Game of the Week: July 1-7 (GRID 2)

Grifter Reborn

List of sessions hosted by staff:

Hosted by staff member, Hayden:

Sessions available on Monday (July 1st) and Tuesday (July 2nd) 21.00-23.30. (GMT) BAR4D will be hosting with me. My friends list is full, so people need to message me on xbox live saying they are from the site.

Hosted by staff member, Xerofox:

Times for my sessions (GMT+1)

July 2nd (Tuesday): 19:00 - 20:00

July 7th (Sunday): 18:00 - 21:00

End times may vary on how much ass I'm kicking, jk

Hosted by staff member, Grifter Reborn:

Any questions regarding my sessions, please let me know. I'm located in the U.S. Central Time Zone.

Tuesday July 2nd:

• 6:30pm
  • 9:30pm

Wednesday July 3rd:

• 7:30pm
  • 9:30pm

Friday July 5th:

• 10:00pm

Hosted by staff member, Creech:

I will be hosting lobbies on Thursday (July 4th) 0500-1000 PT, with a small break in there for food. Friday (July 5th) will be two sessions, 0800-1000 and 1300-1500. I am in the Pacific Time Zone.

Hosted by staff member, DEG23:

I'll be hosting a number of sessions over the weekend (July 6th & 7th.) The following times are in AEST so please calculate accordingly.

Saturday July 6th:

• 10.30am
  • 9.00pm

Sunday July 7th:

• 9.30am
  • 2.00pm

If you are interested in joining one of these sessions in pursuit of the shiny GRID2 award please let me know a little in advance, preferably by posting your GT in this thread to make it easier for me to confirm who joins:)

Hosted by staff member, Nozza x360a:

UK Lobby!

Just to confirm. I'll be back in the UK from my holiday on the morning of July 7th (Land at 7am). I'll then be online at the times listed below and for anyone that wants to join, have a few races and be legible for the award please PM me here with your GT or over XBL with a message.

I'm sorry that it's only one day, but it's obviously the best I can do ;)

Times the lobby will be open (UK GMT +00).

Sunday 7th

10:00 - 22:00 - (may vary slightly)

Note: Please don't send me anything over RaceNet. I never check/use it. If a FR is needed I have plenty of room on my list to add anyone.

Edited by Grifter Reborn
As needed

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://lasvegas.informermg.com/files/2013/06/Grid-2-Art.jpg

Normally I would start typing some stuff here to get you all excited about playing this game with your fellow site members. Not this time. I have a picture worth a thousand words to get your motor running:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/images/awards/game-grid2-64.png

Do you think that will look great in your award showcase? Then it's time to earn that sexy badge of honor! Yes our game of the week for July 1st - 7th is GRID 2! We're proud of our achievement list and we want you to show everyone you just played this great game with us!

How do I get this lovely award?

There are 2 criteria, get the original 1000 Gamerscore and participate in a Community Gaming session for GRID 2. As in, this one. ;)

Will there be only one session?

Staff members will be creating multiple sessions throughout the week for you to join. We officially now have a session for every day! Keep an eye on this thread and let us know when you're wanting to participate by posting in this thread. If you are joining a session over XBL, make sure you tell the host you are from x360a.

Which sessions will be for the award?

The ones hosted by staff members. Keep an eye on the next post for updates regarding available times hosted by our staff.

Is this week my only chance?

No. There will be future events available. This is simply the first. :)

Who do I have to play a match with to get credit for participation?

Staff members. Only staff will be allowed to vouch for you.

What if I don't have 1000 gamerscore yet?

No problem! Come play. Have fun. Get credit for participating. Request the award later when you've completed the game.

Can I rent the game instead of buying it?

For those renting the game, it does require an online pass for $10 (800 MSP). However, there is a 48-hour trial available at no charge which should be sufficient for joining a lobby (although you may need more time than that to get all the MP achievements completed, depending upon your schedule.

I've met the criteria, how do I request the award?

Staff will keep track of those who've participated (so make sure they have your forum name and gamertag to confirm you played) and when you've completed the original 1000, request your award at this link:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=416292

Remember, we have to verify that you participated and have the full 1000, so be sure your XBL profile is set to public when you provide the link for us.

What link are you talking about?

The link for this game on your XBL profile:

You have to add "&compareTo=gamertag" (gamertag being YOUR gamertag) to the end of your link.

First go to xbox.com and find this game on your profile. Highlight and copy the URL, in this case:

https://live.xbox.com/en-US/Activity/Details?titleId=1129121860

At this point you must manually add to the end of the URL "&compareTo=MyGamertag", but replacing "MyGamertag" with yours. Any spaces in your gamertag you can replace with %20 if you have issues with the link not working.

After you post, TEST IT! If the links don't work correctly, you won't get the award.

Mine looks like this:

https://live.xbox.com/en-US/Activity/Details?titleId=1129121860&compareTo=Grifter%20x360a

Questions, comments, concerns? Please let us know!

Edited by Grifter Reborn
as needed

I've met the criteria, how do I request the award?

Staff will keep track of those who've participated (so make sure they have your info to confirm you played) and when you've completed the original 1000, request your award at this link:

Remember, we have to verify that you participated and have the full 1000, so be sure your XBL profile is public when you provide the link for us.

Questions, comments, concerns? Please let us know!

Will we need to link link you guys to our profile when we have our gamercard on the left-hand side of our posts that our linked to our gamercards on xbox.com? :)

Also, I'm in GMT, btw.

