The Red Hood - in a sequel?

Almsivi

I'm sure this has been talked about hundreds of times already, about the mysterious picture of The Red Hood, seen here:

http://www.forumla.de/attachments/sony-ps3-forum/115352d1321994112-batman-arkham-city-red_hood_arkham_city_by_thesix-d3ao83z.jpg

What I was thinking, or merely wondering is, will we be seeing The Red Hood in what seems likely, an upcoming sequel?

I'm pretty sure that there won't be any more DLC or so for Arkham City after Harley Quinn's Revenge, since it's almost been a year since the game's release, and there hasn't been any hints of it either, but I've always kept my hopes up for a The Red Hood appearance, or some story sequences.

If I remember correctly, if you listen to The Joker's interview tapes, he talks about one of his more famous origin stories, from the graphic novel "The Killing Joke" by Alan Moore, as he was dressed out as The Red Hood, falling into the pit of chemicals, turning him into The Joker.

What I thought, if they, Rocksteady, took their time putting that in the game, wouldn't it make sense to include The Red Hood story arc in the actual game, or at least through a seperate DLC?

Or perhaps put The Red Hood in the spotlight for a couple minutes in a possible sequel? - Some thoughts would be very appreciated!

The next game is supposed to be set back in the silver age long before the concept of Jason Todd existed so we will see.

Where did you hear that?

Otherwise, the Robin in the Arkham series is supposed to be Tim Drake, so it's likely that, or a possibility, Jason Todd has already become the "new" Red Hood shown in the picture above.

Where did you hear that?

Otherwise, the Robin in the Arkham series is supposed to be Tim Drake, so it's likely that, or a possibility, Jason Todd has already become the "new" Red Hood shown in the picture above.

I heard about the silver age idea from this website as a possibility for the next game (a prequel more than a sequel). As far as a game in the future having Jason Todd as Red Hood, that would be great. It would also be great to see Dick Grayson (voice acting included, not just challenge maps) destroy Jason Todd again as he has a few times in the series, most recently in Battle for the Cowl.There are so many great ideas from the originals and the New 52 that would be great for the series as long as it doesn't oversaturate the market. Jason Todd's Red Hood in the New 52 is more of an anti-villian more so than a hero. Also, Red Hood during this videogame series makes a better villian as Tim Drake is currently Robin and Damien Wayne is not like in the New 52. I can't wait to find out though!

The 2010 The Red Hood film was phenomenal. I did like the Joker version but the whole Sidekick vs. Master vibe just gets my adrenaline pumping. It'd be sweet if you could choose sides, and have an alternate to the norm. Imagine a brutal version, being able to properly kill enemies and have even more variety. After all, The Red Hood saw Batman's techniques as weak, that he wasn't doing enough to bring justice to Gotham and so would outright kill.

I'd like it. I don't see how Rocksteady could go wrong, they are absolute geniuses and I have absolute faith in there game making abilities. Haven't let us down so far, have they?

Edited by Akatsuki Sensor

The 2010 The Red Hood film was phenomenal. I did like the Joker version but the whole Sidekick vs. Master vibe just gets my adrenaline pumping. It'd be sweet if you could choose sides, and have an alternate to the norm. Imagine a brutal version, being able to properly kill enemies and have even more variety. After all, The Red Hood saw Batman's techniques as weak, that he wasn't doing enough to bring justice to Gotham and so would outright kill.

I'd like it. I don't see how Rocksteady could go wrong, they are absolute geniuses and I have absolute faith in there game making abilities. Haven't let us down so far, have they?

I agree, mixing things up in similar fashion of your ideas wouldn't be so hard for Rocksteady to pull off!

It would be great to at least see the Red Hood in this new Batman Arkham era of videogames, and that Rocksteady took some ideas from both Battle of the Cowl comics and The Red Hood movie - would be an excellent setting in my opinion!