Its cheap for a reason

While i appreciate the artistic style of this game the camera gave me a headache after about 20 minutes of game time.

After turning the camera to steady the game suddenly begins to look quite budget.

Even for £17 i dont think this is worth a purchase. You can get through it in 3 hours and the online really isnt anything to write home about when you compare it to CoD, gears or halo.

The story is pretty run of the mill and theres no real progression gameplay wise. Enter a room; get in cover; burn through all your ammo; find another completely disposable weapon; repeat for 3 hours. If your after achievements and dont mind being bored for an afternoon its easy points; but i'd rent or borrow it.

As for the ending; personally i was overjoyed that there was no horrendous cutscene to endure.

The one plus point about this game is that online retailers are flogging it dirt cheap already; whereas some high street stores are still selling it for 40 quid. You can actually trade it in for more than you paid for it which cheered me up because i did feel that after playing it they should have paid me money for my time rather than the other way round.

I personally love the game, and just because there is not enough of it, doesnt make it shit. If you have a really nice slice of cake but want more it doesnt mean the cake was shit.

I wouldnt recommend this to anyone who doesnt intend on playing the story in online co-op, and to participate in online games and playing arcade mode, as that is the replay value for me. If you only played the story, solo, and made your judgements then you dont know shit, and dont get a say in how you think the game is. I did prefer the more uniqueness to the first games missions but these ones are just " shoot the bad guys " and I find that fun no matter how many times I do it, plus doing it naked, is just win.

I dont give a flying fuck about graphics, yeah the filters are abit lame but its fine once shakey cam is off, the guns feel and sound awesome and I love shooting them.

Obviously dont buy it if you are low on cash and have other major releases to get, but its definitely not a shit game.

All I wish is that I could play arcade mode in online co-op.

Edited by Kivlov

All I wish is that I could play arcade mode in online co-op.

You could just play a player match, right? Or are there going to be no AI? I wish there would be split-screen arcade mode. I also love how the OP doesn't mention the multi-player / arcade.

P.S. Lmfao at anyone who says this game is shit if you go straight through the campaign single player and not even trying the arcade/online.

I do agree that the campaign was very short, but i thought the game looked great. The way it looked as though a cell phone camera was recording it, the effect when looking at a street light and the blurred heads of people who had to much damage to their face.

Also the multilayer was something entirely new, very much unlike the copy and past online of many current shooters.(yes i know the first one had a very prehistoric version of this ones Fragile alliance, which was fixed tweaked, as-well more great game-types where added.) Also Im actually shocked that someone could say that the online is bad and then list call of duty as its superior, a game that is so blatantly broken.

At no stage did I call this game shit. Merely trying to get across the fact there is a very clear reason why it can be bought for a pittance for a fairly new release (forum users may just be interested in if its worth picking up for points)

Though i've got to respect you guys for insulting a post without reading it properly. Then trying to insult me further by making assumptions.

Top Work

If i was going to give the flipside to my comments I would also say that the online is something different from the norm. The game is extremely challenging on higher difficulty settings especially co-op. However if you want it just for achievement whoring you can pick up around 700 points with no boosting in about 3-4 hours.

As for the comment on the weapons, they are decent. I just prefer games where weapons can be customised towards whatever your preferences may be. Rather than treated as disposable as soon as the clip is empty.

Gotta agree with you here, the graphic design is a nice idea, but starts to get annoying after a while. The Story was short, but I enjoyed, and I also initially enjoyed playing Undercover Cop multiplayer mode. Then I ventured into Cops and Robbers, really wish I hadn't. This mode seems to be impossible to play, it's a constant stalemate, and people seem to rush around as if they're playing Modern Warfare 2 with Marathon + Lightweight. Maybe I'm juts having a bad time, but the multiplayer seems very flawed to me at the moment. Oh and this is after waiting 15 minutes to actually get a game started. -.- Glad I didn't pay the retail price is all I can say.

Edited by Stevo_safc
Typo.

thats probably why i won't 1000/1000 just because of those chieves, also gotta get the scum rank, online play does bring out the worst in people and it ends up not bein fun when people are truly freaking out... i mean come on it's a video game...people giving bad rep to traiters n such?!?

i'm on the last level solo extreme paused as we speak as i need 2 cigs and a valium...will sleep soundly when i get the xtreme chievo...what a bitch

worth every penny spent!

thats probably why i won't 1000/1000 just because of those chieves, also gotta get the scum rank, online play does bring out the worst in people and it ends up not bein fun when people are truly freaking out... i mean come on it's a video game...people giving bad rep to traiters n such?!?

i'm on the last level solo extreme paused as we speak as i need 2 cigs and a valium...will sleep soundly when i get the xtreme chievo...what a bitch

worth every penny spent!

That's the whole point in the game, how fun would it be to just get money over and over without suspense of the next person killing you?

i personally f@*&ing loved the shaky camera idea and the censored faces of dead people. i think i enjoyed the campaign on this game more than any other game ive played this year. and i only bought this in the first place because it was only 17sov's

It is cheap mostly because it is so short, I think. I hated the first game so this one surprised me. I think the graphics are spare, but better than a lot of other 3rd person shooters out there. If you can stomach the camera bouncing it looks very unique, in my opinion.

My favorite things about this game though, and the whole reason for my post is that I LOVE some of the precedents this game sets and think all other shooters should follow:

#1) NO COLLECTIBLES. I was able to play through the game and enjoy the shooting, story (however bad or plain it may be) and generally have a fun time with the game because I did not have to constantly consult a guide or run to some far away corner to pick up a shred of newspaper or a diamond bullet or some nonsense.

DEVELOPERS, LEAVE THE COLLECTIBLES TO GAMES LIKE ALAN WAKE, WHERE IT MAKES SENSE. I love that this game has none.

#2) Short length. For this type of game (fast-paced, shoot everyone) a long slog would have made me like it less.

#3) Fun multiplayer. All three game types are fun and the arcade mode lets you level up offline (ok, this is also done by Tom Clancy games and others but I still like it) and also get to know the maps.

-Also, I like all the Heat-like (the movie) scenarios and heists. Every multiplayer map is unique which is surprising.

#4) Achievements are fun, a welcome change as of late.

There are plenty of things wrong with this game and in fact I don't even plan on keeping it long--too many better games coming out--but I thought I'd defend the aspects of it I appreciated.

Totally agree with buttmudbrooks :)

I'm playing through the co-op at the moment with a mate and we're having a blast. The game is a no frills duck and cover shooter which is just the sort of game I was looking for after recently finishing a massive Fallout 3 session.

I love the art style and think the graphics look brilliant. Loads of fun for a cheap price so nice little bargain.

Well, I can see why some hate this game. However -

I for one am satisfied with having bought it. I had a great time playing the co-op with my brother, and multiplayer is as fun as the first was. Unfortunately, just like the first one, it's also plagued by quitters, but what can you do. I'm divided about the graphics, the unique look sets a cool and different atmosphere, but it has it's draw backs - like trying to spot the SWAT guys in the dark. (Then again, you'd expect SWAT troops to be hard to spot in the dark, right?) ShakyCam can be disabled, BTW. The story may be simple but it's well executed, and let's be honest, you don't expect Shakespeare when playing a FPS. And big points to the brilliant voice acting of two of the most memorable game characters ever!

And just like buttmudBrooks, I'm also happy about the absence of collectibles. Those ruined the flow of game in MW2 and Ao2:TFD.