The Freeze Ray is a 1 hit kill on the Energy Leech even on Insane difficulty

erspence

Well, basically a 1 hit kill. What you'll need to do is swim up the the boss and pull the trigger. You will get frozen, your ego will drop to nothing and your screen will be flashing red but you will see the the Energy Leech's health will completely deplete while you are frozen. Once you unfreeze, all you need to do is switch to a RPG and shoot him once and that will put his health in the red flashing state so you can start the QTE event to finish him off.

Just something I stumbled upon last night completely by accident and I reloaded to verify it works everytime and wasnt just a glitch. Hopefully this is helpful for those getting really frustrated at this boss fight. If you dont have the Freeze Ray, you can get one in the previous chapter.

Well, basically a 1 hit kill. What you'll need to do is swim up the the boss and pull the trigger. You will get frozen, your ego will drop to nothing and your screen will be flashing red but you will see the the Energy Leech's health will completely deplete while you are frozen. Once you unfreeze, all you need to do is switch to a RPG and shoot him once and that will put his health in the red flashing state so you can start the QTE event to finish him off.

Just something I stumbled upon last night completely by accident and I reloaded to verify it works everytime and wasnt just a glitch. Hopefully this is helpful for those getting really frustrated at this boss fight. If you dont have the Freeze Ray, you can get one in the previous chapter.

I found this out the other day and thought that it was maybe a glitch, good that you verified that it isn't. Edited by MVA

So is it ok to turn on the retro ice gun without affection my insane achievement?

The retro freeze ray doesn't effect your cheevs. Only things that say CHEAT in their description do. You'll also receive a warning message when using CHEAT features.

BTW after beating Insane for the 50GS I found replaying Insane with Invincibility, Infinite Ammo, and Instagib on to be very therapeutic. Even the bosses are gibbed.

awesome find... i wonder if this works on other bosses?

None that I've tried it on so far sadly. Energy leech seems to be the exception I think cause it's underwater.

I was just about to post this myself. Totally glad I found it when I did as I absolutely hated that leech on my normal run.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...