Rootin' Tootin' Lootin'

Chucky1028

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stopped farming those common places and started a 2nd play through with Purna. I'm already in the city, act II. I'm just missing one last orange weapon...no luck so far.

I'm close of getting the Jackpot skill #1. But people said anyway that the skill doesn't change anything...so just hoping it will...one last stupid weapon.

BTW: For everyone who feels like me...feel free to join in and contact me via TrueAchievements.com

Maybe we are more lucky in going co-op for this! I'm at 970/1000 and just need one more weapon. Doing all the Moresby sidequests so far...haven't done any mainquest stuff so far in Act II. Will be on tomorrow Berlin time...i'm from Germany...

Edited by Tommy Gun 81

OMG. I am 4/5 and I found my last orange weapon. It is a slicer I found on a dead zombie. NO ACHIEVEMENT. It didn't count for my stats... still 4/5 and I have the weapon in my inventory now. *hits self in forehead*

This happened to me as well, i found a wrench and it did not count...whatever...this game is so buggy...i'm just happy when it says game completed!!!

After playing normally through Act 2 with maxed out Purna i decided to go farming again...and guess...still no last orange weapon...i could throw up...the jackpot skill seems to do nothing special...

...i gave up for today...i will play for 3 hours a day, not a single minute more...no luck...Level 21 with Purna and maxed out Jackpot...2nd playthrough and just needing one damn last weapon...all i got today were 2x greens, 1x blue and 1x purple...mixing normal story play plus an hour of farming between bunker #2 and warehouse...

Edited by Tommy Gun 81

I've found 2xlight brass nuckles and 1 stick. My tracker says I've only found 2 / 5. Maybe cause its same type of weapon?? Whatever. I love this game, but haven't played it in over a week and won't play it till they fix the save glitch. Too much random bullshit screwing people over.

anybody know which perk is better for this achievement? i can choose appraiser....which says upgraded loot....or scavenger which says weapon in great condition...i can really only max out one of these perks and im hoping somebody knows which is better because farming chests w no orange weapon result = lame sauce

I played with Logan 'til Level 50 and got 4/5 weapons, his perks have nothing to do with looting at all. If a perk might help it is the jackpot skill Purna can maximize...this cheevo was a pain in the ass...

Yeah I think the Purna perk helps, just ran a game that was done after Act I between the Warehouse and Resort Bunker 2 and got my last item in a few hours.

End of my playthrough i found 10 yes ten exceptional weapons all in crates, didnt find any on enemies at all.

Of course kharma dictates that since I found that many someone isnt going to find a single one.

Highlight was weapon 3 & 4 which I found within 5 crates of one another.

Do agree though its a silly luck based achievement only surpassed in the game by the frankly silly amount of xp needed for lvl 50.

Finally got this crapshoot of an achievement! Found some Heavy Brass Knuckles on a random zombie I killed in the city while heading for a speaker. The other 4 I found in crates randomly throughout my time playing. The 4th one after a bit of grinding at Bunker #2, Mowen's Boat, River Village and Overpass Camp, all with my Xian who has zero lockpicking. Admittedly the village is pretty lackluster without lockpicking, but meh, just went there for superstition sake. The 4th I found in the first crate at the bunker.

Finally glad to not have to worry about checking these darn crates, was considering power leveling a Purna to get her loot skill before I started farming again, crisis averted. :woop:

I finally found my 2/5 yesterday! Found a Revolver in the jungle. I am near the end of my game :/ Does any know if there is a map that shows free chests (I don't have the Lockpick special)? or may be a good place to farm?

From reading earlier pages:

Resort - Bunker #2: 1) right next to fast travel on the ground. 2) in other room with a ladder, one free crate and one lockpick. 3) take the manhole portal to find another free crate guarded by a Suicider.

Mowen's Boat - 1) straight ahead, little to the right among the some other stuff/junk. 2) to the left of the boat, behind what looks like a small restroom building with the fast travel. Lockpick one is somewhere too, but meh, doesn't matter.

Jungle - River Village: There is one if you find a way into one of the houses via the rooftop, but it's kind of out of the way. This one does always seem to have a firearm in it, or it did for me anyway, so could be worth a look if you're interested in that. Other two crates are lockpick ones in the room behind fast travel.

Jungle - Overpass Camp: When you spawn, run straight down the stairs and into the building ahead with the vendor, two free crates are in that room with him towards the back.

Ideally, you can just alternate between the 3 places (not including River Village since lockpick isn't a factor) and just farm that way. You could even just go back and forth between the Camp and Boat if you want, since they're the easiest to grab, but up to you.