Lost content- cut scenes

Chuppernicus

I've been wanting this game for as long as it's been "official". I bought the CE online and have watched all the extra videos from E3 and elsewhere. There is content that has been changed.

For example:

The planet where you rescue Liara. There was a cut scene with male Shepard and Garis where he grabs his armour in one of the demos. I'd check which one but the wife is on the xbox right now.

There also was one with the a bartender featuring Garis, Commander Shepherd and Anderson, where Shepherd points a gun at the bartender and he's looking for an Asari in the bar?

I know I'm not the first to catch this, but why do you think it was cut? The lack of disk space? Why not go with 2 disks? It seemed that there was a lot more interaction and dialogue between your characters (even during missions), in the early versions that were shown as demos. That's too bad the content was cut as it really had me excited about the game. I liked the interaction between the characters, more KOTOR style.

it is not really handy to put a RPG on 2 disks, becuase what do you put on the first disk and what on the second? the citadel on the first and the milky way on the second? the problem is that you can return to every system anytime you like so you would have change the disks often.

Hmmm, I guess they cut those things out because they decided that it didn't play well through the story line, the Asari at the bar contacts you, and the thing with Garrus, I guess that was just a cutting room casualty, kind of sucks though, I would have liked more interaction between the characters, like Gears or something, whitty banter would have made the 4th playthrough a little bit less repetative.

The first disk could have starting options and the begining mission, ( you can't go back to Eden Prime). The second could have the final missions. You would only need to switch disks once halfway through maybe, the rest of the content could be mirrored on both disks and just updated by your save file as to whether you've been there or not.

The first disk could have starting options and the begining mission, ( you can't go back to Eden Prime). The second could have the final missions. You would only need to switch disks once halfway through maybe, the rest of the content could be mirrored on both disks and just updated by your save file as to whether you've been there or not.

what do you get from that? maybe 2 gigabyte of extra diskspace on each disk? you can upgrade maybe 2 uncharted world. the costs of two disks would outrun the benefits

what do you get from that? maybe 2 gigabyte of extra diskspace on each disk? you can upgrade maybe 2 uncharted world. the costs of two disks would outrun the benefits

Cost of a disk? Really? What's an extra DVD and a plastic holder for 2 DVDs run these days? Show of hands here that would, right now, pay an extra 5 bucks for more content had it been offered on a 2 disk version? There's no way a disk and holder can cost 5 bills, I could be wrong though.

No, I don't think price is an issue but then I don't finance video games for a living so I'm speaking out my ass here. I'd bet you could sqweeze more than 2 extra gigs out of an extra disk. I'd say Microsoft didn't want their key Flagship RPG shipping on two disks so they needed to cut back some content. They don't want to add fuel to the reg DVD9 vs Blueray fire. I think two disks would work fine and get rid of the space limitations that they ran into. Really it comes down to me just wanting more Mass Effect. Put the next one on 3 disks for all I care, give me more goodness.

• 2 months later...

Let's see, the original game costs $60, and you don't think an extra disk will run more than $5?

You must've pulled that number out of your ass, or you have no clue what you're talking about.

One disk with with one case with all the content of the entire game runs you sixty bucks, including tax.

To put more content onto a second disk would probably run you at least another $30 for the next disk. The mirrored content of course wouldn't need to be paid for twice. But half the game would need to be paid for. Especially when you're effectively trying to double it's length.

I'm fairly certain most of the content you saw was "unfinished product". You know, the stuff every game developer puts out as "samples" of the game and how it may play.

You can still do the thing with Garrus. You just have to hit the "skip dialogue" button so he shuts up, and then select the option to manhandle him right after that.

And the Asari they're talking about is the Consort.

The bar has been moved to where the slot machines are now.

But, I mean, look at the other games they've done that with. Army of Two comes to mind. I was looking forward to driving a forklift with a turret on it. How about Halo 3? Some of the campaign stuff they showed didn't make it into the game. How about Bioshock? The demo was pretty close to the actual level, but not quite. And the trailers... I've never found any of the places shown in 'em.

It's just what happens.

Things get scrapped or redone so they're better and play smoother. Or, they didn't have enough time to properly flesh out what they wanted done (like the case of Halo 2).