Considering buying this game.

keli1989

I got the demo and i died once on my first playthrough.

can anyone who has played the game tell me if it is too hard or if the demo is too easy.

I am probably going to buy this game but i don't know what to expect, i never really played these when i was younger and i don't know if it is to hard for me.

Thanks in advance.

Well, it depends. If you are going for the achievments, you can have a bad experience since the last two are pretty difficult. If you want it just for fun, the game is not that hard.

Of course, if you change the difficulty settings, it can get pretty hard. Not as hard as Ikaruga, but still hard. But since you have unlimited continues, you can still beat it in hard, but that's not the idea i suppose.

I'm not very good at this kind of games, though I managed to beat the game without continues in normal mode.

If you're not used to this kind of game, it's going to seem very hard. And it's a lot harder than games like Omega Five, for example. But even at its most frustrating, this game is incredibly addictive and fun. Even for me, a longtime shooter fan, this game provides a big challenge. Or i mean "shmup" games, or whatever people call the genre now. I'm still part of the oldschoolers that always called these games "shooters," long before FPS games existed (and took the name away, haha).

yeah i have no problem with the difficulty per say.

But i just wanted to know if you could get some achievements.

I don't want a game with 15g or something similar.

I think the achievements in DOA were really difficult and i can't get the survival ones but i still love the game.

I played the demo and it was really enjoyable but was just wondering if the game suddenly gets super hard on you.

Guess it doesn't, thanks guys.

At first, it'll seem like the achievements are mostly insane. But just make sure to play on Easy, and you'll be fine. Like with any shooter, you'll get better and better as you play and learn the patterns. Ten out of the twelve achievements can be done on Easy difficulty setting, so eventually it'll get to the point where those ten are all within reach. You can also change the lives and bombs in the options, and the achievements will still unlock. Just don't use level skip.

Only the last two achievements require you to play on harder difficulties, and almost no one has those. Only the best of the best hardcore Japanese players, for the most part. I've been a shooter fan all my life, but I'm horribly out of practice. I just started playing video games again when I got my XB360, after a hiatus of more than five years. In that time, my shooter skills got rusty. Not to mention I missed a lot of the awesome and really difficult ones that came out for PS2 in Japan.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 11 months later...