Looking forward to it.

Edit: Also, can anyone's profile display the award showcase, or is it just for subscribers?

Edited by Jardinho

Will we need to link link you guys to our profile when we have our gamercard on the left-hand side of our posts that our linked to our gamercards on xbox.com? :)

Also, I'm in GMT, btw.

Looking forward to it.

Edit: Also, can anyone's profile display the award showcase, or is it just for subscribers?

We prefer not to click several pages to prove your award. Use the following:

You have to add "&compareTo=gamertag" (gamertag being YOUR gamertag) to the end of your link.

First go to xbox.com and find this game on your profile. Highlight and copy the URL, in this case:

https://live.xbox.com/en-US/Activity/Details?titleId=1129121860

At this point you must manually add to the end of the URL "&compareTo=MyGamertag", but replacing "MyGamertag" with yours. Any spaces in your gamertag you can replace with %20 if you have issues with the link not working.

After you post, TEST IT! If the links don't work correctly, you won't get the award.

Mine looks like this:

https://live.xbox.com/en-US/Activity/Details?titleId=1129121860&compareTo=Grifter%20x360a

As for the award showcase, it will be displayed on the forums. You don't need to be a subscriber.

Edited by Grifter Reborn

I'll be there! If you need a some staff to set up some parties, just let me know I'll be on most evenings GMT (London) time.

I've actually got a few of you that have posted in here on my FR list, so it'll be easy to fill the party.

Yes please! If you could post in this thread with the forum names of anyone who joins your lobby, that would help me out a lot.

Will do. Do you want profile ID numbers?

So as I'm setting up a lobby or 2 during this session, please PM me here before the sessions starts if you want an invite or over XBL on the days of the session.

Times the lobbies will be open (GMT +00).

Weekdays

19:30/20:00 - 22:00 (may vary slightly)

Weekends

10:00 - 22:00 - (may vary slightly depending on social)

The times sounds good to me.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Kol7PQkjeb4/ULSo-aNZdaI/AAAAAAAAeA8/FyPJDJ458xk/s1600/doh.jpg

Sorry all I'm going to have to cancel! I totally forgot I'm in Florida until the 6th. I maybe on during the day of the 7th (Sunday), so these weekend times still apply depending on jet-lag etc.

Will do. Do you want profile ID numbers?

So as I'm setting up a lobby or 2 during this session, please PM me here before the sessions starts if you want an invite or over XBL on the days of the session.

Times the lobbies will be open (GMT +00).

Weekends

10:00 - 22:00 - (may vary slightly)

Sorry all I'm going to have to cancel! I totally forgot I'm in Florida until the 6th. I maybe on during the day of the 7th (Sunday), so these weekend times still apply depending on jet-lag etc.

Oh well, times sounded pretty decent as well. Have a nice time (wish I was going to Florida :))

*Mumbles something* :biglaugh

Oh well, times sounded pretty decent as well. Have a nice time (wish I was going to Florida :))

*Mumbles something* :biglaugh

Well I return on Sat 6th. Can't remember times, butI should be good to relax and open some lobbies on Sun 7th. If I do, I'll post here letting everyone know.

Times will be with the hours I've given. Maybe earlier depending if the jet-lag gets ahold of me :p

Well I return on Sat 6th. Can't remember times, butI should be good to relax and open some lobbies on Sun 7th. If I do, I'll post here letting everyone know.

Times will be with the hours I've given. Maybe earlier depending if the jet-lag gets ahold of me :p

Wow, for a good while there I thought that by lobbies, you meant it as some sort of slang term for beer. :p

"Is this guy Australian or something?" :biglaugh:biglaugh

Ha ha, damn I feel stupid :p

Guest Scotty
Wow, for a good while there I thought that by lobbies, you meant it as some sort of slang term for beer. :p

"Is this guy Australian or something?" :biglaugh:biglaugh

Ha ha, damn I feel stupid :p

come on now, you're from the north of England and apparently don't know what lobbies is.

This is lobbies;

http://goodfoodrecipes4you.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/20121023_185838.jpg

**Disclaimer, don't ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever eat it. It's the local dish from my town/county and it's minging!!! AND yes, it is actually called 'Lobbies'.

OT: I'll hopefully be able to join in on this event. I just bought the game last night from shopto, so it'll definitely be here by then, but the last few times i said i was interested in the current event but didn't show up, makes me think it will happen again. Let's hope not, that award is shiny! i mean it's not technically 'shiny', but it is awful pretty!

come on now, you're from the north of England and apparently don't know what lobbies is.

**Disclaimer, don't ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever eat it. It's the local dish from my town/county and it's minging!!! AND yes, it is actually called 'Lobbies'.

OT: I'll hopefully be able to join in on this event. I just bought the game last night from shopto, so it'll definitely be here by then, but the last few times i said i was interested in the current event but didn't show up, makes me think it will happen again. Let's hope not, that award is shiny! i mean it's not technically 'shiny', but it is awful pretty!

I try not to travel any further north than I have to ;):biglaugh:biglaugh

And that was one huge-ass picture.

As for the OT part: Yes, that award has brought out my feminine side... MMM SHINY THINGZZZ!!!!

Edit: The price of the Race Day edition has dropped to £34.99 on Amazon, basically the same as the ShopTo. 14p DLC, unlucky mate (unless you've boycotted Amazon, in which case, fair play)

Now, that's just supporting the American idea that England is tiny and we must be neighbours :biglaugh

Edited by Jardinho