Resident Evil 4 HD Leaderboards Discussion

crispykiller96

This is for people who want to get high rank on the speedrun Leaderboards

Please post any helpful tips links guides here you can share to other site users about the best strategy best routes tips puzzle help ect

Also feel free to post you're best time and don't forget to mention what difficulty you were playing and any hardships you had so the other site users can get the best out of there runs. :Bounce:

Thanks

Joe

Last time I checked:

NORMAL run: Worldrank #25 with 03:46'37''

NORMAL run: Worldrank #77 with 02:26'26'' (NEW GAME+)

PRO run: Worldrank #321 with 09:12'22'' (no Speedrun!)

Seperate Ways: Worldrank #80 with 01:30'22'' (was more a Semi-Speedrun)

Seperate Ways: Worldrank #53 with 00:46'22'' (NEW GAME+)

What I did (NORMAL):

-Collected treasures that were right on the way/path.

-At the house ambush I chose Gate #2 with El Gigante.

-For the puzzles, I memorized them all.

-Used the Rocket Launcher for every boss-fight (mandatory).

-For Krauser I used Knife only.

-Avoided fights with Ganados/Las Plagas wherever I can.

-Used Flash Grenades when I got overrun and rushed to the next area.

-Used Special Costume #2 for Ashley's Knight armor.

Oh btw if everyone thought I had no more items in the end, on the contrary (right before Saddler):

-31.100 PTAS

-Blacktail (50% upgraded)

-Striker (no upgrades)

-Rifle (semi-auto) (50% upgraded)

-Rocket Launcher 1x

-Incendiary Grenade 3x

-Flash Grenade 2x

-Hand Grenade 4x

-Green Herbs 5x

-Mixed Herbs 4x

-First Aid Spray 5x

No offense but I don't think many will post in here since 95% of the users in here are in for completion not speedruns. :)

Edited by JuSt BLaZe

Your speedruns don't count after a new game. I completed it 4 hrs and 14 mins and it didn't register. Still says 13 hrs for my first run. Save your time.

Haha I should have told you this before. I've noticed so after I tried my Semi-Speedrun with Ada in Separate Ways with 59 minutes, fail cause it was a New Game+.

So does your speedrun not get recorded on a New Game+? Because it would seem obvious to just speedrun with the P.R.L.

NOPE, no New Game+. This makes things a lot more interesting. Yo everybody in here take a good look at the TOP OF THE LEADERBOARDS it says

LEADERBOARD "NEW GAME ONLY"

My times still count though. :p

Um.. I didn't look at the top right before I done a new game + the first time and after I got all happy and it said "Upload Data to leaderbaords?" I exited to the boards menu and seen my time was still 13hrs.

Yeah weird, why they even asking "UPLOAD TO LEADERBOARD" if you're on a New Game+.

Haha I should have told you this before. I've noticed so after I tried my Semi-Speedrun with Ada in Separate Ways with 59 minutes, fail cause it was a New Game+.

NOPE, no New Game+. This makes things a lot more interesting. Yo everybody in here take a good look at the TOP OF THE LEADERBOARDS it says

LEADERBOARD "NEW GAME ONLY"

My times still count though. :p

thats strange i ran through professional with the prl lazer gun thing from my same save and after i finished the game it said upload to leaderboards which i did then after messing around with the leaderboards settings i found myself 130th something in the world do you mean it has to be a full new game from scratch to get into the leaderboards as i used my professional save went through and was ranked in the leaderboards :woop:

Some things I did: When you first come to Pueblo try to kill as many Ganados as possible. This will save time because otherwise you would have to wait 7 minutes for the bell to ring. At the end of Chapter 2-2 where you have to survive the ganado assault shoot the windows open so luis can start killing ganados. Take the items and position yourself at the top of the stairs killing everything coming up. After some time Luis comes running up the stairs. Go down the stairs about half way and keep killing everything. Luis can take care of the ganados using the Ladders all by himself if you manage to let no one coming up the stairs.

im hoping i can get a better rank then 140th in the world i have the infinite rocket launcher now and the laser gun i killed most enemies with the laser gun as it shoots at everything but if i dont shoot i can maybe run by them i need a hell of a lot more health items though and the merchant will only allow 1 first aid spray in my inventory :-(

I got a time of 3:41 something on Pro New Game. Was Rank 15 the last time i looked. About 3:30 on Normal. But 3 hrs is possible for me i think. Going to give it a try in the future.

Beheaded Dragon use the EDIT button on the lower right corner of your post next time to edit your post instead of a tripple post, that's against the forum rules.

Oh btw WELCOME TO THIS SITE & nice time with your pro run though!

some people just dont know what there talking about

and some people post nonsens messages in every second forum without giving any explanation at all just to push their post count...

@JuSt BLaZe

Sorry for the Triple Post. It wont happen again ;)

Edited by Beheaded Dragon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Leaderboards - New Game only

Main Game

PROFESSIONAL

#82 | Siefors | 3:09:58 I'm in the best 0,38% YAY

Leaderboards - All

Separate Ways

NORMAL

#75 | Siefors | 0:33:23

Leaderboards - All

Main Game

PROFESSIONAL

#101 | Siefors | 2:06:28

I've learned a lot from gamefaqs, video walkthroughs and experience. :)

First speedrun I did on Main Game - New Game only was 6 hours, second speedrun 4:30:~~, third 3:40:~~ and at last I came close to 3 hours. Don't pick up unneccesary amounts of ammo, pick up plenty grenades and flash grenades and treasures as long as you don't deviate from your goal too much. It's wise to use typewriters.

Edited by Siefors

• 2 weeks later...