Dragon Ball Z

TheBrutalShadow

Toriyama has already announced a new series about a month or so ago called Dragon Ball Super. Supposedly new villain too.

And it would be nice to see Vegeta be the one to beat Frieza for a change, considering everyone else and their mother has.

Also, Xicor, one of the fan made villians, by far the most bad ass.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131121175317/ultradragonball/images/e/e5/Maxresdefault.jpg

If you do not know who this guy is, look him up. Pretty cool story line and would love to see him in the official series but unfortunately that will not happen. :/

Also, the new transformations are part of Xenoverse's DLC. Not sure if that has hit yet but I know it is in at least the upcoming one if not the past batch.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

I am excited!! The series starts in 8 days in Japan and the movie hits at a theater near me in early August! :dance: :dance: :dance: Also, tickets are limited as it will only be in theaters for like 12 days so make sure you get them in advance! They are officially on sale now!

• 2 weeks later...

The beginning is atrocious, nothing happens at all, but then again, everything that isn't actual combat or "tense" is always horrible in DB. It feels like a filler.

I remember Raditz's arrival at the end of DBZ 01, it was pretty tense, but here there is nothing like this. Trunks and Goten fighting a giant goofy snake in the forest as they're trying to get lotion for Videl, Vegeta on family vacation in a resort doing child activities and getting humiliated… For now, it's really bad. I have no doubt the series will pick up the pace when things actually start clicking into place, but for now it's near unwatchable, unless you're a toddler.

Only good things are that it looks pretty decent, Beerus-sama is starting to get interesting, and except for Gangsta (the new Black Lagoon), there is nothing else to watch this summer anyway.

Edited by Asturgis

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I finally watched the Movie and it was horrible man. Also the SUPER-Series starts really crappy and I have the bad feeling that they'll introduce the Golden Frieza there aswell, that'd kill the series for me because I do not have to watch it again - and again at a way more horrible animation.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Wonder if he is as strong as Beerus with K×10 in that form?

I imagine so, but can't say for sure. Considering he can't use it often he needs to be sure before challenging Beerus again.

In Battle of the Gods I think Beerus said he ended up going at about 80% of full power to ward off Super Saiyan God form Goku. We don't know how true that statement is either since it almost never looked like Beerus was struggling all that much.

Plus Beerus was a little worried when Goku said he was saving it for him

I imagine so, but can't say for sure. Considering he can't use it often he needs to be sure before challenging Beerus again.

In Battle of the Gods I think Beerus said he ended up going at about 80% of full power to ward off Super Saiyan God form Goku. We don't know how true that statement is either since it almost never looked like Beerus was struggling all that much.

Plus Beerus was a little worried when Goku said he was saving it for him

Goku did lose all of his powers after using it though or he got KI Sickness, so I doubt he will use it again unless he has no choice, at least until he has more time to perfect it. If I remember correctly he did up to K×25 in Dragonball z against Vegeta.

• 3 months later...
Has anyone here been keeping up with Super? It's been rather good so far, and I would suggest doing so if you haven't been.

Yeah I'm liking the current arc alot. Some of the best animation in the series so far, and the villains are pretty interesting too.

Minor spoilers but this image made me lol

http://i.imgur.com/8o4PZoM.jpg

Also, this is pretty awesome!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hro2jqI0tT4[/ame]

Edited by Rapture639

• 4 months later...
Is this the same area to talk about Super or is there a separate thread for it? I watched and loved all of DBZ but I haven't started Super yet. Just curious how it has been and how it compares.

Good question....on whether or not a new thread would be needed.

Super is ongoing and while people had their reservations on the animation in the early days, it really picked up after the movie arcs were out of the way. Goku Black's arc is beautiful. Current arc ain't too shabby either, they've gotten over the pitfalls of off model animation that plagued the early episodes (and were corrected with blu ray releases).

People are still on the fence about it for whatever reason...I'm loving it. As for how it compares to Z, it's definitely got more of a light hearted tone until you get to certain storylines. The ending to Goku Black's arc, if you look at what just happened...is pretty damn tragic.

