To get or not to get

I think there are two sides to this, a pro side and a con side. First for the pro, this game is ok. It has easy achievements if you're into hunting for them. The guns are cool, and that's mainly what it's all about. Also, it's not very pricey. For the con side however, the game borrows heavily from AAA games. Not only that, it doesn't quite deliver what those games did. From my opinions, I think you should decide.

ArticDecipal http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

• 2 weeks later...

It's 100% worth the $17.99 price at Gamestop, I picked myself a copy up a couple of weeks ago. I havent the faintest idea why it's $60 on xbox marketplace under games on demand, it's been out for a long while and it's not a triple-A title.

The above poster seems to share my opinion on the game - it's fun (mindless fun at times, ala all those times I'd kill cops on GTA3 until they sent a tank for me to jack), it does have a pretty good variety of weapons, though most feel and handle similarly, there are a few standouts. There are tons of guys to kill as you're playing through, so the game doesn't go along slowly and I didn't find myself getting bored with it.

The cons, IMO (others are sure to disagree, it depends what you like) are the nonstop profanity, the soundtrack (I HATE rap music, again, that's my opinion alone), the AI on the enemies and your "G-unit" fellows is rather awful at times, and the game is like the devs took GTA, Gears, Saints Row and a few other triple-A titles and threw them in a blender and put the mixture on a disc. It doesn't do anything as well as the original games the devs took "inspiration" (copied) from, but it's fully playable with nothing broken about it, and I enjoyed playing it when I didn't feel like getting into a serious game. My wife enjoyed watching me play it, and we both laughed both at guys flying around in bits and the sheer hilarity of playing as a gansta - some of the dialogue is just laugh out loud funny, mostly because the devs were apparantly trying to be serious with it.

My opinion - get a used copy from Gamestop, you can always return it if you hate it. If that's not an option, hopefully what the poster above me had to say along with my post will steer you in the right direction.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...