I would rather stick pins in my eyes...

TOBY DA THUG

than play this game ever again (once Ive got my 1000).

I have never felt so strongly about a game that Ive had to write my opinion about it on these forums or any other for that matter but this game just takes the biscuit. Ive played some naff games for 1000 gs (old gamertag) but this one is top of the list.

It frustrates the hell out of me, and I just wanted to warn anyone who thinks they will pick up this game for an easy 1000. Its not that easy (for a family game) and definitly isnt quick.

Luckily Ive rented it from blockbuster otherwise I dont think I would ever get round to being focused to get the 1k from it. Because if I owned it, I could just keep putting it back on my shelf for another day.

If I ever see a pink dog, I will break its neck, I never feel like mowing the lawn again and I sure am glad my car has four wheels.

In all honesty, I would rather play My horse and Me 2 4 times over than ever do this game again.

anyway, rant over, back to doing the same flipping taxi mission another 4 times!

Feel free to ask me any questions about the game =)

P.S the one good thing I will say is that I dont think there is any glitchy achievements otherwise this disk really would end up being snapped, even if it meant I was in debt to blockbusters lol

EDIT: sorry to anyone who actually enjoyed this game, although I find it hard to belive there is someone who enjoyed it. I dont normally moan.

Edited by TOBY DA THUG

i definatley didnt "enjoy" this game but i dont really understand how you can say it wasnt easy? its one of the more simple family games because as you say everything is so repetitive and i couldnt even notice the difficulty increase to match the level of the task. You are correct that it isn't a quick game and yes its very boring but ive played worse games for points and ive certainly played harder than this for points.

well my theory behind saying it wasnt easy is that it certainly takes a long time for the 1k for a family game.

I think there are some challenging missions such as chase the dog, escape to the ship etc. the last couple of races for the desert (levels 9 and 10) dont pop straight away.

and a few of the 5g achievements are hard... at the moment I cannot get the king klong one.

although you are right, it is fairly easy, but compared to the likes of most other family games I wouldnt say its as easy as you expect.

how did you get the 5g skilled driver achievement?

well my theory behind saying it wasnt easy is that it certainly takes a long time for the 1k for a family game.

I think there are some challenging missions such as chase the dog, escape to the ship etc. the last couple of races for the desert (levels 9 and 10) dont pop straight away.

and a few of the 5g achievements are hard... at the moment I cannot get the king klong one.

although you are right, it is fairly easy, but compared to the likes of most other family games I wouldnt say its as easy as you expect.

how did you get the 5g skilled driver achievement?

This achievement can be a pain but easily doable. First thing to remember here is that the timer is very generous. Theres really no need to treat it like a time trial that will make things harder. The general tip here is to pay attention to the traffic and adjust how u drive to counter this. What i mean by this is if for example theres loads of traffic on both sides of the road and the rage bar is rising then you should slow down to almost a complete halt because rage from klong in traffic would certainly get u damaged. But if say theres very little traffic then keep a high speed and let klong rage because with practice u can easily avoid collisions in low traffic.

Honestly, I find the gameplay for Planet 51 almost nauseating. I'm usually ok with completing games that are considered mediocre and subpar but this game has been a challenge to me because I really don't like to play it. I'm forcing myself through this completion and regret ever starting it. I'll not have this game mark up my Gamertag because of the lack of interest. I look forward to completing it so I may reward myself with a bottle of rum big enough to wash any of these memories away! Cheers! :drunk

BTW: The driving achievement I did around the first city Destruction Derby. Just laid on the RT until it clicked over.

I agree with the OP, some of the 5g achievements are quite tough, but what i hated more than anything was the whole lets do the same thing 10 times over and slighty reduce the time. 10 times you have to do the exact same thing talk about not even trying to keep people interested. This is meant to be a kids game, my little boy rented it and was hacked off with it after 1 hour or so, on the plus side it meant i couls hammer through for another 1000g completed game.

than play this game ever again (once Ive got my 1000).

I have never felt so strongly about a game that Ive had to write my opinion about it on these forums or any other for that matter but this game just takes the biscuit. Ive played some naff games for 1000 gs (old gamertag) but this one is top of the list.

It frustrates the hell out of me, and I just wanted to warn anyone who thinks they will pick up this game for an easy 1000. Its not that easy (for a family game) and definitly isnt quick.

Luckily Ive rented it from blockbuster otherwise I dont think I would ever get round to being focused to get the 1k from it. Because if I owned it, I could just keep putting it back on my shelf for another day.

If I ever see a pink dog, I will break its neck, I never feel like mowing the lawn again and I sure am glad my car has four wheels.

In all honesty, I would rather play My horse and Me 2 4 times over than ever do this game again.

anyway, rant over, back to doing the same flipping taxi mission another 4 times!

Feel free to ask me any questions about the game =)

P.S the one good thing I will say is that I dont think there is any glitchy achievements otherwise this disk really would end up being snapped, even if it meant I was in debt to blockbusters lol

EDIT: sorry to anyone who actually enjoyed this game, although I find it hard to belive there is someone who enjoyed it. I dont normally moan.

I feel like posting exactly what you did, even the bit about My Horse and Me is 100% true.

Totally regretting renting this, only 300G so far, and the side quests left are so repetitive and each set of 10 have to be done in one sitting :-(

dam i dont think i wanna bother with this game now. is it really worse than far cry, leisure suit larry or madagascar 2. i was hoping it would be a quick 1000. guess not

Definitly worse than Leisure Suit Larry, I got 840 on that (missed speed run and shuffleboard achievos) but it wasn't as painfull as Planet 51.

With Planet 51 it's the repetition that infuriating. Theres 3 races series, and you have to do each 10 times, each only being marginarlly different. And the later ones are tricky as you have to drive a perfect race.

dam i dont think i wanna bother with this game now. is it really worse than far cry, leisure suit larry or madagascar 2. i was hoping it would be a quick 1000. guess not

I have played all of the above and I am sorry but Planet 51 is much worse than any of the above. I don't think the challenges are that bad however the audio does not match with the characters mouth movements. The game is just not put together very well at all. Come on Sega WTF??

I honestly don't find the game that bad. The main gripe I have about the game is the repetition of the activities and that you have to do all 10 levels at once.

Outside of that it's on par with a number of other kid's games that I didn't find unbearable to wit through. As much as I loved the movie Wall-e, I found that game to be worse than this.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Actually Bee Movie aint that bad, i had far worse in the family games genre, Hannah Montana gotta be by far the worse i´ve played. Then again devolpers usually make a piss poor job making these games since they wanna make a quick buck on them so nobody should be surprised... From the top of my head in this genre only Bolt and UP were a positive surprise with an above decent control and camera angles.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I saw it on sale...I saw the reviews weren't to bad...WTF were they on when they thought this game was okay?? :uzi:

This game is for children? I don't even think they'll enjoy it. I can usually get over the lameness of a game but this game isn't lame it's a big pile of poop!

I've played it for around 3 to 4 hours tonight..Give it a fair chance...Uggh....Tomorrow I'll use it in an exchange for something better! :Bounce:

• 1 month later...

I have to admit I had a good laugh reading some off these posts,ok I agree this game is utter rubbish but most easy 1000 point games are.Thats why they give u 1000 points so easy so people will buy this rubbish or rent like me.

But how anyone can say this game is hard I just cant believe,got the 1000 points in around 15 hours and thats only because u have to do each task 10 times which can get boring.

The only part that was a bit off a pain were the last 2 desert races but after 4 or 5 goes i got them done.So anyone who wants an easy 1000 points then this game will give u them but it is utter rubbish.