the controller.

Question is, should I replace the controller, or should I replace the sticks?

I picked up this controller from a mate just under 8 months ago, and it's just started doing something with the thumbsticks that I've ended up placing blame on wear-and-tear.

Whenever I nudge the left stick slightly to a 10- or 11-o'clock, it tends to keep sending that signal or something to the console even after releasing it, and only stops when I move it around. The same thing happens with the right stick, although it likes to do it on its own and only toward 12-o'clock.

I have an older controller for which I replaced the thumbsticks about a month after getting the new controller, and the thumbsticks work just fine, which leads me to believe that the problem lies in the controller.

Brilliant. Not to be a dick but really? Where else could the problem have been? lol. :p

This happens to all of my controllers, really quite annoying. The 360 should let you customize deadzones for your analog sticks, this problem would cease to exist if they did that. But then people wouldn't go out and buy new controllers so I guess that just won't happen.

You could always try replacing the sticks to see if it fixes it. Cheaper than buying a new controller.

Edited by Gackt

My controller does the same in the left thumbstick, kind of annoying but I've gotten used to it over the past two years. Wouldn't bother paying for it, like I said you get used to, and it becomes second nature to reset it back to the deadzone.