Knives Chau DLC Achievement Guide

Been using this website for a while, here's my first (crappy) achievement guide, will look up adding pics in a bit.

1) Speed Run (20G):

Cleared the game in 90 minutes or less with Knives

You really don't want my help with this do you?

I managed to get her from level 1 to 16, max stats etc using the Konami Code exploit and clear the game and got this achivement without trying for it, so focus on it, should be easily doable.

2) It's all in the reflexes (10G):

Catch a flying object at least 25 times with Knives.

Can be done in 2 player Battle Royale (2nd controller needed). Use Player 2 to throw stuff at Player 1 and use B to catch.

Knives MUST be at Level 4 to do this. She won't have the Catch move otherwise.

Can be done in Single Player, harder method of doing this though.

3) Ninja Somersault (20G):

Perform at least 10 consecutive head stomps successfully with Knives.

Use Survival Horror Mode for this one (accessed via cheat code at the title screen, and then locate Survival Horror Mode in Extra Game Modes.) Kill between 90 to 100 zombies, and try to make them gather at the base of the screen, then go nuts (head stomp is the one where you press Y in mid-air, keep pressing it to keep performing head stomps).

Method posted by Exu:

Go to second battle with Gideon (Gigadeon) and then once the second phase of the fight begins, run up and stomp him ten times.

Edited by NoMansLand 666

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does the 90 minutes have to be done in a single sitting, or can you quit out and resume later and it'll pick up where it left off?

I would imagine it all has to be done in one sitting, and it very easily can be. The patch seems to drastically cut the health of enemies, so it doesn't take near as long to kill everything.

I got it today, going from Lvl. 1 Knives to beating Gideon. As long as you're not terribly slow and use Subspace shortcuts when you can, you should be fine to make it in the 90 minutes.

On a semi-related note, I don't know if they just want you to beat all 7 bosses in 90 minutes (a la One Man Army), or if they want you to go from the very first level to the very last, in order, in 90. Either way, it's easy.

Better and faster method for Ninja Somersault: Go to second battle with Gideon (Gigadeon) and then once the second phase of the fight begins, run up and stomp him ten times. Easy.

I can't get this to work at all. Every time I try, I get in 8 hits before he either backs up out of reach or attacks me. Never fails, exactly 8 hits, he backs up.

Doing it in Zombie mode is pretty much impossible too, because no matter how many zombies gather up, one stomp will hit multiple zombies, knocking them all over and clearing out the entire area around me.

Is there some other place to do this? Because this achievement is looking pretty impossible at the moment.

EDIT: and of course I get it right after posting this. Looks like it's easier to keep your chain if you stick to the bottom right, where his attacks can't reach.

Edited by SuperHappy

I can't get this to work at all. Every time I try, I get in 8 hits before he either backs up out of reach or attacks me. Never fails, exactly 8 hits, he backs up.

I've had the same problem. I get up to 9 hits, then he either attacks or backs away, breaking my chain. So I'm really not seeing how it can be done with Gigadeon.

Does the 90 minutes have to be done in a single sitting, or can you quit out and resume later and it'll pick up where it left off?

Just tested, and it definetly has to be done in one sitting. Trying the "One Man Army" method now.

*EDIT*

Yeah, after testing it, it looks like the One Man Army method doesen't work for Speed Run. I had to play from start to finish in one sitting to get it to pop.

Edited by Liquid-X

Doing it in Zombie mode is pretty much impossible too, because no matter how many zombies gather up, one stomp will hit multiple zombies, knocking them all over and clearing out the entire area around me.

Not impossible in Zombie mode, took me 2 attempts (died doing stupid stuff the first time) and got it the second, you really need to get a big row of them down the bottom to keep going for 10 though. Took me 5 or so minutes, it's just persisting with it.

I did it with two pads. Start the first level, go forward and take out the first two goons and bring back a dustbin or two to the start of the stage, where the screen won't scroll.

Now, have the dummy character hold the bin just in front of Knives, and try to get a rhythm down of pressing Y on the holder's pad, and B on the catcher's pad just after. It'll take a few goes and then it should click, and you can pass it back and forth.

You should be able to get the timing down by looking at the sprites. When I did it, they were just far enough apart that I could press B just as the trash can was leaving the other character.

I got it on Gigadeon first pop, hence me posting it. But you can always come back to the stage to retry it a lot quicker than retrying the Zombie Survival method.

I finally got it to pop through Gigadeon. Thing is, it was only thanks to sheer luck that I was able to pull it off. Basically, after getting smacked away from Gigadeon, I was able to bounce back twords him in such a way that I was high enough to avoid being hit by any subsequent attacks, thus allowing me to finally pull it off.

However, I wouldn't recomend using Gigadeon as a way of getting it, as it seems to rely way to much on luck to actually pull it off.

So for Speed Run, if I fail to make it through in 90 minutes...can I take my now leveled-up Knives back to Level 1 and just start all over again. Or am I screwed?

I know on the PS3 site, they suggest that you use a money glitch, level Knives all the way up and restart the game, so I assume you can just do that.

I'm not sure why, but I think the Gigagideon method might work better if you have a second controller signed in, perhaps to take some of the focus off you somehow...don't ask me, but I followed this video of the PSN version (other than that I selected Average Joe), and got it on my first try.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1oQL8X0FHM]YouTube - Scott Pilgrim The Game: Easy Ninja Somersault Trophy[/ame]

Okay so I had to rerun Speed Run anyway so I got Ninja Somersault while I was at it and fair enough, this time Gigadeon was a douche and moved back after I'd done seven or eight a few times. Eventually he behaved himself though.

You can get it so he shoots the red skulls from his heart with you below them, still able to stomp his arm.

Well that sucks. Does it matter if you did it with co-op?

And did you just go through every single level in the game or only the boss levels?

Thanks for the response!

Well the achievement description does state with Knives only, so I would assume it means single-player only. I ran through the entire game in it's entirety considering I had yet to begin the game with Knives.

Well the achievement description does state with Knives only, so I would assume it means single-player only. I ran through the entire game in it's entirety considering I had yet to begin the game with Knives.

It doesn't state only with knives though. I'm gonna test it with my sis later with the same character code