Easy alterntive Domination victory on Deity

Sorry if this is already mentioned(couldn't find it mentioned anywhere) but anyway for the people who don't know, you don't have to take over anyone for a domination victory, instead you just have to wait until the end and be the most populated capital or city, you can check your population when the top ten cities screen appears I think every ten turns(may be different amount of turns but close to that) just make sure the other civilizations don't take each other over(almost never do) or win another victory type(Also almost never do) you can check by waiting for the who is winning screen to appear every ten or so turns or by pressing the back button(its the last option) and if all of the people are tied in domination(including you) and if you are the most populated city AND if they aren't close to winning another victory then you will win!!! it is easier than it sounds.:) THIS IS ON BETA CENTURUIM!!! (sorry if I spelled it wrong) WAIT UNTIL END (year 2424) I think

TIPS:

*build a modern infantry army and other defense

*try to stay at peace

*build all buildings and wonders

*after everthing is built, build defense the rest of the game

*use any civilization

Have FUN

hope this helps

THANK YOU!!!;)

Edit: to people like dirtymchater who have the same problem as he does Never Explore, wait until the other civs find you and if they find you at the very beginning or somewhat close to the beginning start over, also best to build a temple then factory then grainary then be first to build all the wonders, go from the one that takes least to the ones that cost most production so they wont be able to build one easily and the wont be able to get even near to a cultural victory, also if you can build the world bank or united nations DONT!!!!!!!! this will end the game

*****hopefully you can get a great builder at the very beginning as this cuts all wonders and buildings production cost in half(if u want to, play as the americans because they get a free great person at the beginning and just keep restarting until you get a great builder)

*****also never give them geat people or gold

2nd Edit: let the barbarians attack(if they never show up i would save but then restart) until u get a fully upgraded modern infantry army... and if u want something else upgraded make an army of ur choice then move out ur modern infantry then let ur new army(anything such as tanks, bombers, more modern infantry artillary, ect...) defend the city until they are fully upgraded***u can do this multiple times...*****if real civs find u move everyone back to the city immediatly *****eventually barbarians will stop coming****DONT search for them unless u have too haha or they get really annoying but save before u search and if u find a civ I personally would load the save and not go and find the annoying barbarians but thats just me thanks everybody who thought this helped :)

Edited by xTaylor 94x

Tried this last night using the English

Worked a treat

got my population up and built 8 of the wonders and all of the buildings

I was actually on for 3 of the 4 victories as the cash and culture ones were ready and almost ready too but just waited for the game to auto end for domination

Thanks for the tip

Doubly thanks as Homer the last famous person arrived long into the game. He had eluded me for far too long so it was 2 sets of 45point achs that I was very happy to get.

Just that 1000Ad monkey to get now and the Deity Tech victory and I am 1000/1000

Top tip action mate

Edited by spackhead

• 1 month later...
this is fking bogus.. I"ve tried everything, and there's no way to make peace.... they all attack at the same time.. and by the time I'm actually doing well defending, another civ wins for cultural or some other type of shit :/

Well, other civilizations are going to want to be at war with you. It's part of the game. What I did was play on the Kombat (don't remember the exact name but it has that in there) and everyone is at war with each other. So you could have other civilizations fighting right in front of your city. I found it very easy and I barely got attacked.

Hey guys,

I have a question. I have a game going as america on the beta centuari (r however you spell it) on Deity mode. And I only have about 14 more years until it ends and I got the Aztecs down to their last city but they're SO FRIGGIN UNFAIR! The Aztecs have that stupid ability to replenish their health after every battle. It is IMPOSSIBLE to kill them. I have the means if only they weren't so damn unfair. I'm just worried that one of the two civilizations will win before me. Can anyone give advice? Thanks :(

My suggestion is to use armies that have the scout ability so that you can see what you are up against before hand. They only replenish if they win. If it were me, I would not even attack them unless it is lopsided to your favor. If that does not work just make sure you have the largest city at the end of the game ( I assume you are going for domination since that is the topic of the thread). Good Luck.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Can someone help me figure out what I'm doing wrong? I followed the OP's advice and made it all the way to 2424. I had the highest ranked city, with more buildings and wonders and great people and everything else. I had even conquered a capital city, which nobody else had done. At the end, however, I came in third. Is it possible that it's because I didn't have as many total cities? I didn't expand at all because I figured it would be easier to defend just a couple of cities...

I'm pretty frustrated right now, I just spent 3+ hours on that game for nothing. Anybody have any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
Can someone help me figure out what I'm doing wrong? I followed the OP's advice and made it all the way to 2424. I had the highest ranked city, with more buildings and wonders and great people and everything else. I had even conquered a capital city, which nobody else had done. At the end, however, I came in third. Is it possible that it's because I didn't have as many total cities? I didn't expand at all because I figured it would be easier to defend just a couple of cities...

I'm pretty frustrated right now, I just spent 3+ hours on that game for nothing. Anybody have any ideas?

Only build 1 or 2 cities, do not explore unless u have to

Your suggestion worked a treat.

From your idea I got Domination victorys, Economic and Cultural + if I did'nt have them already I would have got 'Curse of The Drinking Class' and 'Will to Win is Everything' plus a few others.

So If this has'nt been added the the main guide I'd like to suggest it is because it helped no end and was really simple.

Many THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

If everything is all square in terms of Domination Victory by 2424 on Beta Centauri it is down to who has the largest population I believe. You should only need 1 or 2 cities but the key is to ensure they are large.

I have won domination victories a number of times on Deity this way. I tend to find the Americans the best civilisation to be in this game for some reason.

Just concentrate on Culture and expanding your population quickly. You may find that enemy cities will be converted to your cause due to your culture also. Just ensure you get these cities defended quickly.