Best way to get the 1 million points over 3 levels challenge?

ATCS

I spent probably 5 1/2 hours plugging away at this today and I just got it on one of the luckiest, closet calls ever. 1,000,160 points... I came painfully close about 5 times today and it feels so good to get it.

I used Zen the whole way through. My theory was, why I used Zen instead of Rabbit, that you know what you're getting with Zen. Makes you less mad when the wheel doesn't come up your way. The goal really is, to try and clear all three levels. If you do that, you should come up with 300-400k points each time. That gives you over 1 mil.

. If you hit the purple after the last orange peg is worth 10.000 the same as a ball left over. My advice is to pick a character that you're comfortable with and try to clear the orange pegs as soon as possible, your points should come from style shots and you have to try to keep as much balls as possible so go for bucketballs and extra balls (of course you should try to pick up a purple peg along the way with each shot) now hope that the ball drops in 100 or 50k.

I think this is the best way till now but I haven't completed this one either so I was hoping to see better tips here.

oh and if you get freeball frenzy with the beaver (bucketbonus with two balls from multiball) you'll get 100k style points, if you're good with him you can get 600k only from the green pegs. Getting a bucketbonus for 3 balls in one turn only gives you a 100k too so try not to hit both of the green pegs in one turn.

an extreme slide on 3-3 won't hurt either

Edited by skill nl

• 2 weeks later...

I want to provide a tip that is very "your mileage may vary". If you use someone with the Spookyball or Multiball skills, and you activate on the last ball (i.e. when you get the fever), you will get more than one ball in the bonus buckets and therefore more points. If you use Warren and manage to have his Triple Score active when you activate fever, it will TRIPLE THE FEVER SCORE. This means the bonus bucket, the pegs you hit, and the 10,000 each for the balls you have left over will all be tripled. Needless to say if you can pull this off, you will have some help towards your million points.

• 3 weeks later...

an extreme slide on 3-3 won't hurt either

I got an extreme slide once on my first shot which garnered over 70,000 points. I shot on the right side, it bounced off and landed between the f and e then fell through and slid across the bottom. I've been trying to replicate it for the last hour to no avail. Can anyone give me some directions like..."starting on the top right peg go down two notches on the directional pad a shoot." Without the green bonus modifiers I've found it easy to go into quick play and orchestrate each level so that I have the timing and placement down to maximize points and catch the ball each time. I'm having problems now with this last level...I need to figure out how I did the extreme slide again so I can start from there. Any help would be greatly appreciated.