Issue with liberating provinces

Darunia

There's something I really don't get in this game. Lately, every time I try to liberate a settlement for the Guerilla, I get offered to do side missions instead. Literally every guy only has the side mission text above his head. I can do every mob villa mission no problem, but the other type just doesn't work. I've only done a handful so far and completed 7 main missions fyi.

What's causing this? Haven't I advanced far enough in the story? Is this a bug? I don't get it. Weird thing is that yesterday I could do a couple of these and then every point just switched back to being a side mission.

wtf is this

edit: i just went back and read some older topics... is it true that an island needs to be red on the map for the takeovers to activate? that guy said I basically need to progress through the story more. please confirm/deny anyone :)

Edited by Darunia

• 5 months later...
There's something I really don't get in this game. Lately, every time I try to liberate a settlement for the Guerilla, I get offered to do side missions instead. Literally every guy only has the side mission text above his head. I can do every mob villa mission no problem, but the other type just doesn't work. I've only done a handful so far and completed 7 main missions fyi.

What's causing this? Haven't I advanced far enough in the story? Is this a bug? I don't get it. Weird thing is that yesterday I could do a couple of these and then every point just switched back to being a side mission.

wtf is this

edit: i just went back and read some older topics... is it true that an island needs to be red on the map for the takeovers to activate? that guy said I basically need to progress through the story more. please confirm/deny anyone :)

Confirmed. Each main story mission you do destabilizes some provinces and turns them red on the map. You can only liberate them when they are red, if they are still blue then they're firmly under government control.