boss soul weapons are weak

Suki

OK thanks for the help and tips. I will keep doing that. Right now my best gear is the early drangleic stuff I got from beating the pursuer. And I just got to lost Bastille so I'm hoping I'm still on par lol

Sure. Yeah, as long as you progress at an even rate, level yourself up, and upgrade your equipment, you won't have much trouble.

You would only really want better gear if you simply cannot get past something, or you're going into PvP.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK thanks for the help and tips. I will keep doing that. Right now my best gear is the early drangleic stuff I got from beating the pursuer. And I just got to lost Bastille so I'm hoping I'm still on par lol

the drangelic armor/shield is really good in my opinion

i've been wearing it since i got it and i have cleared lost bastille and then huntsmans corpse and i am now in the huntsman valley/earthen peak area

i have yet to find better armor(i have only found one better shield but it's heavy) so the drangelic armor is still serving me well

i even got some armor as an enemy drop that weighed more but had worse stats than the drangelic

Edited by wexsuvslim

i've been wearing it since i got it and i have cleared lost bastille and then huntsmans corpse and i am now in the huntsman valley/earthen peak area

i have yet to find better armor(i have only found one better shield but it's heavy) so the drangelic armor is still serving me well

i even got some armor as an enemy drop that weighed more but had worse stats than the drangelic

OK great. This is encouraging. I shall be satisfied with what I got for now. Thanks guys!! Happy dying

Hands down, my favourite weapon in the game. I've won all my PvPs with that sword. Have you infused it with a Faintstone? I'd recommend using the Bracing Knuckle Ring +2, you could fire 11-12 energy beams before the sword is at risk. If you're greedy like me, you could also buy 99 repair powders.:)

I'm really liking the Drakewing Ultra Greatsword+5, I think it's great weapon and It's special attack is amazing, but quite cheap in a PvP situation... If you use the special attack and knock someone off their feet, you can keep spamming the attack over and over so they can't get back up. The attack can do up 900 points of damage!

I have to say I'm loving using the Drakewing Greatsword at the moment, such a cool looking weapon and effective too. I also love using the Defenders Greatsword for PVE, it wrecks everything. Considering I will quite often play through all of DS1 with an upgraded Claymore or BKS and stay away from boss soul weapons, I actually think they are really good in DS2 - it just takes a bit of experimentation.

The drangleic equipment is definitely some of the best stuff available just a few hours in. I remember two-handing that sword for a good portion of the game and the shield is really good too.

The drangleic equipment is definitely some of the best stuff available just a few hours in. I remember two-handing that sword for a good portion of the game and the shield is really good too.

i am still using the drangleic shield and torso/legs at level 123(though i guess level doesn't mean all that much in regards to weapons/armor)

i am using the jester head/arms for their respective bonuses and i switch between the tower shield and the drangleic shield depending on how much the primary weapon i'm using weighs...i haven't upgrade any of it yet though

i've only upgraded my bastard sword+6 and my zweihander+6 and i've made some boss weapons

i'm being cautious with upgrading my first playthrough since enemies stop spawning after a while and i don't want to use any fire aesthetics in NG

i would like to make a lightning and a dark weapon though since i'm a faith build

on a side note, the armor setup i described above reminds me of the jester enemies in assassin's creed:)

Edited by wexsuvslim

My Ruler's Sword hits for around 600, and on my build doesn't have an equal in DPS in it's class. Some of the shields have really decent ratings and many of the weapons have special L2 moves and stuff. Don't judge all swords by the stats.

Me understands now. So raw is really only useful for weapons that don't scale whatsoever? Understood.

No, they're good for high power items with bad scaling in the stats you care about. You may have a sword that scales A in strength and nothing on dexterity and be a dexterity build, so raw is a good option for the weapon. If you're talking about a low damage weapon, it doesn't matter what the scaling is, raw or mundane will still wield better results than a percentage of a low number. Also, raw can enhance effects that are default effects of a weapon if your character is not built to enhance that element (i.e. morning star on a mage). Raw would also be a good fit for a weapon on your first play-through that you were unable to level up quickly, then later you could change it. Lots of uses for it if you really think about it.

Edited by The Nerevarine

My Ruler's Sword hits for around 600, and on my build doesn't have an equal in DPS in it's class. Some of the shields have really decent ratings and many of the weapons have special L2 moves and stuff. Don't judge all swords by the stats.

how do u do it? i can only do 560 with blade ring+2, 40/40 str dex and 2 million souls :(

i can't speak for all the boss weapons since haven't gotten them all yet but i do like the Dragonrider Bow alot especially because it scales highest with strength(B)

i also like the smelter sword(hits hard and does fire damage) and the pursuers ultragreatsword even though they are both heavy and i have to work on increasing my load capacity a bit before i can wield them properly without having to wear lighter armor

i haven't upgraded any of them yet because i have only come across 2 petrified dragon bones so far but even at their base stats they hit pretty hard, at least in the areas i have been to so far(i'm up to and into Iron Keep)

Edited by wexsuvslim