Anyone Use Bing Rewards?

Beefdagreat

I use it on a somewhat regular basis. I am about to get my bing rewards account to turn gold soon. It helps make the xbla games and dlc cost more manageable. Been using it now so I can get the Kinect sports gems for nothing. Gonna get my 2nd gem here soon, whenever I get the next 125 credits.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would strongly suggest you look into using bing rewards if you really want the best promotional deal MS has ever offered. In just two years, our household has gotton a total of $530 of MSP and Amazon gift cards. Lets just say I havn't paid for anything on the 360 marketplace in over 3 years.

Holy crap.

How many accounts do you have?

Holy crap.

How many accounts do you have?

Just 5. I created 5 seperate user accounts on my windows pc, then created 5 seperate email accounts for each of those user accounts. The thing that is so important here is that each email/bing account needs to be the same physical address where you live along with the same last name as the rest of your family. You could say for instance that you have your mom, dad, yourself and 3 other siblings for instance!

So in essence, it says within the TOU and the FAQ that we can use 5 different bing rewards accounts per household. I'm sure if someone really wanted to they could do another 5 accounts and while setting up their emails they could just use a friend's address for an additional 5? I really don't know but I'm too afraid of getting kicked out of the program so I won't risk it!

But yeah, just over $530 in two years doing all 5 accounts every single day for about 20 minutes of my time. If you have any questions or concerns let me know. Also I've been wanting to say this for a long time but I absolutely love your gamertag! If there was one Star Wars character I'd like to see inebriated it would be Yoda by far! Then again, he usually talks as if he is.. well sorta! ;)

But yeah, just over $530 in two years doing all 5 accounts every single day for about 20 minutes of my time. If you have any questions or concerns let me know. Also I've been wanting to say this for a long time but I absolutely love your gamertag! If there was one Star Wars character I'd like to see inebriated it would be Yoda by far! Then again, he usually talks as if he is.. well sorta! ;)

Thanks! :)

I only have one account, I didn't even consider making multiple ones. I guess I know what I'm doing later today.

Bing Rewards? Hadn't heard of that until now. If anything my initial reaction was: "Bing? People use that?", but then I see MS are practically paying people to do so, which makes me laugh.

I actually started using Bing over Google when I realised Google were censoring search results (you may have noticed there's no longer an option to turn safe searching off?).

Didn't want to, but I object to that sort of nannying behaviour.

Just 5. I created 5 seperate user accounts on my windows pc, then created 5 seperate email accounts for each of those user accounts. The thing that is so important here is that each email/bing account needs to be the same physical address where you live along with the same last name as the rest of your family. You could say for instance that you have your mom, dad, yourself and 3 other siblings for instance!

So in essence, it says within the TOU and the FAQ that we can use 5 different bing rewards accounts per household. I'm sure if someone really wanted to they could do another 5 accounts and while setting up their emails they could just use a friend's address for an additional 5? I really don't know but I'm too afraid of getting kicked out of the program so I won't risk it!

It's not quite so simple. As we both know, you can make 5 accounts. But they track more than just email addresses and names to verify that you don't have more. They track: Internal IP, External IP and MAC Address. And, of course, they add cookies to your computer to track it just in case you try to cheat those systems. It's possible to get around those security measures, but it's not exactly easy and probably not worth the time as we're starting to get into CSI style stuff.

• 3 weeks later...
Something like that happened to me once. I requested 400 MSP, and they ended up sending me 4 different codes.

It was awesome.

Strange. So I got my two codes, and they worked fine, but immediately after my account stopped earning credits. I tried to contact support, but they were not helping me very quickly, so I simply closed the account and started a new one.

Also, for the next 7 days members with Gold level will be able to earn double the amount of credits. 4/24 - 4/30.

...The bad part is you have to do three searches to earn one credit.

Also, for the next 7 days members with Gold level will be able to earn double the amount of credits. 4/24 - 4/30.

...The bad part is you have to do three searches to earn one credit.

One of the accounts here has been getting 30 a day for a few weeks now. 3 accounts got the notice thing about how they get 30 until 4/30 last night. The last account here is gold but is still getting 15 a day

One of the accounts here has been getting 30 a day for a few weeks now. 3 accounts got the notice thing about how they get 30 until 4/30 last night. The last account here is gold but is still getting 15 a day

One of my household's gold account also did not get this notification today, but I assumed that was because I had already done my daily searches on that account. From what you're telling me, it seems the notifications are getting sent out at different times.

One of my household's gold account also did not get this notification today, but I assumed that was because I had already done my daily searches on that account. From what you're telling me, it seems the notifications are getting sent out at different times.

I don't know. Perhaps. I just checked and still have one account still getting 15.

Only thing I know is last night I checked one of my accounts and noticed I could do my perches again. That was the account that's been getting 30 a day for a few weeks. Ended up with 60 points yesterday on that account due to it. I check my other accounts and 3 had the notification. Ended up with 45 points on each of those for yesterday. The account that didn't have the notification still let me do the 15 points again.

On a side note I've noticed sometimes around 10 pm my ims the search number resets and I can do my searches again. Doesn't happen often, maybe once a week or so. Just something to keep in mind.

I don't know. Perhaps. I just checked and still have one account still getting 15.

Only thing I know is last night I checked one of my accounts and noticed I could do my perches again. That was the account that's been getting 30 a day for a few weeks. Ended up with 60 points yesterday on that account due to it. I check my other accounts and 3 had the notification. Ended up with 45 points on each of those for yesterday. The account that didn't have the notification still let me do the 15 points again.

On a side note I've noticed sometimes around 10 pm my ims the search number resets and I can do my searches again. Doesn't happen often, maybe once a week or so. Just something to keep in mind.

Interesting. And it must be the case that not every account is getting this. Two of my household accounts, which are gold status, did not get the perk.

I use bing exclusively now since using bing rewards for over 3 years now. The only time I use google is if I can't find what I'm looking for.

I would strongly suggest you look into using bing rewards if you really want the best promotional deal MS has ever offered. In just two years, our household has gotton a total of $530 of MSP and Amazon gift cards. Lets just say I havn't paid for anything on the 360 marketplace in over 3 years.

Definitley worth looking into man. If you have any questions let me know.

:eek: That's crazy! I'll have to sign up then :woop:

I've had a Bing Rewards account for like 3 years, but just got back into it today after seeing this thread. I've only gotten 600 total MSP over that time, though. They have a 100 credit offer to do a Bing vs. Google challenge, and 50 for connecting to Facebook. You think if you make a new account and do those two things, you can get a 100 MSP code since they're 125 credits, and keep doing that over and over again? Or do you probably have to be like a silver member to be able to do those offers? I want to try but I keep getting an error when trying to make a new account.