Dungeon Strategies

Zef

I discovered an alternate strategy for the Flamer Dwarf that lets you lose 0 minions. I went in with all reds, and sure enough, they were completely immune to all damage from the Flamer Dwarf. So all I did was set up a few guard markers spread out in front of them to keep their attention, while I got behind them around and smacked 'em around until they went down. Hopefully you will find this to be a useful alternative :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I have an alternative strategie for the slugs:

Just pick a full team of Reds (I had 50 at the time) and move into the arena.

When you're inside place a guard marker (press y) and direct all your minions towards it with with the right trigger. Now lock on to the marker with the left trigger and carfully move the minions towards the slugs and they will start moving towards you. The best thing you can do now is move the minions clockwise or counter clockwise inside the arena closely following the walls. When you get your minions behind the slugs you can release your left trigger and get some melee attacks in. When they start moving in closer just move your minions again till they are behind them. The only things you have to look out for is keeping your distance with the minions and the sort of jumplike attack with wich they squash your minions.

Using this method I killed them on my first try in a few minutes while taking minimal damage and minion losses.

Thank you soo much this works :-). I had 38 and done exactly this and done it within about 5 or so minutes. Quite easy once you get used to it. Lure them in then go to the right or left wall and slowly keep going round the wall pausing when you can.

• 1 year later...

I used a full battalion of Reds against the Boulder Beasts, Zombies, Hulking Toads, and both kinds of trolls. Just put a guard marker for easier control and moved them close enough to attack, pulled back when/if the enemy survived long enough to get close, and let them fire again. Didn't lose a single one against any of those guys.

I tried using them for the Slugs and Rock Giants, too. The giants tore them a new one, but they worked pretty well against the Slugs. I lost about half of them, but I was able to guide them with the guard marker and weave them through the slugs. The slugs have a pretty big windup before their attack hits, so it wasn't too hard. Again, lost about half of them, but I beat it without too much trouble.

I should note that this was on my Full Corruption playthrough, so I chose Velvet and got to upgrade my Reds' equipment. I'm not sure how much that helped, but I tore through pretty much everything I sent them against. They're also immune to the Dwarf Flamers' attacks, so I just put them in the middle and snuck around taking them out.

Against the Succubi, I picked 50 greens. I couldn't control the browns well enough against 5 Succubi, so I just put all 50 greens on a marker and left them there. They jumped on the succubi who flew in to carry one off, usually before the succubi could knock them down, and took off a big chunk of health. I lost about 10 or 15, but going around hitting the succubi and not worrying about the minions was a lot easier than manually controlling 50 browns.