Freezing

Vile Denial

I've just come across this problem while trying to get all the collectables. I've collected about 90%, but now when I try to zone anywhere, the game gets to the 't' in Wolfenstein, and the system just hangs. I've tried replaying different missions, or zoning from any exit of Midtown East.

By the looks of things, 1 or 2 other people are having this problem too. Disc is clean and unscratched, and the game is installed to the hard-drive. I've also reinstalled it (just in case).

I've tried loading a few earlier saves, including from the beginning of the previous mission (which was the Hospital).

Anyone else encounter this problem? I don't particularly want to restart, and from what I read, another person restarted and encountered the same problem again.

*Edit* Tried without the game installed, and have the update. Still happens.

Edited by Vile Denial

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant even play SP or MP from the Main Menu. I press Start and it freezes. The only way i can play MP is if someone invites me to a game then i back out of that and go directly to the Main Xbox Live menu and do QuickMatch or FInd Game. It's currently impossible to play SP.

:eek: :wtf

i say you try to return that shit or sumthin ur disc has got to be messed up

Yea Im having the same problem I dont know what to do. I just finished beating the geist queen and when i load to downtown it freezes on me at the T in wolfenstein it pisses me off. I dont want to restart the game is there a easier way to fix this stupid problem? I'll redo castle but I dont wanna completely start over that would suck.

...same Problem here, but only in my last savegame. I´ve gone to trainstation again from midtown to collect the last gold in that level. If I load a "trainstation savegame" the game freezes at the "T" but if I load a save from midtown, everything looks great - till I collect another goldbag....

The radio towers mission is giving me the same problem. When I try to go to the radio station. I get so far not always at the same save point Box crashes. It just doesn`t want me to finish the game.

A lot people are complaining this is happening all the time with the pc version too. Thanks unreal engine...

Ok so now i know its NOT my xbox thats bad, but its the game itself! gosh i was really counting the day to when this game came out, but its been nothing but headaches! i just wanna finish the achievements and sell this game. right now im trying to get all the gold but the game freezes at the letter T of Wolfenstein! this is really annoying!!!!!!

I completed the game yesterday and didn`t encounter one freeze the entire time, but now I`m having issues.

I wanted to get all the tomes and the last one I need is in the Castle level, but everytime I ride the elevator up to the top of the castle and I get the loading screen, it`ll only load as far as the second E in 'Wolfenstein'. It crashes in exactly the same spot everytime and I`ve done all the things you guys have tried, but to no avail.

I was going to do a speedy runthrough to get the remaining intel and gold I needed, but I don`t think I`ll bother now.

This seems to be a pretty serious and widespread bug. Patch anytime now. I managed to finish the game on uber and then I decided to go back and replay train station to get the no reloading achievement and it locks up on loading, right at the t in wolfenstein as mentioned already in the thread. So then I decided I'd try and do the radio station missions I skipped and it locks up going to downtown. I played through the entire game without a single freeze, now this? Strange. Tried clearing the cache, no help, reading the thread I guess I won't try reinstalling to the hd since that didn't help someone else. LAME.

Sounds far too widespread to be a disk drive problem I'm afraid.I really hope you guys can get past it and it is fixed.The state of some recently released games is really getting beyond a joke now :(

And now some companies want to raise their prices.Personally I think anything made by microcrap,they should pay us to use it

Im playing 3 times in Wolfenstein for collectables and when i have 80-90% of all, im freezing on Midtown, Castle, Church,etc :/. Tested on X360 and PC version - same error

Yeah I heard that PC users also are having these issues.Really hope they are sorted and that I don't run into too many as I really like the single player so far yet my only foray into MP was 3 matches of disasters :/