[spoiler=afdslkjdflj]And unlike Z...everything isn't fixed with the dragon balls. If the current arc uses the dragon balls to fix what happens due to Goku's ignorance, then it's just a asspull move but at least it doesn't paint Goku as the man is technically responsible for the extermination of 11 universes.

Is this the same area to talk about Super or is there a separate thread for it? I watched and loved all of DBZ but I haven't started Super yet. Just curious how it has been and how it compares.

Don't think there's been a thread dedicated for Super, but since these forums are kinda dead, everyone just uses the Anime Discussion thread to talk about anything they've been watching there.

Super has gotten alot better since it first started. The arcs are kinda hit and miss, but the last one and the current one is fantastic.

If you wanna get through it quicker, you could simply watch the newest 2 films (Battle of Gods and Resurrection 'F') and jump straight to episode 28, since the 2 films basically cover the first 27 episodes.

Good question....on whether or not a new thread would be needed.

Super is ongoing and while people had their reservations on the animation in the early days, it really picked up after the movie arcs were out of the way. Goku Black's arc is beautiful. Current arc ain't too shabby either, they've gotten over the pitfalls of off model animation that plagued the early episodes (and were corrected with blu ray releases).

People are still on the fence about it for whatever reason...I'm loving it. As for how it compares to Z, it's definitely got more of a light hearted tone until you get to certain storylines. The ending to Goku Black's arc, if you look at what just happened...is pretty damn tragic.

[spoiler=afdslkjdflj]And unlike Z...everything isn't fixed with the dragon balls. If the current arc uses the dragon balls to fix what happens due to Goku's ignorance, then it's just a asspull move but at least it doesn't paint Goku as the man is technically responsible for the extermination of 11 universes.

I definitely think it'd be interesting if they went with the route of

[spoiler=asdf] Everyone else in the other universes viewing Universe 7 as the villains because Goku was ultimately the guy responsible for the destruction of their universe should they lose during the tournament.

First fight of this arc was great, and can't wait to see how the next one plays out!

Edited by Rapture639

• 2 months later...
Kinda bugged me a bit to see

[spoiler=17] Android 17 basically be on the same level as SSJ Blue Goku

Other than that I think this is going to be a great arc!

Yeah, that bugged me a little too at first. But you've gotta consider that Android 17 is no longer an android, so his power limit is no longer ehhh... limited. Plus he has been training to keep the island and animals safe since the cell arc, whereas Goku has been stopped in his training for who knows how long by Chi chi, and dealing with his kids and family.

Yeah, that bugged me a little too at first. But you've gotta consider that Android 17 is no longer an android, so his power limit is no longer ehhh... limited. Plus he has been training to keep the island and animals safe since the cell arc, whereas Goku has been stopped in his training for who knows how long by Chi chi, and dealing with his kids and family.

True, but since Goku got rid of Frieza and Buu, who else was left to pose any kind of threat to the Earth where 17 could grow to that power level? It's not like he really needed to get that strong to take out regular poachers or even the alien poachers.

True, but since Goku got rid of Frieza and Buu, who else was left to pose any kind of threat to the Earth where 17 could grow to that power level? It's not like he really needed to get that strong to take out regular poachers or even the alien poachers.

Yep, doesn't make much sense. But oh well. I know Picollo gets stronger by meditating, and they have that whole imagery battle thing. I honestly just think the people behind Super realize that goku and vegeta outstripping everyone else several times over wasn't good for the series, considering there are dozens of fighters in the Dragonball universe, and every fight can't be won by goku. It would be nice if Gohan could get that strong, because his fights have been lacking lately.

Yep, doesn't make much sense. But oh well. I know Picollo gets stronger by meditating, and they have that whole imagery battle thing. I honestly just think the people behind Super realize that goku and vegeta outstripping everyone else several times over wasn't good for the series, considering there are dozens of fighters in the Dragonball universe, and every fight can't be won by goku. It would be nice if Gohan could get that strong, because his fights have been lacking lately.

Kinda surprised that he hasn't reached blue status himself. Definitely think he's capable but maybe they just don't have enough time before the tournament starts?

Also, this was my fav scene from the latest episode:

giphy.gif

Edited by Rapture639