Blue Ribbon Challenge Guide

xRelentlessx

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's awful. I think I did that once on my playthroughs and it was annoying. Not sure why they don't allow some type of wave select once you have completed the 4 arenas.

I was fine with going back through things, just sucked because I lost the progress I had made...which included finishing several of the harder challenges.

I call it a chore to have to work all the way back through previously completed waves just to get back to the wave you need. If it's like wave six, no problem. But let's say you just needed wave 15. Now that's going to get annoying, especially if you fail it.

Yeah, that is annoying, no question. But imagine if there was a wave select option ... Everyone had this achievement within 2 hours. And there would no big challenge anymore. Maybe something like the "door-revive" were nice, where you can restart a wave once or twice per run to try the ribbon challenge again.

Yeah, that is annoying, no question. But imagine if there was a wave select option ... Everyone had this achievement within 2 hours. And there would no big challenge anymore. Maybe something like the "door-revive" were nice, where you can restart a wave once or twice per run to try the ribbon challenge again.

An option to start wavs 1-6-11 would be nice then :p

A quick question. Say I only need wave 8 on a map. Can I quit after getting the ribbon and it still count?

Yeah, it should do a little autosave once you're done with a wave and you get back into that little "ready up" room where you select your guns and upgrade weapons/vigors.

I need a hand with Emporia Arcade, Wave 1. I get it down to 3 enemies, 2 soldiers, 1 patriot. Both soldiers have a sliver of health, I possess the patriot, bronco the soldiers, and the patriot just fucking stares at them and doesn't shoot until they land on the ground again.

Any help please before I go insane from this? I've got to be close to 20 tries now, and every fucking time, the patriot is not shooting them in the air. Am I doing something wrong, or is this game really this much of a fucking piece of shit?

I need a hand with Emporia Arcade, Wave 1. I get it down to 3 enemies, 2 soldiers, 1 patriot. Both soldiers have a sliver of health, I possess the patriot, bronco the soldiers, and the patriot just fucking stares at them and doesn't shoot until they land on the ground again.

Any help please before I go insane from this? I've got to be close to 20 tries now, and every fucking time, the patriot is not shooting them in the air. Am I doing something wrong, or is this game really this much of a fucking piece of shit?

You literally have to keep hitting the soldiers with Bronco and the Patriot with Possession over and over until the dumb robot kills one of them. It took me over four minutes of doing this and using up all the salts on the map. It will happen eventually.

You literally have to keep hitting the soldiers with Bronco and the Patriot with Possession over and over until the dumb robot kills one of them. It took me over four minutes of doing this and using up all the salts on the map. It will happen eventually.

Finally got it, not really too sure how exactly, (well other than meeting the condition). Must have got it through one of those spamming moments I guess.

Ken Levine needs to be taught a lesson for this shit dlc. Nowhere did they ever tell us about it until the day it was launched. People didn't want this shit. This shit doesn't belong in this game to start with.

Fuck this game has me raging so hard lol, last Bio game for me. Last Ken Levine game for me. Guy can go rot in the bottom of a well somewhere. And he can take Cliffy B with him for this GoWJ shit too, ha ha.

It really is frustrating how stupid the AI is sometimes. Doesn't really matter when you just need to kill them in different ways but when you need them to do something it's a hassle. Every time I have to use a patriot to do something it feels like it only stares blindy for a good while even if it has enemies within arms length.

After initially hating this DLC with a passion I'm now somewhat divided about how to feel about it. It did become a lot easier when some upgrades could be used but it still feels unpolished. A lot of the challenges depend on a much better AI and it's frustrating when the difficulty comes into the gameplay in the wrong way.

Haven't got a massive problem with the lack of wave selection. I do however think it is weird that when you die during a wave and opt to waive your high score it doesn't also give you the option to reselect weapons. If you pick the wrong set of guns you are basically stuck with them (haven't found any way to reselect).

All in all I will be pleased when this DLC is finished and I can go back to waiting for the amazing looking campaign DLC. :)

Don't make him shoot them, pull them into him with Undertow and he will melee them, which is a one-hit kill.

Haven't got a massive problem with the lack of wave selection. I do however think it is weird that when you die during a wave and opt to waive your high score it doesn't also give you the option to reselect weapons. If you pick the wrong set of guns you are basically stuck with them (haven't found any way to reselect).

There are plenty of weapons around the map to switch to.

Edited by Quid Squid

I did ok on the Theater last night but then got to wave 8 and failed everything but wave 13 :p

Getting people to kill the patriot sucks.

It does suck, but definitely isn't too bad. I Undertow'd all but two soldiers off the map. Possessed one, and stunned the second with crows. I was able to weaken the Patriot down to very little health. The possessed solider weakened him a little more, but then committed suicide...but I still had the stunned solider left to resort to. Try that method out if you haven't already got it done!

I did ok on the Theater last night but then got to wave 8 and failed everything but wave 13 :p

Getting people to kill the patriot sucks.

I found this video to be helpful to get someone to kill the Patriot. For most of the missions I would recommend Banehowl's videos, but for a few this guys worked a bit better (considering he only did 8).

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr9Zg-tQ3NQ]BioShock Infinite - Clash in the Clouds - Duke & Dimwit - Wave 11 - Blue Ribbon Guide - YouTube[/ame]

It does suck, but definitely isn't too bad. I Undertow'd all but two soldiers off the map. Possessed one, and stunned the second with crows. I was able to weaken the Patriot down to very little health. The possessed solider weakened him a little more, but then committed suicide...but I still had the stunned solider left to resort to. Try that method out if you haven't already got it done!

Yeah I am through that one finally. I got 4 missing on Raven's Dome and 12 on the Arcade :p Wave 11 on the dome is gonna be tricky. Those enemies are a bit tough for shotguns only.

I am missing these:

Dome

4-11-14-15

Arcade

2-3-4-5-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14

Not as bad as it seems at first but defiantly some tricky ones in there. I had to get to wave 11 about 5 times tonight to get a possessed enemy to kill the patriot. My Friday is spent though. Ill try more tomorrow :)

Can anyone else confirm this? For wave 10 of duke and dimwit which says: complete the wave using only charge, return to sender, and shotguns.

Ok I had rising bloodlust, scavengers vest, vampire's embrace, and brittle-skinned equipped. Literally as soon as I charged the first enemy it said blue ribbon challenge failed! Is it brittle skinned that caused this, because I'm fairly sure the enemy didn't die from my charge.

I've noticed that overkill and storm gear can cause this to happen as well for similar wave objectives.

Can anyone else confirm this? For wave 10 of duke and dimwit which says: complete the wave using only charge, return to sender, and shotguns.

Ok I had rising bloodlust, scavengers vest, vampire's embrace, and brittle-skinned equipped. Literally as soon as I charged the first enemy it said blue ribbon challenge failed! Is it brittle skinned that caused this, because I'm fairly sure the enemy didn't die from my charge.

I've noticed that overkill and storm gear can cause this to happen as well for similar wave objectives.

yeah, i think brittle-skinned is the problem here. Never use such gear in waves which you have to complete with specific weapons or vigors. Same for overkill and storm.

Having charge maxed out voids the challenge too because it does explosive damage.

I just finished up all the blue ribbon challenges. They weren't as bad as I thought they'd be based on my first (unupgraded) run through the four arenas. Banehowl's youtube vids were a huge help- he's got the best methods pretty much figured out.

I got almost everything in one try with his methods. A few challenges took me two or three tries. The only one that took me more than three attempts was ravens dome 9. Not sure why, but I kept running out of time with one guy left and he never had the "last guy left" notification.