Free Arcade Games List

Not x360a

Here's a list of free Arcade games seeing as the free downloads thread isn't very active. Please note this is for games/arcade games only.

Arcade Games:

Aegis Wing

Pinball FX 2 - Available October 13

GFWL:

Tinker - To download you must install the Games for Windows Live client, once completed login with your Windows Live ID associated with your Gamertag. Look for Tinker and download it, once done you start up Tinker and again sign in.

Other:

Halo Waypoint - Halo Waypoint is a new destination for Halo fans on Xbox LIVE. Stay current with the latest Halo news and activities, and access to content ranging from interviews and trailers to exclusive video footage and community content. Halo gamers can also progress through an all-new Career path tied to in-game accomplishments across multiple Halo games. Waypoint is a dynamic experience that grows and expands as new content gets added regularly.

Guitar Hero VIP Pass - Stay up to date with all things Guitar Hero® and Band Hero®, including all-new downloadable hits and classic tracks to expand your music library.

Rock Band Music Store - The Rock Band Music Store is a new, easier way for you to find your favorite tracks and discover new music for Rock Band, LEGO® Rock Band, and The Beatles: Rock Band on Xbox LIVE. Browse, preview, and download your favorite tracks and track packs for your favorite Rock Band game in an easy-to-navigate interface. Easily sort through hundreds and hundreds of available tracks to build your ultimate setlist!

Destination Arcade - This application is for recommending games to friends, finding cool games in a fun and intuitive way and to celebrate the awesomeness that is Xbox LIVE Arcade.

*Note not all of these items may be downloadable according to specific region area.

Any of these games have achievements? I thought M$ make the developers charge for the games/DLC if it has achievements.

Also good effort for putting this together :-).

The first 3 (Aegis Wing, Pinball, and Tinker) do have achievements. The rest don't.

Well, I'm assuming Pinball does. Not positive.

And I hate how Microsoft does that, I want free L4D dlc.

Pinball FX 2 free?

Based on the description, it sounds like if you already own Pinball FX then you can get the second one free (and I'd imagine it'd cost for everyone else.)

The "Other" category isn't really Arcade games at all too.

Just sayin'. They're just easier ways of browsing available DLC content.

So, pretty much the only actual "free XBLA game" available is Aegis Wing, as Dash of Destruction was taken down a bit back, and Yaris before that.

EDIT:

I found this from Joystiq:

It arrives as part of Microsoft's new Game Feast promotion, a Summer of Arcade-caliber lineup taking place during the holiday season. Instead of giving it the usual sequel treatment, Zen Studios is considering Pinball FX 2 as a platform -- like Hasbro Family Game Night, the "game" can be downloaded free of charge. It won't include any tables, but you'll be able to import all of your original Pinball FX content, free of charge, and add new tables via custom content packs.

Source:

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/08/31/pinball-fx-2-preview-the-pinball-youve-known-all-your-life/

Edited by Starstrukk X360A

While the list in the first post might not be updated, people are continually posting new stuff in it. Just saying.

Not really. Most new posts are just repeats of what someone else posted a page before or are somewhere along the lines of "cool, free stuff" or "thank you for the thread." I'll admit that I have seen 1 or 2 free things posted in that thread that I haven't seen in more up-to-date threads, but once or twice isn't very much :p

If you add pinball FX2 you could add Family game Night and Game room as well since they are basicly free but you have to purchase the playable content in it.

What about Hexic btw.? Is it downloadable from the marketplace?

And actually I think Halo Waypoint and Lips Musicstore and stuff are no games!

• 9 months later...
its weird, but a few days ago ( maybe longer i haven't checked ) Hexic HD became free. I already had it when i bought my console and accidentally deleted it, but it weren't free when i tried to download it again a while back, but now it is... Strange

Someone told me Hexic came free on your xbox, but I dont think i ever got it on mine. But if you deleted yours, you can always call microsoft :)

Someone told me Hexic came free on your xbox, but I dont think i ever got it on mine. But if you deleted yours, you can always call microsoft :)

It does, and is on the marketplace finally.

Also, to answer your earlier question, Dash of Destruction and Harms Way are both free XBLA games that have really easy achievements.

I'm reviving this thread!! Anyone know any free or low price arcade games that have acheivements? So far I have Aegis Wing and Doritos Crash Course

It does, and is on the marketplace finally.

Also, to answer your earlier question, Dash of Destruction and Harms Way are both free XBLA games that have really easy achievements.

Harms Way (which, by the way, should have an apostrophe. It hurts my OCD...) is still available and free, but Dash of Destruction is no longer available on the marketplace (at least not in the U.S.).

Harms Way (which, by the way, should have an apostrophe. It hurts my OCD...) is still available and free, but Dash of Destruction is no longer available on the marketplace (at least not in the U.S.).

Dash of Destruction is no longer listed, however it is still on their server. So if you have previously downloaded it, you can go to you Download History and download it again. Same goes for Yaris. And since both are free, I believe there is no DRM on them like regular Arcade Games.

Dash of Destruction is no longer listed, however it is still on their server. So if you have previously downloaded it, you can go to you Download History and download it again. Same goes for Yaris. And since both are free, I believe there is no DRM on them like regular Arcade Games.

Thanks guys!! I downloaded Hexic HD and Harms way last night \(^.^)/ and BOOOO for taking away some of the free games! :(